Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Lose Yourself

• Start Topic

vs_39350.jpg

Del, Kat, and Alice learn how events of the past have shaped their family’s present. Alice learns a secret that affects her relationship with Elliot.

Premiere Date: March 17, 2024      Hallmark   9pm  

vs_39344.jpg

thewayhome-ep8-5036-rt.jpg

I can't believe Kat left Jacob in 1814 after finally finding him. I know she was hurt, but she didn't even ask him to come back with her? I guess that was a plot device.

So did Alice change things, or did Kat forget she saw Alice at the party that night? Maybe cause she hit her head, but it seems like she remembers the other stuff.

Maybe I am old, but I feel like Kat and Elliot and everyone were too old in 2007 for throwing a party like that in someone else's house. Also, I feel super old, because they pointed out Facebook has been around longer than Alice.

I really hope we get to see Kat and Elliot try and explain to Nick the deal with the time traveling pond.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

So did Alice change things, or did Kat forget she saw Alice at the party that night? Maybe cause she hit her head, but it seems like she remembers the other stuff.

That would be my guess. Looked like a pretty serious head injury, not to mention Kat is face down in the pool at the end, so also starting to drown. I don’t think Alice is changing anything, it seems like everything is still going as it did before.

When was Alice born? 2007 is getting pretty close to that, I would think.

Oh, Elliott, you know the obvious answer to Nick’s question can be a bald-face lie where you say you were writing a time travel story, right? 

I wish we’d gotten to hear Kat’s answer to Jacob asking why she didn’t come find him til now. Duh, it took them 20 years to figure out where he went.

6 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I can't believe Kat left Jacob in 1814 after finally finding him. I know she was hurt, but she didn't even ask him to come back with her? I guess that was a plot device.

Maybe I am old, but I feel like Kat and Elliot and everyone were too old in 2007 for throwing a party like that in someone else's house. Also, I feel super old, because they pointed out Facebook has been around loit'sice.

I really hope we get to see Kat and Elliot try and explain to Nick the deal with the time traveling pond.

Yes, that was weird. When Kate or Elliott (said first?) that it's been 8 years. I said they're young adults in their 20s now. Why are they still acting like high school freshmen?  That party didn't scream adult party. Kat & Elliott were still acting like puppy love teenagers. Brady was still attending law school at this point.  The writer's need to make up their minds. Alice cannot keep going back and forth to  "Del" and  "Grandma." It must be one or the other.  

• Like 1

What do they keep apologizing to Alice for at the party? Almost running away? That's the big secret?

Elliott really is everyones doormat. 

The casting of Jacob was really well done. He and Kat look related. 

• Like 1

Well, the party was shared publicly on Facebook. So it became an out of control high school rager because that’s who showed up. Remember, Elliot, Kat, et al didn’t know any of those other people.

8 hours ago, Artsda said:

What do they keep apologizing to Alice for at the party? Almost running away? That's the big secret?

I think it's a combination of making the decision to potentially turn her existence in to a paradox, fighting with Brady, and Kat getting seriously injured due to his choices.

I'  struggling a bit with the younger set cast, at least for the guys.  I realize that they chose young male actors who had a more juvenile look in order to make them moderately convincing 16 year old in Season 1.  But guys builds and faces generally change A LOT between 17 and 25.  Alice was right, the sad excuse for facial hair does not make for much change. Teen Nick is a little more ambiguous.  But he still has a serious baby face for a supposed 24 year old. 

Speaking of Nick, as much as I didn't like adult Nick seemingly shook up by hearing Alice sing, I was surprised it was almost worse to watch 24 year old Nick go all moony and obsessive and chasing her like Heathcliff to Kathy's ghost about the girl he dated during one summer and then a NYE party and then saw maybe three times over the next year. 

Hey Show, STOP TRYING TO MAKE NICK & ALICE HAPPEN!

