Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E19: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Audpaud said:

Candiace was fired the moment those colorist words came out of her mouth to Gizeelle last Reunion, but like any Corporation, BRAVO (or whatever entity) tiptoed around the optics and waited until now. I feel $orry for her Mom, who will no doubt have to go back to paying for Candiace's husband Chef Chris/child support/musical stardom/IFV without the BRAVO check

My interpretation of the colorist conversation was Candiace saying G, Robyn and Ashley BENEFITED from a colorist fanbase and the people in charge of the show and I agree.

G embedded in her fanbase that Candiace called her a colorist and it's just not what happened. Just like Chris was not trying to "lure" her into a hotel room to see if she was "about it " and he was a sneaky link.

If it's one thing that beautiful devil is good at, it's deflecting. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
17 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I agree, but it seems like this strategy will have a limited shelf life.

I ask in all seriousness who is actually listening to these podcasts.

Does anyone have the time or interest to actually spend a significant amount of time listening to what is essentially boring crap.

Anything of real interest is reported the next day where I can read in 30 seconds what you probably need to spend at least 30 minutes listening to.

I don't even generally follow links to podcasts because they take up too much time. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I listen to Watch What Crappens all the time.  Ben and Ronnie are hilarious and they are free.

Unlike Robyn and Gizelle..

Recently I've done a deep dive into the very beginning of WWC--its fun to go back to early episodes of Real Housewives.  Brooks was just introduced to the OC by Vicki, they can't stand Kim Z. from Atlanta and Ronnie just discovered some new fangled thing called "Twitter ".

Edited by dosodog
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, amarante said:

I ask in all seriousness who is actually listening to these podcasts.

Does anyone have the time or interest to actually spend a significant amount of time listening to what is essentially boring crap.

Anything of real interest is reported the next day where I can read in 30 seconds what you probably need to spend at least 30 minutes listening to.

I don't even generally follow links to podcasts because they take up too much time. 

I’m not into podcasts but I constantly read about the two ts in a pod which is two California housewives so I guess it may be lucrative  and a way to stay in the public eye. 

• Like 1
(edited)

Do GEB really charge money for their podcast?! Wooooow ..

Podcast are the best driving and work from home companion. I don't listen to any "celebrity" podcast and never will. Can't name one celebrity I find interesting enough to even grant them 5 minutes of my ear time.

There are legitimate, funny, thought provoking, knowledge based podcasts and I hate the way anyone who has been on TV for at least 5 minutes have invaded the space with their nonsense. 

For any nonfan, if you are curious about the hype I would suggest Heavyweight. It's heartwarming, funny and engaging. Great for a podcast virgin.

ETA - the podcast SCAMfluencers have done a show on Teresa and Joe, Erika and Tom and Jen Shah. Bravo didn't even tell 1/4th of what really happened. They go in deep and do not hold back.

Edited by Boofish
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, dosodog said:

I guess they are free too, but they also have a pay site?

The podcast itself is free, but they also have a Patreon associated with the show. You pay for the Patreon and get exclusive content, special episodes, videos, etc. Lots of podcasters use this model to create additional revenue.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, Boofish said:

There are legitimate, funny, thought provoking, knowledge based podcasts and I hate the way anyone who has been on TV for at least 5 minutes have invaded the space with their nonsense. 

I'm going to circle back to this comment, but let me address other things first:

Gizelle's dad's death had nothing to do with her circus seal barking at the reunion. Gizelle was pissed she got bounced from first seat and took it out on Candiace.

Candiace (IMO) was not fired. IMO production sat her down and told her she would have to apologize to Gizelle for reacting so badly because Gizelle lied on her husband. She would have to accept total responsibility for the group tension. That's why Gizelle loudly said production was supposed to bring Candiace in for a sit down. Candiace decided she was not going to kiss Gizelle's ass and decided to leave (I also think she had a personal reason for her abrupt departure).

People may say nobody leaves a check voluntarily but at some point you sit with yourself and ask if this check is worth people tearing up my family? These people have lied on my husband and continue to lie, and make up new lies and bring on people to beat ME up because of what my husband allegedly did. And then you want me to apologize to THEM for the lies they told? No ma'am.  Anyone with some dignity about themselves would quit too.

