Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Garrison Commander

Athena
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Pallas said:

It's one of the best performances I've seen on television. The vitality. From the moment Jack enters the briefing room and warms the venison with his contempt. In a way, though, everything Menzies did from then on was already visible within him when Claire first saw Jack crouching by the stream, moments after she's been flung back 200 years. That same twisted energy and focus. His strangely candid face, and openness to his own emotions: the disgust he feels for what he's told to respect; the thrill he brings to heel at the sight of prey, and how it radiates from him. It's the first thing Claire knew in this world: "You're not Frank."  We saw it too. But this?

"I promised that I would reveal myself to you, and...I have."  

To me, Randall is akin to Ramsey (GoT), but he's much smarter and more astute than Ramsey ever was. And that character scarred me, so I am having trouble viewing BJR as anything more than a grosteque human being.

• Love 3

It was an interesting change of place to see an English garrison, though we didn't get to see the perspective of the common English soldiers.  Overall, there was way too much focus on gore and the sicko Blackjack Randall.  

• Love 3

I agree that Claire thought BJR could be redeemed… but I was not fooled. I was disgusted by him from the minute we saw him in the first episode.    The only thing that surprised me was his statement that he should send her on her way as that was not anything like the man has shown himself to be.  Artistry my ?!&@! 

I do not know if Claire ever makes it back to 1945 as I have not read the books not watched ahead on the show.  You have to wonder how she could  ever look at Frank the same.  His admiration for an such an evil ancestor would be hard for her to deal with. 

I have no problem with Jaime and Claire marrying and consummating it.  The reality is that she is 200 years in the past, Frank is lost to her  since he is not yet born.  Jaime will be dead if she ever does get back to 1945.

Note:  the tea leaf reader said two marriages and that the marriage line was forked, not divided.  Foretelling? 

• Like 1
  • Love 2