Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: The Paint Ball

• Start Topic

(edited)

It's a double premiere, as WoW gifts the masses with a second episode tonight! 

There's no mini-challenge this episode (or, if there was one, it was left on the cutting room floor), as an unflatteringly-clad Ru steers our queens to the meat of the episode: it's the Paint Ball! Delightful Images of the queens desperately trying to fashion costumes out of paintrollers, drop cloths, and low-tack tape are dashed as Ru quickly explains that everyone will create garments out of white fabric that they have to paint, but even this promise of conventional fabric causes a few tears and looks of panic (translation: Jorgeous) in a few stencilled eyes.

Despite being blocked, Roxxxy seems to save more than one lewk as the queens turn to her for much-needed help. Angeria breaks this wholesome reverie to declare that she hates Roxxxy for historic Jinkx abuse (spoiler: it's been ten years, and our Dr. Who alumnus and AS winner seems to be okay), an interesting strategy that will be sure to pay drama dividends throughout the season.

The queens mostly turn out some pretty impressive Werkroom looks along with two more that they brought from home. Jorgeous ensures her place in the Safe Zone with two pedestrian mehs and one uncompleted look; Nina seems to be on an upswing before trotting out a paint-by-number carnival disaster; Shannel brings Shannel, which is both ornate and somewhat scary. But both Gottmik --and particularly Plastique -- knock it out of the park with amazing collections and stunning Werkroom garments. Plastique should have frankly won it all with her AMAZING final look, but she snoozes her way through her lipsynch to hand Gottmik the win. Congratulations, Gottmik! But Utica still should have won the Bag Ball.

Gottmik blocks Angeria, because Roxxxy hates her back. Kidding! But also not really.

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

an unflatteringly-clad Ru

Yeah I thought the same thing. When Bruno came out with all the paint I then thought this was a bit where he was going to splatter Ru with paint, so she was wearing some kind of "wetsuit", but then it got cut. I guess it still could have been that, since there didn't seem to be any reason for Bruno to be there.

our Dr. Who alumnus and AS winner seems to be okay

Don't forget Broadway star lol

But both Gottmik --and particularly Plastique -- knock it out of the park with amazing collections and stunning Werkroom garments. Plastique should have frankly won it all with her AMAZING final look, but she snoozes her way through her lipsynch to hand Gottmik the win

Agree with all this. Gottmik and Plastique were amazing, and Gottmik was just a little better on the lipsync.

• Like 2

Disagree. 

Got was boring. At least Plastique had some moves.

I really feel like Ru and the producers have a soft spot for Got. The looks are amazing no question there, but the personality always struck me as kinda weird and fake.

Watching Got parrot everything Violet said in Fashion Photo Review a few years ago just confirmed it.

Anyway, was really impressed with Roxxy for delivering that awesome look while still helping others. Wow! Never cared much before but my opinion has been changed.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Re: Gottmik, I was cool on her from the start, since she was friends with Kandy, and I just can't stomach bullying.

As for Roxxxy, why is she suddenly talking like she's from the deep south? She never had that accent in any of the previous appearances. Why the affectation now? Getting old and trying to fit in with the younger crowd?

9 hours ago, Starchild said:

As for Roxxxy, why is she suddenly talking like she's from the deep south? She never had that accent in any of the previous appearances. Why the affectation now? Getting old and trying to fit in with the younger crowd?

I've always maintained that men become caricatures of themselves as they age. Roxxxy's just emerged from her Cocoon of Youth to triumphantly metamorphose into her final form as the flamboyant offspring of Blanche Dubois and Gianni Versace, as styled by S1 Project Runway winner Jay McCarroll. Love her.

• LOL 5

I've always maintained that men become caricatures of themselves as they age. Roxxxy's just emerged from her Cocoon of Youth to triumphantly metamorphose into her final form as the flamboyant offspring of Blanche Dubois and Gianni Versace, as styled by S1 Project Runway winner Jay McCarroll. Love her.

Roxxxy is everything to me so reading this made me squeal in delight! Mentioning the rhinestone tank top was too much, lol. Also she did not have to help anyone but she did. Get those karma points in, girl.

Gottmik annoys me to no end. Unfortunately for me Ru & the producers cream themselves over her. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
14 hours ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

Gottmik annoys me to no end.

Same. I feel like the rest of the world drank the Koolaid, though, so thank you for making me feel not as alone!

Seriously, I just see FAKE FAKE FAKE when they're on screen. Every laugh of theirs is cringe. It's all so...manufactured.

And that freakish white face paint? Unsettling.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I don’t like Gottmik either. Amazing outfits but I feel nothing but arrogance with him. I felt that way since his original season during the bag ball when Utica was explaining her elaborate outfit and Gottmik held up a triangle to RuPaul with the biggest grin like he could make anything and Ru would eat it up.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

And that freakish white face paint? Unsettling.

It's getting boring. I wonder if she does that because she can't actually do regular makeup very well.

• Like 1
On 5/18/2024 at 2:49 PM, Starchild said:

Gottmik was just a little better on the lipsync.

I feel like Plastique wasn't actually lipsyncing. It seemed like her lips barely moved. Gottmik at least was mouthing the words (or something resembling the words)

But I too am not a huge Gottmik fan. And am now much more of a fan of Roxxy with her helping so many. Ladies, you know you will have to do some sewing on this dang show, why have you not been practicing at home? 

I both like and don't like the nobody is going home this season. Since I'm not super fond of Gottmik and Jorgeous I'm not sure how I feel about them in the whole season. But I do love all the others so I like that I'm going to get a whole season with Nina. 

• Like 2
(edited)

Sorry guys not feeling this cast or this season at all. 

The stakes seem low with no eliminations, and unlike All Stars 7 (All Winners) the talent is limited. I don't feel like I have a horse in this race for the first time.

Regarding the paint ball - Plastique won it overall for me (But Gottmik's Munch dress was breathtaking indeed).As much as I don't particularly care for Gottmik she is possibly the most well rounded of this cast and she won that lipsync with better expression. (Who is choosing these odd lipsync songs ???) 

Also Roxxy Andrews is a star ( and I hated her on Season5). 

The rest IMO are all pretty one note. 

Edited by Wonderlad71

I was hoping the final two would be Plastique and Gottmik, with their stunning runways.  Gottmik's Munch gown completely blew my mind. I think we will all be talking about it for a very long time.  I loved all of Plastique's looks and would have given the win to her.  I preferred her lip sync to Mik's. 

• Like 1

Angie can really put a look together quickly, and it was beautiful, though I think she skirted around the concept regarding painting the final look.  Hers looked to be more dyed. I think painting entails more artistry and creativity.

I did not like Roxxxy's monochromatic look- it looked a bit disjointed with the exposed wire and the fit was wonky.  I won't comment on Nina's final look. 😂

On 5/20/2024 at 8:16 AM, joanne3482 said:

I both like and don't like the nobody is going home this season. Since I'm not super fond of Gottmik and Jorgeous I'm not sure how I feel about them in the whole season.

Please come over here and sit with me LOL.

Jorgeous is fine, I just can't with Got. I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!! Wow! Others out there!

• Like 6