Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E.03 Shore-ing Up Sides

• Start Topic

I’m so tired of watching Melissa making salad.  Being enemies with Teresa was their only storyline.  What now?  And anytime they all go into another room, all I hear is “love you, love you, love you.”

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
15 hours ago, QQQQ said:

From the University of Michigan:

ARE STUDENTS REQUIRED TO LIVE ON CAMPUS?

Students are not required to live on campus -- although about 97 percent of first-year students choose to live in Michigan Housing for the community, convenience and security. Living on campus is a big advantage in making the transition to university life.

Wait, where is Gabriella going... University of Michigan or Michigan State University?

I feel this means that you can commute, like if you're already a local, you can stay at home and come to class.  For freshman to do this, you have to establish residency for at least a year prior to becoming a student.  

• Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I feel this means that you can commute, like if you're already a local, you can stay at home and come to class.  For freshman to do this, you have to establish residency for at least a year prior to becoming a student.  

It means that anyone can live off campus, there is no residency requirement. regardless of commuter status. 

Local here and Michigan's campus is spread across the City of Ann Arbor. Unlike the far superior campus of Michigan State in East Lansing, there's far less delineation between the City and campus. For that reason, most upper classmen and many freshman opt out of dorm life because there's little benefit location wise.

Keep in mind that most university dormitories are 100+ years old. While they can upgrade technology, cinderblock rooms and hallway bathrooms can't be improved on without a wrecking ball.

Edited by snarts
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
On 5/20/2024 at 9:02 AM, hottesthw said:

Marge is the Scheana of this franchise. Sitting next to Rachel and Fessler arguing, she is waiting for them to take a breathe so she can insert “and then Jackie comes over here and disagrees with me, how bout that!!” She has no storyline whatsoever since Tre won’t fight with her, so she’s gotta twist everyone else’s business to make it relevant to her somehow. Go away Marge. And take the Fudas with you. 

And they both have the same scary, emaciated-looking face, with all the work they have both had done, on top of the Ozempic face.  Ick!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
(edited)

It has been my experience, while touring colleges with my sons in recent years, that colleges don't have the housing to accommodate the student population that wants or needs to live on/near campus. The ones we visited only guarantee dorm space for freshmen and sophomores. Upperclassmen are encouraged to live in off-campus housing or apartments -sometimes owned by the university.

Most of the dormitories we visited have gotten rid of the community bathrooms and shower areas and have converted the rooms in to 2 room "suites" where 2 dorm rooms, each with their own sink/vanity share a common bathroom that consists of toilet & shower. the community scenario still existed in the oldest buildings with plans to renovate

I think the residency requirement only applies when determining tuition rates, but I don't doubt different schools have different rules about that

ETA: NONE of the dorm rooms we visited could fit the amount of boxes and stuff Gabriella was bringing -but, in fairness, we did not visit U of Michigan

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 5
5 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

It is theoretically possible they can have smart kids but I just don't believe it and that is not usually the way it works.

I don’t know.  I know plenty of smart kids and their parents are dumb as rocks.  And vice versa. It actually makes me feel better about my own parenting, like if dummy Teresa with all her shit can raise up these semi well adjusted children I think mine will be ok.  And the dorters actually seem to like spending time with her (even the camera shy ones) which is huge at that age.  Antonia seems like she can’t wait to leave and is embarrassed by her parents.  That’s normal at her age and then throw in who her parents are and it’s even more understandable.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

This season is off to a slow start. 

Yes, especially with Looie. He’s become a lap dog.  Must have gotten a warning.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Yes, especially with Looie. He’s become a lap dog.  Must have gotten a warning.

After last few seasons of him telling us they can get a helicopter to take them home from Nashville to their 30,000 square foot house, his odd videos including the one he says he owns Rue La La and his spouting off about Bo Deitl and how he has millions, etc...I think Teresa probably told him to reign it in or he will never get camera time again.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Must have gotten a warning.

It’s kind of disconcerting.  Like the scene where they were all FaceTiming with Joe was downright functional.  I actually really liked it, but I kind of did a double take as well!

On 5/19/2024 at 9:26 PM, Marley said:

This was one of the first times I ever liked Jackie lol.

Same.  Between this and the very fair ozempic comments she made at the reunion, being a “friend of” agrees with her.  And I have to say I fucking LOVED Fessler’s reaction.  She’s like I’ll miss ya but don’t let the door hit you on the way out.  Boom!   Fessler did nothing wrong nor did she try and make any excuses.  How childish of Margaret and the fake tears from Rachel oh please.

