Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E05 Lake It or Break It

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, ZettaK said:

It seems to me that Brock enjoys taking care of his daughter, and she looks happy to interact with him, and see him on FaceTime for example. Scheana's mother is at his house constantly, and he is tired of it. 

Is she there when they are there too (and if so, was I supposed to know that)? I mean, I get it if she is always underfoot or something and eating up all their food, because who wants that? But -- and I could be wrong (as I don't care that much) -- it seems like what they're arguing about is Scheana not being able to hire a non-family member to babysit. 

• Like 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Is she there when they are there too (and if so, was I supposed to know that)? I mean, I get it if she is always underfoot or something and eating up all their food, because who wants that? But -- and I could be wrong (as I don't care that much) -- it seems like what they're arguing about is Scheana not being able to hire a non-family member to babysit. 

I got the feeling Brick wasn’t 💯 on board with Sheena’s mom’s parenting style. In the store he mentioned something about her mom making Sheena feel like she’s not doing a good job as a mom which was triggering her OCD issues. It seemed like there might be some family dynamics at play Brock would like a little distance from. 

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Like 9

Haha, well, if there's one thing he's good at, it's distancing himself from family dynamics... 

Just kidding! I don't know the full story and he seems like he's being a good, present dad to Summer. As far as being understanding about OCD though, looks like he needs some pointers.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
On 2/28/2024 at 7:37 AM, Gharlane said:

That whole story about Rachel giving the dog to someone else, the new owner leaving it at a dog pound, and Lisa Vanderbucks just happening to be offered the dog is very suspicious to me.🤔

Not to me. She is famous. I volunteer at a rescue and knew a dog that came to is was on her show, I'd be trying to contact her. Especially one with biting issues.

• Like 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, Lassus said:

🧐

Let's not say things we'll regret when the coke wears off.  😀

Well, a more legitimate source than Reality Blurb, for example!

Edited by ZettaK
  • LOL 1

It's too hard to suspend disbelief for this show.  I am struggling to recall this "FIFTY YEARS of being the absolute ride or die best friends with Tom Sandoval" theme that Scheana keeps throwing out every other minute.  What??  You mean, he's been your co-worker and best friend's boyfriend, right?  Because that is correct.  But I don't think anyone has ever seen anything separate from that to indicate this lay down your life friendship with him that she is suddenly intent on portraying.  It's highly annoying. 

If this were real life and she was doing this to her true best friend, Ariana, then Ariana should and would immediately dump her. 

Also, what is up with Scheana's mouth?  Is it just because she is so skinny that her mouth looks disproportionately huge these days? She's doing this thing where she's pulling down her lower lip to expose her bottom teeth.  I don't remember her doing all these mouth gymnastics in the past. 

She's also going to be apparently looking for her third husband in the very near future.

Yeah, I guess I'm over it all.  And from my above post, just way too much Scheana.    

• Like 4
15 hours ago, Vivigirl10 said:

It's too hard to suspend disbelief for this show.  I am struggling to recall this "FIFTY YEARS of being the absolute ride or die best friends with Tom Sandoval" theme that Scheana keeps throwing out every other minute.  What??  You mean, he's been your co-worker and best friend's boyfriend, right?  Because that is correct.  But I don't think anyone has ever seen anything separate from that to indicate this lay down your life friendship with him that she is suddenly intent on portraying.  It's highly annoying. 

If this were real life and she was doing this to her true best friend, Ariana, then Ariana should and would immediately dump her. 

Also, what is up with Scheana's mouth?  Is it just because she is so skinny that her mouth looks disproportionately huge these days? She's doing this thing where she's pulling down her lower lip to expose her bottom teeth.  I don't remember her doing all these mouth gymnastics in the past. 

She's also going to be apparently looking for her third husband in the very near future.

Yeah, I guess I'm over it all.  And from my above post, just way too much Scheana.    

Scheana lost a lot of weight (eg. shown in a bikini). She was accused of injecting Ozempic, she denied it, but she has the Ozempic face. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Scheana lost a lot of weight (eg. shown in a bikini). She was accused of injecting Ozempic, she denied it, but she has the Ozempic face. 

I noticed she (or Brock) didn't appreciate their friend's comment while playing doctor with her daughter.  🤔

• Like 2
On 3/1/2024 at 9:27 AM, Vivigirl10 said:

I agree that I’m having a hard time buying that Tom and Sheena are so close. But I did feel like Arianna dumped Sheena as a friend once she went official with Tom and became a main cast member. It wasn’t a falling out exactly but they didn’t seem that close. I would forget at times that Arianna came on the show as Sheena’s friend. After she got with Tom it felt like he was pretty much her focus. Maybe Sheena and Tom did become close if hanging out with Arianna always meant Tom too? Or maybe Sheena is full of shit? 

• Like 4

OK, so, I heard/read something mentioned that Scheana, due to OCD* issues, has a hard time caring for Summer without her mom's help, which would indicate that Scheana's mom is at their place a lot. Someone(s) here mentioned that might be the case, but all I'd heard/noticed on the show itself was that Scheana had a hard time using anyone other than her mom as a babysitter. So, Brock's ire does make more sense to me now (but I still think he could be -- or at least act like -- he is more patient about this issue Scheana's dealing with).

• Like 2
On 2/27/2024 at 6:57 PM, Emmeline said:

It looks like trouble in paradise for Brock and Sheana.  It seems as though Brock cares for Summer the majority of the time.  

