Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: You Won't Break My Soul

• Start Topic

(edited)

The game gets real when a pot-stirring player pushes another to question their desire to stay in the game. Warring exes wonder if they should resolve their differences in the Arena. An old-school player teaches a fledgling All Star a valuable lesson.

Air date: April 10, 2024 on Paramount+

Edited by AntFTW

I don't think there was a scenario that could have played out in which Averey's star wasn't taken.

If there was an elimination played, anyone that won it out of Janelle, Jasmine or Tina, Averey's star was being taken.

I don't think any woman is ready to pull the trigger on taking Cara's and Rachel's stars.

I love how different All Stars feels from all the other Challenges. TJ is much more relaxed around the older contestants joking around with them. And the structure is also more chill, they showed the apple catching bloopers in the previous episode and in this one Leroy mentioned the cameraman. 

Ayanna’s speech and reactions to it was hilarious. Poor Leroy was so confused. She seems like she goes to the line “you’re disrespecting me” any time someone questions anything she does. 

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Lola82 said:

Ayanna’s speech and reactions to it was hilarious. Poor Leroy was so confused. She seems like she goes to the line “you’re disrespecting me” any time someone questions anything she does. 

I still need to know what she was explaining with the apples. Cause, girl what?!?!?!

Also, I died when Ayana spent x hours talking and then when Leroy tried to get clarification, she goes off about how he was wasting time and Ace hadn't spoken yet. The camera cuts to Ace, and he goes, "I'm good. I don't need to talk!"

I always forget how cuckoo bananas Ayanna is. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Lola82 said:

11 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

I still need to know what she was explaining with the apples. Cause, girl what?!?!?!

Also, I died when Ayana spent x hours talking and then when Leroy tried to get clarification, she goes off about how he was wasting time and Ace hadn't spoken yet. The camera cuts to Ace, and he goes, "I'm good. I don't need to talk!"

I forgot how Tech used to tell Ayanna to talk less and to let him do more of the talking in season 2. 😂

And she talks in metaphors and cliches. I can imagine her throwing out every cliche she can think of 45 minutes straight.

Granted, this is edited but she said Leroy cut her off, and from what is shown it didn't appear that Leroy cut her off. He seemingly waited until she stopped talking.

Also, what really cracked me up was Ayanna saying "in the interest of time, we're not having this conversation right now" or something like that... and she just wasted an hour of their time just to say she's voting for Jasmine.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

.. and she just wasted an hour of their time just to say she's voting for Jasmine.

Right after she said she's not going to vote for Jasmine haha

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
28 minutes ago, Lola82 said:

Right after she said she's not going to vote for Jasmine haha

...and why is she suddenly riding so hard for Jasmine? The last time we left off with those two, they are at each other's throats. Jasmine was not with Ayanna's bullshit.

It's been over 36 hours since the episode dropped (I'm guessing), and no one has talked about:

• The blood feud between Laurel and Nicole
  • Laurel and Nicole winding up on the same team in the daily
  • Laurel and Nicole winning along with Jay and Tony Time
  • The daily involving a suspended Winnebago and a Road Rules puzzle crest
  • Tina winding up in the bottom, probably because the numbers were uneven and she was only given Adam and Steve to work with
  • The bizarre cold open, where Steve uses an electronic massager on his leg and talks about the first episode
  • The fact that Tina didn't have to break a sweat in the Arena in order to grab Averey's Star
  • More blood feud between Laurel and Nicole

Yes, Ayanna is such a nutter, she wound up taking Janelle out of the game, and then she had the nerve to play the innocent. I know Ayanna has a cancer diagnosis, I know these people are human (including Laurel), but goodwill can only be stretched so far. And noticed we didn't get Teege dropping by the house to persuade Janelle to stay, followed by saying one of his lines to dismiss her. Janelle quit, but it was an understandable quit.

I'm hoping Ayanna isn't protected by the old school RRers for long. She has to get bounced out of the game, and soon.

As much as I don't care for Tina, I liked her exasperation when Teege asked Laurel and Nicole if they wanted to compete in the Arena against her. Even if the game didn't play to their strengths, either would be the automatic favorite going up against Tina.

