Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: The Hunger Games of Love

• Start Topic

I think it's hilarious at the very beginning of E1 that Matthew said that he was not there to be a C-list celebrity but then he tells AD that America is going to root for him. WTF, dude? I don't think so!

Also,  Johnny and Amy make such a cute couple and I hope they go the distance but I've watched this show long enough to know that their extended conversation about not wanting to change each other is probably foreshadowing about what's going to happen in the real world.

• Like 5

Jeramey (that spelling is killing me) and his Henley shirts made me laugh. I like Henley shirts on men.

I literally said “DRAG HIM” when AD immediately called Matthew on his shit when they got into the pod. She looked great in the pink crop top and black jeans. Body was - odying.

I can’t lie: Clay being like “who’s Matthew - wait, THAT dude?” had me rolling.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 2/16/2024 at 2:35 PM, HerkyJerky said:

I think it's hilarious at the very beginning of E1 that Matthew said that he was not there to be a C-list celebrity but then he tells AD that America is going to root for him. WTF, dude? I don't think so!

Matthew just got weirder and weirder as it went along.  The whole "America is rooting for me", followed by him leaving and saying he's going to go look for Amber.  WTF?  I find it so odd that we didn't see any of their interactions in the pods.  I've seen some speculation that the two of them were plants and there's part of me that kinda believes that because why not show some of their dates?  

Sidenote: How has Netflix not figured out by now that every time a new season is released, they should sell those golden goblets and some Love is Blind themed wines?  It would be so easy!  $15-$20 for two glasses or tumblers, plus $15-$20 for the wine.  Make a deal with Target, put it on a kiosk, and boom, easy money.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 2/17/2024 at 8:30 PM, Snapdragon said:

Sidenote: How has Netflix not figured out by now that every time a new season is released, they should sell those golden goblets and some Love is Blind themed wines?  It would be so easy!  $15-$20 for two glasses or tumblers, plus $15-$20 for the wine.  Make a deal with Target, put it on a kiosk, and boom, easy money.

Love Island does this with their water bottles and neon signs, so there’s got to be some money in it. 

Back to the actual show, I am still having trouble remembering names and characteristics. 

• Like 1

Cringiest moment for me. Chelsea asking Jimmy if he's ever mistaken for a celebrity so she can drop her delusion that she thinks she looks like Megan Fox! I had to rewind that scene to watch it and laugh again.

Matthew and Amber had to be production plants, right? But to what end? I think they might show up again later. 

• Like 7
On 2/23/2024 at 12:04 PM, Merriwind said:

Cringiest moment for me. Chelsea asking Jimmy if he's ever mistaken for a celebrity so she can drop her delusion that she thinks she looks like Megan Fox! I had to rewind that scene to watch it and laugh again.

There's nothing wrong with the way Chelsea looks, but she just seems to be setting herself up for backlash since he's now expecting to see Megan Fox.  She should lower his expectations so that he is pleasantly surprised and not disappointed.

• Like 5
On 2/23/2024 at 9:04 AM, Merriwind said:

I thought that what made that especially ironic was that Jessica looks more like Megan Fox than does Chelsea.  You have to wonder what jimmy will think when he sees them.

• Like 4

WTF was Matt talking about America & the viewers. What was he trying to do??? Leave early & meet them instead of propose??? Geez. He seems worse than eye drops guy.

• Like 1