Type keyword(s) to search

Gypsy Rose: Life After Lockup

• Start Topic

I am not surprised that Gypsy is pregnant. I think she wanted a child, just not with Ryan.  It likely isn't the best idea at this stage, but given how much of her life was taken from her by her mother, I can see why she would want the baby, planned or not.

I do wonder what Ken does for a living?  He was able to move to be closer to Gypsy, but lots of people work from home these days. I just have never heard it mentioned what he does. 

Gypsy looks much more like her sister now. I can't blame her for wanting to improve her appearance, especially given that her mother controlled her looks for so many years including shaving her head so that she looked like a cancer patient. Not to mention it seems like Gypsy's teeth were pulled due to her mother's manipulations as well. I can't imagine the pain of that, not to mention all of the other numerous unnecessary procedures. 

• Like 5

Ryan’s not my favorite, But she’s always twisting what he says. It was obvious he was trying to be flirty with that comment about ‘I don’t care about your dads time, I want to love on my wife’  but she showed it to her parents as proof he’s controlling her. 

Then, when he said ‘that’s revenue’ about her social media, he was saying it in support of her, As in-tell your parole officer it’s revenue since he wants you to have a job.  

plus, He’s not a rich man. Nothing wrong with him freaking out a bit about losing a second income. 

She doesn’t want him. He is controlling, but that’s because she’s always halfway out the door to Ken anytime he says anything that’s not 100% Do whatever you want to do and I’ll sit here and have no opinion.  

She’s so viciously cringing any time he acts amorous towards her. It’s uncomfortable as hell to watch. 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Pi237 said:

It was obvious he was trying to be flirty with that comment about ‘I don’t care about your dads time, I want to love on my wife’  but she showed it to her parents as proof he’s controlling her. 

I don't think it was flirty as much as it was about control of who she sees.  He's suspicious that when she leaves his sight, she's with Ken.  I think it was a mistake on Gypsy's part to tell Ryan her every thought and conversation, i.e. her stepmom giving her info about Ken, her feelings about Ken, etc.  Keep that to yourself.  He became more and more jealous and suspicious with each passing day and she became more and more defensive and smothered.    

• Like 4
21 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Don’t leave that poor puppy with Ryan! He didn’t even want it 🥺

It bothers me that she begged and begged to get a dog and then she just walks out and leaves it. I agree with you that Ryan didn't want to get a dog, but he did try to tell her that dogs are a lot of work and maybe she should wait. She just wanted what she wanted and when she wanted it and she wanted a dog. I hope it gets a nice loving home. I hope Gypsy is more mature with a baby.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I think it was a mistake on Gypsy's part to tell Ryan her every thought and conversation, i.e. her stepmom giving her info about Ken, her feelings about Ken, etc.  Keep that to yourself.  He became more and more jealous and suspicious with each passing day and she became more and more defensive and smothered. 

Amen!  How did she expect him to react to that?  Nobody wants to hear that you still have feelings for your ex.  She should have expected him to be defensive and hurt.  I think she already made up her mind once she found out Ken was reaching out to her that she was going to leave Ryan.  And I can't stand that stepmother of hers.  What a busybody.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I really hope that therapy really helps her understand that not everything has to be a spectacle. I see little glimpses of her mom in her with wanting to put on a show. I think Ryan was the last person she needed to be with because he feeds into that. I can totally see that he wanted to be with a "star" not just normal Gypsy. I really hope that once she has this baby that she doesn't put it on a show or anything and she just goes on living a normal life. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I am sick of the lot of them. Gypsy's dad gets the most sympathy because he's between a rock and a hard place, wracked with guilt about how messed up her childhood was and not wanting to tell her what she's doing is wrong and she needs to get of SM, away from cameras, into intense therapy and vocational rehab. Ryan, Ken, Kristi and Gypsy are all using what is essentially a tragedy to make dollars. Its frustrating and cringeworthy. I really think if Gypsy would change her appearance and stop talking publicly about what happened, she could assimilate into a productive life and its not like she's so unique looking that people would know who she was 5 years from now.  Just going from one reality series to another is not getting her the help she needs. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, lemoncake said:

I am sick of the lot of them. Gypsy's dad gets the most sympathy because he's between a rock and a hard place, wracked with guilt about how messed up her childhood was and not wanting to tell her what she's doing is wrong and she needs to get of SM, away from cameras, into intense therapy and vocational rehab. Ryan, Ken, Kristi and Gypsy are all using what is essentially a tragedy to make dollars. Its frustrating and cringeworthy. I really think if Gypsy would change her appearance and stop talking publicly about what happened, she could assimilate into a productive life and its not like she's so unique looking that people would know who she was 5 years from now.  Just going from one reality series to another is not getting her the help she needs. 