Tina and Rachel have Stars. The odds of those two and Veronica sliding into the finale are slim, but it's still a gruesome thought for an old-school hater like myself. Even if the Verantula were to get a hold of Cara Maria's Star, there's no guarantee that she'll be able to keep it. As overrated as I find Rachel, I think she's got the best shot of keeping her Star.

• Like 2

I understand the sentiment, but I had to roll my eyes when Ayanna got all nostalgic over the RV that TJ drove out for the daily.  Girl, you were on a ship. Be quiet.

And Cara doesn't know how to add? I mean, she couldn't figure out 872 +8?? And someone said maybe 879??? I suck with numbers myself and have trouble doing math in my head, but I was completely dumbfounded by that.

Jasmine seems to have perpetual babyface. So does Derek, for that matter. Strange they don't seem to interact much despite being on the same real world season.

I wish someone had said to Ayanna that she was disrespecting everyone else's time by blabbering on and not allowing the vote to proceed. I'd have gotten up and left, too. I don't know why she thinks she gets to talk for however long she wants. Reclaiming my time? I think she's watched too many Senate hearings.

I've enjoyed these first two episodes. Already more invested than I was the entirety of the last main show. Are they dropping two eps every week, or did they just give us a bonus ep for the premiere week?

• Like 2
On 4/10/2024 at 1:52 PM, Michichick said:

Ugh, Ayanna is dreadful. And not too impressed with Janelle; not a fan of quitters.

Ayanna is horrible. And I heard there was more to the Janelle and  Ayanna story. I think it might be on the Official Challenge podcast but I haven't heard it yet. 

On 4/10/2024 at 5:31 PM, AntFTW said:

I don't think there was a scenario that could have played out in which Averey's star wasn't taken.

If there was an elimination played, anyone that won it out of Janelle, Jasmine or Tina, Averey's star was being taken.

I don't think any woman is ready to pull the trigger on taking Cara's and Rachel's stars.

I was thinking about that too with Averey. First I said she should have voted for Jasmine but it looked like Tina was going in anyhow and she would have taken Averey's star no matter what. Well anyone would have because they'd be afraid to go against Cara or Rachel right now.

On 4/10/2024 at 10:47 PM, Lola82 said:

I love how different All Stars feels from all the other Challenges. TJ is much more relaxed around the older contestants joking around with them. And the structure is also more chill, they showed the apple catching bloopers in the previous episode and in this one Leroy mentioned the cameraman. 

I don't blame Leroy for leaving the room. I'm surprised they were all able to listen to her for that long.

On 4/11/2024 at 10:53 AM, luckyroll3 said:

I do admit her speech was funny even though she annoys me.

20 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

It's been over 36 hours since the episode dropped (I'm guessing), and no one has talked about:

• The blood feud between Laurel and Nicole
  • Laurel and Nicole winding up on the same team in the daily
  • Laurel and Nicole winning along with Jay and Tony Time
  • The daily involving a suspended Winnebago and a Road Rules puzzle crest
  • Tina winding up in the bottom, probably because the numbers were uneven and she was only given Adam and Steve to work with
  • The bizarre cold open, where Steve uses an electronic massager on his leg and talks about the first episode
  • The fact that Tina didn't have to break a sweat in the Arena in order to grab Averey's Star
  • More blood feud between Laurel and Nicole

Yes, Ayanna is such a nutter, she wound up taking Janelle out of the game, and then she had the nerve to play the innocent. I know Ayanna has a cancer diagnosis, I know these people are human (including Laurel), but goodwill can only be stretched so far. And noticed we didn't get Teege dropping by the house to persuade Janelle to stay, followed by saying one of his lines to dismiss her. Janelle quit, but it was an understandable quit.

I'm hoping Ayanna isn't protected by the old school RRers for long. She has to get bounced out of the game, and soon.

As much as I don't care for Tina, I liked her exasperation when Teege asked Laurel and Nicole if they wanted to compete in the Arena against her. Even if the game didn't play to their strengths, either would be the automatic favorite going up against Tina.

Tina and Rachel have Stars. The odds of those two and Veronica sliding into the finale are slim, but it's still a gruesome thought for an old-school hater like myself. Even if the Verantula were to get a hold of Cara Maria's Star, there's no guarantee that she'll be able to keep it. As overrated as I find Rachel, I think she's got the best shot of keeping her Star.

