Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Catch a Falling Star

• Start Topic

An uncharacteristic string of poor performances haunts one All-Star, who fears their days of flying under the radar are over. A well-intentioned speech ends awkwardly and lands one player in hot water. Two champions battle for a star.

Air date: May 15, 2024 on Paramount+

Ryan: “Pairing up with Laurel is like pairing with the man of my dreams.” 😂😂😂

This was a nice episode. I liked it.

During nomination, Jay is talking like he doesn’t also have to get a star. He’s saying he’s “helping” Ryan get a star and it’s like he’s complaining that Ryan doesn’t want to go into elimination to get his star, and we’ve never seen Jay volunteer himself into elimination to get his star. Jay doesn’t seem to be rushing into elimination.

I wonder if the people in the middle group could nominate themselves into elimination. Doesn’t seem like it.

The trailer for next week’s episode looks like my kind of drama.

It feels weird — so freakin’ weird — to not hate Adam. The men was a tool on RR10 and his three Challenge seasons. I keep waiting for the relapse, or at least a montage of his sins, but he truly seems like he’s a changed man. This is in stark contrast to Ace, who has always made preschool stories look like college textbooks. Nice guy, but he can’t read a room the way he naps on the couch.

Poor Brad. That’s about all I can say.

Teege wasn’t as annoying with the trivia. Go figure. The questions he was asking were too tough, though. Who knows how to spell Rey . . . . Reki . . . the capital of Iceland?

Next week: Cara Maria vs. Laurel AND Nicole. Should be a doozy.

I always like the trivia challenges, but you've got to admit there is a little difference between spelling "Reykjavik" (I looked that up) and "fortress" (I didn't look that up).  

Maybe she's completely different in the real world, which I don't believe, but I can't imagine dealing with Laurel in a professional setting.  Either she's ice cold or screaming in your face to "shuuuuut uuuuuup."  Neither extreme is ideal for working with animal and their people.

• Like 3
On 5/16/2024 at 7:18 AM, bunnyface said:

I always like the trivia challenges, but you've got to admit there is a little difference between spelling "Reykjavik" (I looked that up) and "fortress" (I didn't look that up).  

Maybe she's completely different in the real world, which I don't believe, but I can't imagine dealing with Laurel in a professional setting.  Either she's ice cold or screaming in your face to "shuuuuut uuuuuup."  Neither extreme is ideal for working with animal and their people.

Lot of the questions were about the Challenge and lot of them were spelling questions.

Well I guess Challenge trivia is trivia.

But who was counting the number of steps in the stairs going to the arena?

Brad is a teacher now?  And he's living in Northern MI?

That video game thing was confusing too.  First one was Start button?  In any event, you had to try to memorize maybe a sequence of 4-5 at a time or however many you could memorize.

But also seemed tricky for them to go up and down from the controller.

• Like 1

I actually don't mind Brad so much now that he's mellowed out some with age, but I am soooo glad the beard is off my screen.  To each their own, but I had a hard time looking at it.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
On 5/16/2024 at 10:18 AM, bunnyface said:

Fortress, mission, those were lay-ups but I had a feeling Nicole wouldn't have been able to spell either of them.

I couldn't 100% follow Ace's story, but I'm not sure why Brad was so angry about being nominated. How else did he think he was getting a star? Can't count on someone handing one to him in time for the finals.

And yes, that beard is hard to look at. Just looks like a food catcher.

During nomination, Jay is talking like he doesn’t also have to get a star. He’s saying he’s “helping” Ryan get a star and it’s like he’s complaining that Ryan doesn’t want to go into elimination to get his star, and we’ve never seen Jay volunteer himself into elimination to get his star. Jay doesn’t seem to be rushing into elimination.

Every time Jay's name appears on the screen, I'm like "there's a Jay?" Definitely getting an invisible edit.

• Like 3
On 5/19/2024 at 10:57 AM, ljenkins782 said:

Every time Jay's name appears on the screen, I'm like "there's a Jay?" Definitely getting an invisible edit.

I honestly just sat here for over a minute trying to remember who this was, because Survivor Jay was the only one I could remember. 

And yet being forgotten seems a better fate than being married to Zach.

• LOL 3

I kinda hate Nicole.  Always have.   She hasn't changed at all. 

At the same time, I'm embarrassed for Laurel.   Somebody steal her meds.  I want mean "suck-it-dumb-bitch" Laurel back.

The previews are showing a dust-up between Laurel, Nicole and Miss Sorbello.   It's about time.   Cara and Laurel always seemed to have a stronger, more emotional love/hate relationship than Laurel and Nicole, but thus far this season there has been zero interaction between Cara and Laurel, as if they're strangers.

I really miss having Wes and Johnny around.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, millennium said:

I really miss having Wes and Johnny around.

Well, you get to catch Wes on House in Villains whenever the new season premieres. 😬

18 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Well, you get to catch Wes on House in Villains whenever the new season premieres. 😬

It's funny, I have zero interest in watching Challengers on other shows, whether it's House of Villains, The Traitor, etc.   I know they have to make money any way they can while they can but ...