Ditto! They are all opportunistic’s making money off a murdered woman. Gypsy should not have gotten married and now she’s with another guy and pregnant. She could not even commit to the puppy she wanted so bad. Kristy annd her dad will end up with the baby. 
I think all the attention from the doc’s about made her think she’s a celebrity. She needs to get off TV and SM, get therapy and live an anonymous life. 

• Like 5
On 7/17/2024 at 11:02 PM, Straycat80 said:

She needs to get off TV and SM, get therapy and live an anonymous life.

She's been quoted as saying she doesn't want fame (I think on the Dr. Phil interview), but all she's done since she's out of prison is chase fame.  I guess the money is too hard to resist.  

I've read that she's gotten into some arguments on social media (I guess Tik Tok) and Kristy has jumped in to join the arguments. 

She said she's going to protect her baby from social media.  I find that hard to believe.  She'll be posting photos of the baby right after it's born.  

• Like 5

I view Ryan and Gypsy's relationship as a classic dysfunctional dynamic - in which each person is operating from an unhealthy position, attempting to use the other to get their needs met. 

Ryan is insecure and so he pursued a convict, someone who he can have the upper hand over, so he can be the KISA (Knight in Shining Armor). He chose someone like her because he needs to take on that role in order to prop up his insecure ego. He is dependent on Gypsy staying in the "needy" / "less than" position. If she changes and becomes more autonomous and functional, it is scary to him because then he has no bandage for his insecurity.

Then we have Gypsy. She has been controlled to an extreme degree her entire life. Living in the dependent role is all she knows. Its an extremely warped identity that was forced upon her from a very young age. And the younger abuse happens, the deeper the effects will be.

Naturally, she finds a KISA like Ryan and latches on tightly.  As time passes, she is out of prison, and its predictable that she will start to shed some of this dependency.  But its so deeply embedded in her that she will subconsciously find ways to maintain this dynamic.

This is where we see her doing the things like talking openly to Ryan about her feelings for Ken, and showing her family Ryan's texts. She's doing things that would cause a normal person to feel upset and insecure in the relationship.

Instead of being mature and honest and saying I'm not sure I want to stay in this marriage, she frames it as she is a helpless victim and he is her prison guard, even though she is the one actively doing things to instigate that reaction from him.  I don't think she is conscious of this, though. I think this is another layer of healing that she needs to do.

Yes, Ryan took on the KISA role to fulfill his own need to not feel worthless and insecure and he uses Gypsy to get that need met, but Gypsy is also taking on the "helpless victim" role and using it to get her needs met - in this case, to get away from Ryan. (Just like how she played this role to get Nicholas Godejohn to kill her mom).

Ken will need to watch out for this pattern in their relationship. Of course, he invariably has some KISA going on as well.  Time will tell how these deeper unhealthy tendencies will unfold between Ken and Gypsy. For the baby's sake, I hope they can pull it together.

Of course there are other facets at play in their relationship, but to me, this is the dysfunctional root upon which everything else is built.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Ryan and Gypsy are both assholes. He let that puppy fall between the table and the couch and didn’t even jump to grab her or see if she was ok. Then, when he was crying, Pixie tried to comfort him and he ignored her. And Gypsy ditched that dog and will probably get a Husky with Ken. 

She was so cruel to send that picture of her and Ken to Ryan. What does she expect him to say? Then, she tells him she still loves him? That’s just nasty. 

Good for her sister calling her mom out. I like her.

Edited by Pi237
  • Like 5
(edited)

What a mess.  

Some thoughts:

Gypsy's sister has more sense than the stepmother.  She told the stepmother that she (the stepmother) should never have inserted herself into the situation and it was up to Ken to tell Gypsy his reason for leaving.  They had quite an argument.  The stepmother is such a busybody.  

Gypsy keeps taunting Ryan--calling him and sending him photos of her and Ken, etc.  She even told him she loved him and always would.

She got matching tattoos with Ken and that really hurt Ryan.

Ryan seems to be bonding well with Pixie, the dog Gypsy forced him to get and then abandoned.