• Like 6

Gotta comment on the cosmetic surgery these women have had...YIKES! Melissa had stuff done to her face and maybe even breast augmentation; Teresa keeps geting tweaks to her face and now she just looks ridiculous; Dolores had fat removed from her cheeks and now her face. She might be the Housewife that has had the most work done...probably close a close tie with Teresa.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Gotta comment on the cosmetic surgery these women have had...YIKES! Melissa had stuff done to her face and maybe even breast augmentation; Teresa keeps geting tweaks to her face and now she just looks ridiculous; Dolores had fat removed from her cheeks and now her face. She might be the Housewife that has had the most work done...probably close a close tie with Teresa.

I’m not sure what all Dolores has had done, but it is extra sad she doesn’t feel good enough naturally because she is the most naturally beautiful out of that whole bunch imo. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
On 5/21/2024 at 9:59 PM, RealHousewife said:

This season is off to a slow start. 

So slow,when I watch it, I fall asleep.  But it's a good rest!

• LOL 8
(edited)
20 hours ago, goofygirl said:

So slow,when I watch it, I fall asleep.  But it's a good rest!

I always tape so I can watch it over n over again.  Between all the screaming and yelling, you can’t understand what they are saying, which is all the time.   The parties have gotten stale at the Gorga house.  Blow up doll, drinking contests, fighting, etc.  Repeat.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 7
(edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 8:03 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I know it is geographically desirable for their situation but he could accomplish the same financial status living free at his family's house in Sala Cosalina, what happened to his vibrator business?  Is Teresa funding his living his lifestyle? 

Joe Giudice wants to be able to see his kids often, and vice versa, and this is possible in the Bahamas, not Italy. The girls visit him all the time. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Joe Giudice wants to be able to see his kids often, and vice versa, and this is possible in the Bahamas, not Italy. The girls visit him all the time. 

Yes, I understand that his living in the Bahamas makes it easy for the girls to visit him...my point is he has chosen to live in a very expensive place, does not work and is not even kicking in for his kids schooling...my point is sometimes you have go with less convenience in order to make things make sense financially.

I am sure Tre is paying for all the airline tickets, food and lodging for all her dorters.

Joe could be Kramer in real life.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Boy, those Gudice girls sure do love Looie.  I know it’s probably nice n all, but I just can’t wait until th shit hits the fan with Teresa’s money as shown in a clip three months ahead of now.  Will he turn out to be the crook we think he is?  Right now, he’s kissing ass big time, and it nauseating.

• Like 5
(edited)
20 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, I understand that his living in the Bahamas makes it easy for the girls to visit him...my point is he has chosen to live in a very expensive place, does not work and is not even kicking in for his kids schooling...my point is sometimes you have go with less convenience in order to make things make sense financially.

I am sure Tre is paying for all the airline tickets, food and lodging for all her dorters.

Joe could be Kramer in real life.

Joe Giudice works in the Bahamas. I believe he worked in construction, like he did in Italy, and he advertises charter cruise tours in yachts in the Bahamas on his IG, so he works in some capacity for a company. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 2
(edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 7:30 PM, kristen111 said:

Boy, those Gudice girls sure do love Looie.  I know it’s probably nice n all, but I just can’t wait until th shit hits the fan with Teresa’s money as shown in a clip three months ahead of now.  Will he turn out to be the crook we think he is?  Right now, he’s kissing ass big time, and it nauseating.

This is what Margaret said who has no storyline, so she created one. A lot of Teresa's money goes toward compensation for the various judgements for lawsuits, and liens against her and Joe Giudice. She still owes a large amount to the IRS, state taxes, etc., although she paid a massive amount already (she pays monthly). Joe Giudice doesn't contribute to debt payment or anything else. She said on the show that Louie pays for her daughters' college fees. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 5/20/2024 at 6:03 AM, Chatty Cake said:

I find Melissa’s shore house to be very pretty with a great outdoor area. It’s a shame they all have to act like buffoons. Fuda thought a blow up doll would be so hilarious at a birthday part with children. 
Margaret has nothing, absolutely nothing to add to the show. Her husband looks so down. I’m sure he regrets marrying that woman. 
It annoys me that these pigs are using up all the Ozempic to be skinny (and uglier) when people who need it are having issues.

I’ve never liked Jackie but damn. As soon as she had an opinion different than Margaret’s, the hag turned on her! 
Congrats to Gabriela. I always thought she was cute and not as obnoxious as Gia and Melania. Her dinner with her family looked decent.

I am sick of Antonia’s goodbye, just take the kid to school already and don’t embarrass her any more than you already have.

I think Joe and Melissa’s shore house is a rental, paid for by  Bravo.  They keep moving around in one mansion to another.  Who knows what’s going on.

Joe and Melissa’s house is a rental, and Bravo pays for it.  

• Useful 2