Good Lord, I didn't realize how much I didn't care about Kat & Elliot as a ship until this episode. I'm not mad at it. I'm unmoved by it.  And I care even less about Nick learning about The Time Pond. Just let him go marry his "Care-Bear." (🤢

Finally, the whole Jacob story is reaching a point that I don't care because there has been so little movement I don't believe any resolution in possible this season unless it is egregiously rushed. And I don't really want to watch this glacially paced story line into a possible upcoming third season.

• Like 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, Artsda said:

I think from Kat's perspective it is the fact that she almost left Brady and Alice wouldn't have been born. She doesn't actually have to apologize for having doubts about marrying Brady, but I can see how Alice would be upset about it.

From Elliot's perspective it is essentially saying he doesn't care if she is never born and getting into a fight with Brady that resulted in Kat having an injury. 

11 hours ago, DMK said:

Well, the party was shared publicly on Facebook. So it became an out of control high school rager because that’s who showed up. Remember, Elliot, Kat, et al didn’t know any of those other people.

Yes, but whats-her-name sharing it publicly on Facebook seems hard to believe. I didn't even think she and Kat were such good friends back then. Plus, they could have been more forceful about not letting the people they didn't know in.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Like 2

I'm having trouble with the Lingermore party story.  First of all, they are all 24-25.  Monica said she was "24 and bored."  At 24-25, they should have known better than to have a rager at someone else's property.  It just doesn't make sense that they would be that immature.  Plus, if Kat was 24-25 in 2007 she has to be pregnant at the party or in the next few days for this timeline to make sense.  They had the Y2K party in high school, so it would make more sense if all this happened in 2002 or 3, but 2007 seems to be stretching it a bit.

GASP:  Unless she WAS pregnant at the party and lost Alice's big sister/brother and/or nearly lost Alice.  Then maybe there are some apologies to be made, but still seems off.

And running away to London for a "prestigious journalism" course or program or whatever is a little far-fetched too.  Especially since she can barely run a small-town newspaper.  Even if she had to hare off go get Jacob, whipping out that paper should have been a breeze for someone of her caliber, and then she could skip off to another century.  

1 hour ago, bunnyface said:

I'm having trouble with the Lingermore party story.  First of all, they are all 24-25.  Monica said she was "24 and bored."  At 24-25, they should have known better than to have a rager at someone else's property.  It just doesn't make sense that they would be that immature.  Plus, if Kat was 24-25 in 2007 she has to be pregnant at the party or in the next few days for this timeline to make sense.  They had the Y2K party in high school, so it would make more sense if all this happened in 2002 or 3, but 2007 seems to be stretching it a bit.

GASP:  Unless she WAS pregnant at the party and lost Alice's big sister/brother and/or nearly lost Alice.  Then maybe there are some apologies to be made, but still seems off.

And running away to London for a "prestigious journalism" course or program or whatever is a little far-fetched too.  Especially since she can barely run a small-town newspaper.  Even if she had to hare off go get Jacob, whipping out that paper should have been a breeze for someone of her caliber, and then she could skip off to another century.  

Well, I guess she didn't go to London and never got that prestigious course and her career stalled in Minneapolis. And now she is stuck running a small town paper.

Del said after the party she and Kat didn't talk for 17 years. Alice was 16 when the show started, right? So, yeah, she must either be pregnant and not know it or be about to get pregnant. Maybe she finds out in the hospital after hitting her head and decides to marry Brady after all.

Although I think the years are off, because 2007 to 2023 (when the show premiered) is 16 years. 17 years would be 2007 to today.

1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

Although I think the years are off, because 2007 to 2023 (when the show premiered) is 16 years. 17 years would be 2007 to today.

There was a seven or eight month gap between seasons 1 and 2. So 17 is about right. 

20 hours ago, DMK said:

There was a seven or eight month gap between seasons 1 and 2. So 17 is about right. 

17 years is right if you are talking about how many years it was. But Del said 17 years was how long she and Kat didn't speak. But they obviously were speaking for all of season 1, so that should have been 16.