I  don't like those three (T, R, And  V) so I hope they don't go to the final.

• Like 1
(edited)
On 4/11/2024 at 10:53 AM, luckyroll3 said:

3 hours ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

I do admit her speech was funny even though she annoys me.

Ayanna is MADE for reality tv. She's annoying and nuts but also hilarious in her nuttiness.

I couldn't help but notice that they follow the same pattern with her. They show her being encouraging toward people and then she turns. Remember on season 2 when she was thrown into her first elimination and everyone was cheering her on and crying at how encouraging she was to her opponent. Ayanna was telling this woman she was powerful, and she's not a quitter and so on. Kendal had her best ugly crying face. Fast forward and we got "Jodie, I ate yo greek salad."

This season Ayanna starts off giving Kam all of her praises about how she's "looking at a champion." Then, fast forward she's like "I know it's a little manufactured" and "it's a part of my crazy."

Edited by AntFTW
59 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Ayanna is MADE for reality tv. She's annoying and nuts but also hilarious in her nuttiness.

I couldn't help but notice that they follow the same pattern with her. They show her being encouraging toward people and then she turns. Remember on season 2 when she was thrown into her first elimination and everyone was cheering her on and crying at how encouraging she was to her opponent. Ayanna was telling this woman she was powerful, and she's not a quitter and so on. Kendal have her best ugly crying face. Fast forward and we got "Jodie, I ate yo greek salad."

This season Ayanna starts off giving Kam all of her praises about how she's "looking at a champion." Then, fast forward she's like "I know it's a little manufactured" and "it's a part of my crazy."

That's right. It's coming back to me what happened with Ayanna in the 2nd season. It does all seem so familar.

(edited)

I decided to miss an event airing the first two episodes. There were BMP people there . . . including Sophia. As much as I would’ve wanted to meet her again (she still looks the same in the pictures I saw), I don’t know if I would’ve wanted to be near her as Ayanna did Ayanna stuff. She could form a support group with Janelle and Aneesa.

9 hours ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

I  don't like those three (T, R, And  V) so I hope they don't go to the final.

I think Rachel has the best chance to keep her star. Tina will probably get targeted soon.

Edited by Lantern7
37 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

I decided to miss an event airing the first two episodes. There were BMP people there . . . including Sophia. As much as I would’ve wanted to meet her again (she still looks the same in the pictures I saw), I don’t know if I would’ve wanted to be near her as Ayanna did Ayanna stuff. She could form a support group with Janelle and Aneesa.

I think Rachel has athe best chance to keep her star. Tina will probably get targeted soon.

I'm sorry but I don't know what BMP means. I'm sure Tina will get targeted soon. 

3 hours ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

I'm sorry but I don't know what BMP means. I'm sure Tina will get targeted soon. 

BMP = Bunim/Murray Productions, the production company behind The Challenge.

Daily was a fun setup.  Must cost money to have a crane available and all those nostalgic vehicles.

yeah the first team which did it kind of got screwed.

Janelle probably makes good income and has a comfortable life.  Prize is not enough to make her put up with the aggravation.  The Challenge and other reality shows want confrontational people, especially when they get drunk.

Janelle is a mother of young children and a professional.  She doesn’t need to get loud and angry on TV.  Makes you wonder why she came back for a second All Stars season,  I thought she said she had some friends among this cast.

So TJ explained the game before either Laurel or Nicole committed to competing, like he was trying to entice one of them.  He never gives the game away until the competitors are determined.

Nicole may be right, Laurel still has feelings for her and she’s putting up a coldhearted front.  Laurel doth protest too much.

(edited)

I've hated Ayanna since her Semester at Sea season. She's the very definition of toxic. Did they say that she's a teacher?  Please no.

Much more to the story on why Janelle left and it saddens me that was all edited out. Why not show Ayanna for who she really is? It might be funny watching her antics on TV but I guarantee you'd feel otherwise if you were forced to interact with her.

Almost didn't watch because of her, Tina/Veronica/Rachel, Laurel Stuckey. Surprised Julie wasn't invited, it would be like all my least favorite female challengers together on one season.

I am happy to see Kefla, Flora, Averey, Ace, Jasmine. I do miss the lightness of the 1st All-Stars season. This now feels too much like every other version of the Challenge.

Edited by snarts
  • Like 1