Podcasting...there's 3 ways of making money with podcasting:

• Get a deal with a media company, which allows advertising to be charged on your podcast
  • Do a live show, which charges fans to come see you do the podcast live
  • Use the podcast to advertise your existing business

Robyn & Gizelle got the deal with the company (based on Housewives) and they advertise on the podcast and they do the live shows.

There's a podcast for everyone. There are craft, cooking, pop culture, feminist, sports, tv shows, news etc podcasts.  Many people listen to podcasts on their commute to work. It's just like listening to talk radio before talk radio became toxic and racist.

Doing a good podcast is hard work and must be done consistently. Many people will also do a podcast as a lead generator for their existing business so they're not that concerned with getting a media deal or advertising dollars because the money they make from the podcast is generated from the leads they get from the podcast.

A lot of people were pissed about GEB getting the podcast deal because neither one had any podcasting experience but landed the podcast deal based on who they were.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 7
12 hours ago, Boofish said:

ETA - the podcast SCAMfluencers have done a show on Teresa and Joe, Erika and Tom and Jen Shah. Bravo didn't even tell 1/4th of what really happened. They go in deep and do not hold back.

Like amarante I find podcasts boring and a waste of my time. (I'm the same way with Youtube tutorials - I have to find the bits I need and ignore the rest.) But SCAMfluencers might hold my attention during rush hour traffic.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Gizelle's dad's death had nothing to do with her circus seal barking at the reunion. Gizelle was pissed she got bounced from first seat and took it out on Candiace.

So true and she refused to interact with Candiace and Wendy the whole season which is huge part of why she got second seat. But Gizelle is too full of herself. I wish she had gotten fired. Her continued revisionist history of Chris and her talking and each time made Chris out to be an even worse predator and her unwillingness to reveal her real life on reality TV.

Candiace (IMO) was not fired. IMO production sat her down and told her she would have to apologize to Gizelle for reacting so badly because Gizelle lied on her husband. She would have to accept total responsibility for the group tension. That's why Gizelle loudly said production was supposed to bring Candiace in for a sit down. Candiace decided she was not going to kiss Gizelle's ass and decided to leave (I also think she had a personal reason for her abrupt departure).

I tend to agree with this. While we don’t know what we don’t know, Candiace was right to leave the show. The producers and Andy chose Giselle no matter what. Who will Giselle attack next season especially with her puppet Robyn around?

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

I am surprised Gizelles position seems so secure. She had a lackluster season. She went too far with Chris Basset. At first I did think it would be possible to feel uncomfortable around your costars husband but she did change up the story to make it sound worse. I think she got with Ashley to collaborate on taking him down. I am looking forward to Candiaces exchange with Ashley on the lawsuit and on Deborah.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

At first I did think it would be possible to feel uncomfortable around your costars husband but she did change up the story to make it sound worse.

I don't think anyone (even Candiace) negated Gizelle's feelings about feeling uncomfortable. Gizelle's problem was she wanted Chris (and Candiace) to be punished for Gizelle's feelings and when Candiace would not take responsibility for how Gizelle felt, Candiace had to go.

Ashley helped plan the scheme because she doesn't like Candiace and wanted to dirty Candiace's husband up the way she felt Candiace dirtied her husband up.

The problem with that is Michael was dirty and grimy long before Candiace joined the cast.

Robyn went along with the scheme because she was angry her good friend Candiace wouldn't join her in bullying Wendy out of the group.

I just saw a Tik Toker point out Robyn & Gizelle's faces cracked when Candiace revealed Robyn had been talking smack about Gizelle to bloggers. The Tik Toker said if Robyn had been talking smack about Gizelle to bloggers, she was probably talking smack about Gizelle to Candiace.

We know from the seating arrangement Gizelle lost a little bit of power. She's always said she and Robyn were a package deal.  If it is true Robyn got the boot, Gizelle might not have fought that hard for Robyn's flute for next season, knowing she was talking smack about her to bloggers.

I don't believe Gizelle and Robyn one bit when they claimed Robyn told Gizelle she had been talking smack about her to bloggers.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1