Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Trust Me

• Start Topic

b2849e50-8f93-49aa-b342-1c0911055b78?bas

Beth begs off work and meets her friends at Maya’s new fancy spa gig in Manhattan. She revisits her first love. Later that night, Beth and John meet for a highly anticipated date that takes a surprise turn.

Premiere Date: February 16, 2024   Hulu  

I enjoyed the first season, which I binged cozily during a recent snowfall, and looked forward to season two. The first couple of episodes seem off - choppy editing, jumping from scene to scene, labored efforts to be funny. Did they rush this season into production?

And the trope of getting married in New Orleans...more frantic jumping from location to location.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I guess no one is watching. I am through episode 6. 

I’ve finished the season and have been checking back here for comments, but I guess I don’t have anything too significant to add. 

• Like 1

I wasn't planning to start until today anyway so I'll be chiming in. 

High school Beth just keeps getting killed. It's amazing Beth turned into a reasonably functional adult. I know I saw it coming, but she doesn't want to be talked about as a slut, so then she gets nailed as a prude. And she's signing permission slips for Ann. Her hair grew back though, so that's good. 

The whole scenes in the spa cracked me up because the other friend got roped into phone sex and was so mad about it. Bringing the sandwiches was hilarious, and then Mya 

Beth should be a little quicker with John. He's not going to think a date is a date, and he brought chickens to the restaurant. Certainly, she's got to know something is up by now. Turned out cool though. New dishes from the chef. 

I’ve just started watching this season and I’m having to really push myself.  It does seem off.  Thought it was me.  I hope it improves.