Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E08: All The Dark

• Start Topic

03/27/2024 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Wednesday) : A hazmat call at a dialysis center leads to a shocking discovery. Boden clashes with Paramedic Chief Robinson. Carver notices a concerning change in Gibson's behavior.

I have to say I love when Boden goes papa bear mode to protect his people. So Gibson is gone already, I was hoping he would stick around. Him as a drug addict kind of came out of nowhere. I guess that's how Kylie returns. 

• Like 4

Some scenes in tonight's episode were just... awkward. Anyone else think so or was it just me? Stella and Severide were fine when talking in his office, but their apartment scene seemed a little off.  Also, Taylor's arm was not in the same place between the two camera angles and stuff like that bothers me. Otherwise, it was nice to hear that the writers remembered that Kelly was addicted once too, and brought it back up. They are good at forgetting the show's history. 

Weird that Gibson is gone already. I thought that he was a new season regular. His exit story just came out of nowhere, too. 

Anyone else think that Boden will be promoted against his wishes?

And at least next week they'll fight a fire again! The hazmat calls are boring. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Weird that Gibson is gone already. I thought that he was a new season regular. His exit story just came out of nowhere, too. 

That was strange. His backstory had been that he was a boxer who accidentally killed someone in the ring. So that lead to  . . . getting addicted to benzos and amphetamines? WTF? I don't see the correlation. 

I'm also not clear on why or how the charges against 51 were dropped. The current district chief seemed pretty hostile towards Boden when he made his accusation and Chief Robinson clearly isn't the one who dropped the charges so I figured maybe it was Lennox who dropped the charges, but they never said so. 

Also, Chief Robinson is such a cartoon it's ridiculous. Turning up at Boden's office to threaten him some more? Give me a freaking break with this shit. She might as well have cackled "I'll get you my pretty, and you're little fire station too!" If she is this obviously evil how the hell did she ever make paramedic chief? Did she kill the last one?

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 3
59 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I'm also not clear on why or how the charges against 51 were dropped. The current district chief seemed pretty hostile towards Boden when he made his accusation and Chief Robinson clearly isn't the one who dropped the charges so I figured maybe it was Lennox who dropped the charges, but they never said so. 

Also, Chief Robinson is such a cartoon it's ridiculous. Turning up at Boden's office to threaten him some more? Give me a freaking break with this shit. She might as well have cackled "I'll get you my pretty, and you're little fire station too!" If she is this obviously evil how the hell did she ever make paramedic chief? Did she kill the last one?

The current outgoing Chief dismissed the charges. After Boden cornered her, Robinson said that she asked for the complaints to be expedited so that she could read them for herself. Once she saw what the complaints were really about, she dismissed them by saying these things are what she likes about Boden. Robinson's ridiculous threat was that once the current Chief and the interim Chief are gone, there will be no one left to protect Boden. That's why I think he'll be promoted anyway?

And, well, she didn't kill him, but the last paramedic Chief did die... Hawkins. 

• Like 1

Someone should get Chief Robinson a Peacock subscription so she can review old episodes to what happens when someone goes up against Boden and 51. ‘Cus this is not going to end well for her. 

If I were Herman, I’d be pissed about that prank. Glitter is the herpes of arts and crafts supplies. It’s never going to be all gone. 

• Like 5
44 minutes ago, ajsnaves said:

If I were Herman, I’d be pissed about that prank. Glitter is the herpes of arts and crafts supplies. It’s never going to be all gone. 

Isn't he the one that wanted to do that to the ambulance?? Could you imagine... He kind of deserved it just for the thought alone. But maybe it's time for a new car. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Isn't he the one that wanted to do that to the ambulance?? Could you imagine... He kind of deserved it just for the thought alone. But maybe it's time for a new car. 

Yes, he was. And as they were discussing it, I was really hoping somebody would point out that while glitter bombing the new guy would be quite satisfying they would also be catching Violet with it at the same time and she doesn’t deserve that.

• Like 1

Notwithstanding the fact that the complaints against Boden had some validity, or at least would in the real world, the paramedic chief is right.  Boden is overprotective of his station, to the point that eventually something will go wrong and all the growling in the world won't stop the upper management (or the media) from looking into the operations.  

Maybe it's just me, but my first reaction to the hazardous gas coming out of the storeroom would be to block up that door with a towel while all the patients were evacuating.   

I wonder if Chicago Med has dedicated parking for a 40' vehicle so that the truck crew can go inside and check on their friend.

I would think that CFD would have some kind of Employee Assistance Program where Gibson could get referred to treatment without prejudice and eventually return to 51.

The medical aid at the biker bar had some realism to it.  Those bikers, as we learned from "Mayans MC" are very particular about their kuttes. 

On 3/28/2024 at 4:35 PM, Dowel Jones said:

Notwithstanding the fact that the complaints against Boden had some validity, or at least would in the real world, the paramedic chief is right.  Boden is overprotective of his station, to the point that eventually something will go wrong and all the growling in the world won't stop the upper management (or the media) from looking into the operations.  

I can't think of a situation where Boden protected 51 even when they were in the wrong. Because 51 is never in the wrong. It's always the corrupt higher-ups that are in the wrong and are coming after 51 for personal reasons and vendettas. 

I do think Violet was a little too bossy with Lennox on Day 1 of being PIC and his Day 1 working there. But for him to file 2 complaints against them after one shift then expect to go back and be treated OK is completely delusional.

• Like 1
On 3/28/2024 at 5:35 PM, Dowel Jones said:

Maybe I wasn't paying attention enough, but I don't understand what the complaint against Severide was about?  He told a fire victim that she could come back to the house and they'd help her?  They do that daily.  Plus people just show up on their own looking for help as well.  If that's all against the rules, then they should get a complaint filed every single episode.

• Like 1