I don't watch this shit show religiously, so my apologies if this question has been asked before. But what exactly does Brock do for a living/income contributor? 

(edited)
3 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

I don't watch this shit show religiously, so my apologies if this question has been asked before. But what exactly does Brock do for a living/income contributor? 

He used to be a trainer, and he was seen filming a training video (to sell) on the show.

On 3/2/2024 at 3:23 PM, FozzyBear said:

I agree that I’m having a hard time buying that Tom and Sheena are so close. But I did feel like Arianna dumped Sheena as a friend once she went official with Tom and became a main cast member. It wasn’t a falling out exactly but they didn’t seem that close. I would forget at times that Arianna came on the show as Sheena’s friend. After she got with Tom it felt like he was pretty much her focus. Maybe Sheena and Tom did become close if hanging out with Arianna always meant Tom too? Or maybe Sheena is full of shit? 

According to the previews she will mention that Sandoval helped her financially with a decent amount of money when she needed it. She also said in the past that Sandoval always supported her and included her when the other women isolated her and attacked her (during Stassi's reign).

Edited by ZettaK
(edited)
On 3/4/2024 at 10:33 AM, TattleTeeny said:

OK, so, I heard/read something mentioned that Scheana, due to OCD* issues, has a hard time caring for Summer without her mom's help, which would indicate that Scheana's mom is at their place a lot. Someone(s) here mentioned that might be the case, but all I'd heard/noticed on the show itself was that Scheana had a hard time using anyone other than her mom as a babysitter. So, Brock's ire does make more sense to me now (but I still think he could be -- or at least act like -- he is more patient about this issue Scheana's dealing with).

Oh my goodness, I am quoting myself like a loon because I used the asterisk, but forgot to type my footnote! It's not that important, but I wanted to throw in that I'm guessing that part of Scheana's diagnosis is harm OCD, which may be what's causing her to think she shouldn't care for Summer alone. Harm OCD is a real bitch to live with. It's terrible.

And I am also guessing that Scheana knows in a logical, commonsense way that she is perfectly capable of caring for Summer--she probably does it frequently, without even giving it a second thought. But when that second thought (and third and 654th...) does show up, there's the trouble. logic and common sense don't always win--that's part of it, your brain tells you that those things may not be real (and then the "what if" part starts). Again, I am speculating about how it feels for her, but not as a total bystander.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 1
(edited)
On 2/27/2024 at 8:57 PM, Emmeline said:

It looks like trouble in paradise for Brock and Sheana.  It seems as though Brock cares for Summer the majority of the time.  

Also seems like he is resentful that Scheana will only let her mother care for Summer when they are away. These two are headed for trouble if they don't resolve this issue. 

Why did Raquel go back to being called Rachel? Did I miss something? 

On 2/28/2024 at 12:33 AM, dancingdreamer said:

I still don't  like Brock, and that speedo was way too small. I was very careful  who I let babysit  my children.  I had no family near me, and today I hear more things about babysitters  that are weird. I think Scheana's  mum is a perfect  sitter for when they go out of town.

It wasn't a good exchange between them, but Scheana can also be controlling and critical. She wasn't very nice to him in a later discussion about the pink clothes. I get it. He screwed up the laundry, but talking to him like that won't serve her well. She sounded like his mother, and men don't like that. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 4
(edited)
On 2/27/2024 at 11:43 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

What is something that you like about Sandoval?

LVP s- - -s.

I can't imagine having a giant picture of myself on the wall, even if my husband was also in the picture. 

On 2/28/2024 at 4:33 AM, snarts said:

Scheana pinching a tiny amount of skin on her stomach and declaring she needed a one piece bathing suit was just sad. ...so was Brock's acting.

I was surprised at this. She looks really skinny to me. As you said, it looked like skin, not fat. 

The problem with this show is it was built around them working at one of Lisa's restaurants, yet most of them don't work there anymore. So the interactions seem artificial and strictly for TV. 

I guess this isn't unlike the HW shows, but somehow on here, it's more glaring to me. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 3
12 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I forgot the exact reason, but she called herself "Raquel" because it was fancier-sounding than "Rachel".

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

The problem with this show is it was built around them working at one of Lisa's restaurants, yet most of them don't work there anymore. So the interactions seem artificial and strictly for TV. 

I guess this isn't unlike the HW shows, but somehow on here, it's more glaring to me. 

That's what I think too!  IMO it's because this show was more fun because they were real friends; now they have passed that time of their lives and most wouldn't be friends anymore and we can tell.

• Like 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

There might be an official reason I haven't seen, but my first thought was that it was a way of her taking back control of the name that belongs to her. Personally I was in the camp that calling her Rachel as a dis was an asshole move, and think it's kind of awesome if she was like, "Oh yeah, you think you're clever calling me by my birth name? Suck on it."

But that's JMO/hope :)

Edited by Judi Sunshine
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Also seems like he is resentful that Scheana will only let her mother care for Summer when they are away. These two are headed for trouble if they don't resolve this issue. 

It wasn't a good exchange between them, but Scheana can also be controlling and critical. She wasn't very nice to him in a later discussion about the pink clothes. I get it. He screwed up the laundry, but talking to him like that won't serve her well. She sounded like his mother, and men don't like that. 

She sounded like that with her first husband as well.

She always has, but now especially, fancies herself WAY more important and “famous”’than she actually is. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1