Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Silence Speaks Volumes

• Start Topic

(edited)

As their dreamy vacation comes to an end, the couples have heart-to-hearts before returning to Charlotte and entering a new phase in their relationships.

Edited by Empress1

So I will give Jimmy credit...he did say the right things to address Chelsea's concerns at the end of that fight. I still am dubious as to their longterm potential, but he seemed less trapped-animal than previously. Maybe it was because he actually got to have fun. 

Maybe it was because they finally got to have s-e-x.

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but this might be the most harmonious all the couples have ever been at the end of the "honeymoon".  Usually, there's one or two that are already fighting but this season, everyone who acted out of pocket apologized and while I still think several couples have issues and hopefully pull the plug before the wedding, everyone does seem to be getting along at the moment.  It was a weirdly drama free episode for the post-pods phase of the show.

Aside from the “identifying as a white woman/Black man” thing (y’all just are those things), I think Brittany handled the race topic very well. She didn’t shy away from it and asked what he needed to feel secure.

When a man tells you he’s afraid he’ll hurt you, let you down, whatever, he is going to hurt you/let you down. When someone tries to warn you away from them, you should ALWAYS listen. Clay’s not ready. 

• Like 9
11 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Aside from the “identifying as a white woman/Black man” thing (y’all just are those things), I think Brittany handled the race topic very well. She didn’t shy away from it and asked what he needed to feel secure.

OMG, yes!  My husband and I laughed every time she said that.  

• Like 1

he does use condoms - he just didn't think they were enough

(and as i posted in the ep 8 thread - condoms are lower success than other methods and she made it clear abortion wasn't an option with her "but if it happens after a year together, thats all good")

• Useful 1
On 2/23/2024 at 6:47 AM, catherinejane said:

he does use condoms - he just didn't think they were enough

I sort of thought maybe I heard a reference to that, but I'm not sure...when did either of them say that he uses condoms but that he doesn't think they were enough? Also, when she talked about not wanting to use hormones because her body is stable right now (or whatever she actually said), I wondered if that was a veiled reference to not wanting to gain weight. Plus, there are other non-hormonal options, like an IUD or the female condom.

Regardless, if he is already using condoms, and they don't think that's enough, and there are no other options for him, and the inability to have sex is getting in the way of developing their relationship, then there are only two options: break up or have her find some additional form of birth control. They need to bottom-line this situation and stop vaguely dancing around it.

1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

I sort of thought maybe I heard a reference to that, but I'm not sure

You might have

Spoiler

if you watched the next episode.  There's a reference to using protection in that ep.

He gave her the silent treatment & slept on the couch & knew it was wrong & did it anyway.... WHYYYY?!!! THAT MAKES NO SENSE!!!! HELLA DISTURBING!!!! For someone to intentionally do the wrong thing.... FOR WHAT?!!! Sabotage???

Uh ohhh. Ken was so distracted by his phone he didn't answer Brit's question?!!! OH HELL NAW!!! She let him not answer?!! DOUBLE HELL NAW!!! 🤣🤣