The intermittent scenes of social media influencers chatting annoy me.  

Gypsy gets her nose job.  The stepmother brings her dog into the doctor's office.  A sterile doctor's office is no place for a dog (except, of course, a seeing-eye dog).

Ryan visits his mother and tells her Gypsy texted him at 3 am asking how's he doing and how's Pixie.  He said this gives him hope.  His mother says the continual contact is not healthy, and if she wants to go, she should just go.

Gypsy tells Ryan she wants a divorce.  

The stepmother tells the dad that Gypsy wouldn't have married Ryan if the dad would have told her not to and she didn't want to be a burden to her family.  He was surprised to hear that and said he didn't want to tell her what to do.  Why did the stepmother even have to tell him that?  The stepmother seems to love to stir the pot.

Ken visits the family and Gypsy's dad warns her not to get pregnant and that he didn't want to raise another child.  Four weeks later, she finds out she's pregnant.  And then she sends the pregnancy results to Ryan and when he asks who's the father, she said she doesn't know, but

Spoiler

she recently said on social media that Ken's definitely the father. 

Ryan says he and Gypsy were secretly trying to get pregnant and Gypsy wanted to be pregnant.  But on a previous episode, it shows her taking the morning after pill.  I guess this was around the time she was reconnecting with Ken and she didn't want to have Ryan's baby.

Ryan says his world is in turmoil.

Damn, they didn't show her breaking the pregnancy news to her dad. 

Gypsy and Ken rolling around on the grass.  Barf.

This episode made me feel sorry for Ryan.  He's really heart-broken.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Pi237 said:

Ryan and Gypsy are both assholes. He let that puppy fall between the table and the couch and didn’t even jump to grab her or see if she was ok. Then, when he was crying, Pixie tried to comfort him and he ignored her.

I think Ryan is depressed and he's preoccupied with his own feelings right now, but I was heartened by the fact that he interacts well with Pixie, holding & petting her, taking her with him to his mom's house, etc.  

• Like 2

I too was glad to see Ryan interacting with Pixie and bringing her to his mother's house. I did wonder why Gypsy didn't take Pixie since her dad has at least two dogs. But now seeing that Ken has a dog I wonder if she was already thinking down the line that Ken already has a dog. I do wonder if Pixie is left alone all day while Ryan is a work. That would make me sad as at least before she had Gypsy (at least when she wasn't making trips to her father's house).

Kristy has shown herself to be pretty manipulative. In this episode she told Rod that if he had told Gypsy not to marry Ryan that she would not have. That is very doubtful. I don't think Gypsy married Ryan because she thought she would be in the way living with Rod and Kristy. Gypsy married a year and a half before she was even released, so that makes no sense. Kristy is definitely a pot stirrer.

The only two that I really like are Rod and Mia, and I loved Mia calling out her mother. Mia seems to take after her father much more than her mother, thank God. 

Poor Rod, his talk did absolutely nothing with regards to Gypsy and Ken taking it slow. I'd still like to know what Ken does for a living. 

I am glad that Ryan has his mom, she seems like she has a good head on her shoulders. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Kristy has shown herself to be pretty manipulative. In this episode she told Rod that if he had told Gypsy not to marry Ryan that she would not have. That is very doubtful. I don't think Gypsy married Ryan because she thought she would be in the way living with Rod and Kristy. Gypsy married a year and a half before she was even released, so that makes no sense. Kristy is definitely a pot stirrer.

The only two that I really like are Rod and Mia, and I loved Mia calling out her mother. Mia seems to take after her father much more than her mother, thank God. 

I agree. Kristie telling Rod that it was basically his fault Gypsy married Ryan was just mean. I hope it’s just production getting in her ear, but considering she stayed phone besties with Ken, I think she’s just messy. 

Good points all about Ryan interacting with Pixie. I hope he continues to build a good bond with her. Such a cute and affectionate puppy❤️

Ken didn’t say much. So, no idea what kind of man he is. But I’ll never believe that ‘broke up with Gypsy to set her free’ bullshit. Rod should just start adding a nursery to his house now. 

• Like 2

Wow, she wanted spousal support from Ryan?!  The balls.

I knew she wouldn’t take that poor puppy, but if Ryan grows to love her, she’s better off!! 

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Wow, she wanted spousal support from Ryan?!  The balls.

I knew she wouldn’t take that poor puppy, but if Ryan grows to love her, she’s better off!! 

