Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: On The Go

• Start Topic

The chefs are tasked with preparing a next-level international street food dish. But there's a twist: to mimic the "grab-and-go" feel of street food, the platform never stops moving throughout the challenge in the all-new "On the Go" episode of Next Level Chef airing Thursday, March 7 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

She seemed so confident making those absolutely basic wings, right down to the celery and carrots with blue cheese dressing. Gotta try something.

Gordon with the fakeouts "Isaiah, it's not you".  I thought that was a Hell's Kitchen thing. lol

Is this already the second time this season where the worst overall dish was saved by the top dish?  Of the remaining chefs, I think the correct two went up for elimination based on everything but I could have seen Von go up instead of Alexandra.  You don't see much "street" food where you need to use a fork.

Why is it that whenever these shows have a “street food” competition, tacos are always the go-to? Or food truck foods? I suppose because Indian street food is so simple and easy to make (it’s the chutneys that take time to make), it’s never an option.

I can't stand Lauren.  I can't stand her voice, I can't stand her "aw shucks ahm just a home cook and ahm gonna do what ahm gonna do".  I feel so cheated because I feel like she had about 1/3 of the confessionals so I was sure she was going to go home.  And then her disgusting sounding savory churro was saved by stupid Zack.  I was surprised none of the mentors commented that her protein (sausage) was supposed to be the star and she treated it like a garnish for her disgusting churro.  I really hope she goes home next.

I thought the moving platform was a good twist, but it benefitted the people in the basement the most because it had to pause at the bottom before going back up.  The basement people didn't get two swipes in a run, they just got one double length swipe, which seemed easier to deal with.

Alexandra was the right choice to go to elimination and she was the right choice to go home.  They said they wanted next level wings and she did about as basic and ordinary a wing as you can get.

Still not liking Jordan and I dislike how his "let's go baaaabeee" seems to have permeated to others, including Nyesha.  Ugh.

I wish the editors would do a better job and not telegraph the elimination so easily.  It was obvious that Jordan got lots of confessionals during the cookoff, and it was obvious he was making these comments after the fact and walking the viewer through his thought process.  He seemed far too composed and calm.  Meanwhile, I think Alexandra only got one confessional which was clearly taped before the cookoff because all she said was she understands why she is in the elimination.  Then after she gets cut we get a confessional from her taped after the cut and she's clearly on the verge of tears, so that's why we didn't get any talking about her cooking process shown as she was doing it.

• Like 2
On 3/7/2024 at 10:27 PM, Tango64 said:

She seemed so confident making those absolutely basic wings, right down to the celery and carrots with blue cheese dressing. Gotta try something.

I'm guessing Jordan may have tipped off what he was going to make: she knew it would be risky, and went super-basic hoping he'd fall on his face and she'd win by default. Notice how she took zero risks with either her food choice or plating. But when the judges liked the taste of his wings (which looked gross), she was stuck with something very ordinary.

• Like 1
On 3/13/2024 at 9:32 PM, Lukeysboat said:

The wings were unctuous? That’s *not* a good thing, Nyesha, no matter what Aaron Sanchez says. 

I had to look up unctuous.  I had no idea this word even existed.  So was Aaron saying the wings were not oily?  What a weird and obscure word to use.  Unless I got it wrong.

This season is turning out to be my favorite but don't like the feeling that Jordan is the shoe-in winner.  For some reason, Gordon seems to like him. Go figure.

I am glad the guy with all the hair (I really need to pay attention to their names if I am going to keep watching) finally got best dish.  He deserved it.

12 hours ago, gaPeach said:

So was Aaron saying the wings were not oily?  What a weird and obscure 

don't like the feeling that Jordan is the shoe-in winner.  For some reason, Gordon seems to like him.

I am glad the guy with all the hair (I really need to pay attention to their names if I am going to keep watching) finally got best dish.  He deserved it.

Aaron is not the brightest chef out there,  He uses a lot of words wrong.  Just ignore him.  :)

Gordon does seem to be giving Jordan a lot of attention and I don't understand why.  Personally, I would have sent him packing last week for wearing those ripped jeans.  

Zach (?) is one of my favorites too but I don't understand his hair.  He's a white guy with dreadlocks long enough to coil?  I keep wondering if that's really his hair or a fake coil he wears to identify wih his island background.  It seems like it would be uncomfortably heavy if it's real hair.

• Like 1
On 3/15/2024 at 11:58 AM, gaPeach said:

had to look up unctuous.  I had no idea this word even existed.  So was Aaron saying the wings were not oily?  What a weird and obscure word to use.  Unless I got it wrong.

Aaron isn’t on this show, but he has incorrectly used “unctuous” on Masterchef and Chopped. It drives me nuts. 

Nyesha saying the wings were unctuous really meant she thought they were oily or fatty. I don’t think that’s what she intended to say. 
IMG_5657.thumb.jpeg.b8daa8091f3da037114e6263d8bbf7ef.jpeg

• Like 2
On 3/16/2024 at 12:44 AM, mlp said:

Gordon does seem to be giving Jordan a lot of attention and I don't understand why.  Personally, I would have sent him packing last week for wearing those ripped jeans

Hahaha!  That is exactly what my boyfriend said.  He hates ripped anything.

• Like 1