Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Chapter 8: Vanishing

• Start Topic

dfV5Zt6ofIgQ7tihD4sZBlHf2Cj.jpg

Blackout. Three dead bodies. Everyone’s terrified. The secrets unravel like Christmas presents. And Imogene confronts her mother’s killer.

Premiere Date: February 27, 2024     Hulu  

Two Episode Season Finale: March 5, 2024     

That was so packed, which makes sense considering the previous episode.

I like the story so far.

So.. could Imogene be a true Collier? Maybe the blonde hair is a clue?

Why I have this feeling, since episode 2, that Victor Sams is 

Spoiler

the greatest detective in the world?

• Like 2

Yeah, I think Imogene probably is.  I'll admit I didn't see that coming.

I feel like this is going to be one of those Murder on the Orient Express endings where everyone is Victor Sams.  Everyone left alive killed one of the victims for some random reason.

• Like 1

I'm still watching for Mandy Patinkin.
One line spoken by Rufus Cotesworth in this episode made me willing to watch the next:

• You never wanted justice for what happened to your mom.
    You wanted her back.

More about Imogene's hair:
This week I noticed Linda Emond as Agent Hilde Eriksen has the same wig, but without the bangs.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

This episode did not capture my attention at all.  OK, the creepy lawyer is Anna's father.  So what?  I really don't see how that has anything to do with any of the murders or the investigation.

OK, so Celia Chun was bought off by the Colliers with $25,000.  And built a business empire to match theirs.  eh, I guess I'll have to buy that.  But are we to assume Llewellyn didn't remember Celia as one of the original people paid off? 

Mr. Collier has dementia, therefore can't be Victor Sams.  OK.  But why did he think Imogene was her mom?  They look nothing alike, so how was he mistaking Imogene for the mom, even in a demented state? That was weird.  With him having dementia and Mrs. Collier dead, does it really matter whether or not Imogene is really his daughter? 

Has the original murder been solved?  Did Mr. Collier kill (or order to be killed) Imogene's mom?  Or is there still doubt on that? 

I hate to say, I really don't care about any of this.  Yeah, I'll watch the last two episodes, but to be honest, if they were pulled off Hulu today and we were left hanging, it really wouldn't matter to me.  I had high hopes for this show, but I'm rather meh on it at this point.  I think they're trying way too hard to be edgy and cool, and sacrificing plot for style.  Maybe they can win me back in Eps 9 and 10.  Not holding my breath, though.

• Like 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I'm still watching for Mandy Patinkin.
One line spoken by Rufus Cotesworth in this episode made me willing to watch the next:

• You never wanted justice for what happened to your mom.
    You wanted her back.

More about Imogene's hair:
This week I noticed Linda Emond as Agent Hilde Eriksen has the same wig, but without the bangs.

I caught the line too, and I have read that theory elsewhere online.

With each passing episode, Anna is becoming more unbearable and more self absorbed. I realize a lot of things are coming at her quickly, but she had a line to Imogene about "You just wanted to find out who killed your mom". Uh, yeah

Edited by RunningMarket
  • Useful 1