She probably only asked in case Ryan decided on the same thing. This way it's a wash.

Supposedly, Gypsy & Ken want to get Huskies...so Pixie IS better off with Ryan.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Supposedly, Gypsy & Ken want to get Huskies...so Pixie IS better off with Ryan.

I'm sure the huskies will love living in Louisiana.  The weather is so perfect for the species.

NOT.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
13 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I'm sure the huskies will love living in Louisiana.  The weather is so perfect for the species.

NOT.

Yeah, I thought about this.  I'm in Louisiana and my nephew has a miniature husky.  Thankfully, he and his wife keep it indoors in the A/C.  I can't imagine how miserable (and possibly life-threatening) it would be for huskies to be out and about in the hot and extremely humid Louisiana summers.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, AZChristian said:

NOT.

Apparently it's an obsession of theirs...weather be damned. 

Gypsy is a manipulator of the first degree.  Of course, she lived and watched her mom who was intent on grifting off of Gypsy and those who believed the lies the mom told.  Gypsy had a horrific upbringing but it seems that she is repeating the manipulative acts.  

Out of everyone featured on this show I only sympathize with Rod, Mia, and Pixie.  Rod has a 'type' as I think Kristy is as manipulative as Gypsy's mom was but just in a different way.

• Like 1

I’m so relieved that other than her stepmom’s messiness, she has a stable, loving family to help support her and the baby. Hopefully, they’ll be instrumental in breaking old patterns. 

(edited)

There's a person named Katie who has a Youtube channel called Without a Crystal Ball, and Katie was corresponding with Kristy I think for years before they had a falling out.  Katie is making interesting allegations in the below video.  Among other things, she alleges the police were called to Kristy and Rod's home on July 23 because of a fight, Rod left the house to go to his son's house, and fights have happened before.  Rod denies this.  Katie also alleges Gypsy has some parole violations and is basically on 'house arrest' as she can't leave Kristy and Rod's home to go see Ken.  Katie also alleges there are four separate violations and Gypsy is being investigated for phone calls with inmates.  Katie also alleges there are ongoing money problems caused by a number of things: the divorce, Gypsy hiring a PR firm and a lawyer to be her manager, Gypsy possibly being prevented from doing live social media, Gypsy not looking for a job, and a possible lawsuit by Gypsy's aunt.  Katie also alleges that there are doubts in the family as to whether Gypsy is actually pregnant.  The bulk of it starts at the 10:20 mark on this video.  As I said, this is all alleged.

Katie also said they are filming the second season now.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 2

There’s obviously no doubt that Gypsy was abused by her mother. But I’m interested in what Gypsy knew and when. She clearly knew she could walk. Did she ever question why she had to have all these surgeries? Or why her teeth were rotting out of her face? Due to their dynamic, she could have never questioned her mom, but was there really no one else? Ever? A doctor, a kind nurse? Anybody? Deedee got a certain level of attention Gypsy’s “condition” allowed them to benefit financially, got to meet celebrities etc. 

If Gypsy was capable of soliciting a stranger to kill her mother, she was capable of picking up the phone and calling 911 or her dad. I don’t want this to come across as “victim shaming” but I’m curious why she continued to play along with her mother’s plan for so many years  

• Like 2

Speaking as someone who was raised by a narcissistic mother who was still very loving at times, it took me DECADES to unpack the damage she did. One's parents are supposed to be one's protectors, and as children, we have no other notion but to trust them. I have no doubt that while Gypsy may have questioned internally or aloud what was going on, she would've been silenced by her mother. There's no excusing murder, but we can't possibly understand the conditions under which Gypsy was raised. The fact that Dee Dee tricked many actual medical professionals into performing surgeries blows my mind. If she had that hold over them, imagine what she was doing to her child.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I'm just curious as to why Gypsy's father wasn't more involved.  In the recent shows I've seen, he seems to be very loving and caring.  Would DeeDee not even let him see Gypsy?  I can't imagine that a con artist like DeeDee would let him get away without paying child support.  

In a recent interview, Gypsy talked about how the abuse from her mother became physical when Gypsy started to challenge DeeDee.  She specifically mentioned hangers.

It would have been much more justice meted out to DeeDee if she had been arrested and sent to prison for the level of abuse and theft (from charities, etc.) she committed.  As it was, she benefitted from her criminal behavior right up until the day she was killed.