Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Fall Brook

• Start Topic

(edited)

Tempers boil over, and Ray and Alan explode at each other; Frankie learns valuable intel about Osito; Jackie learns there are even more missing or murdered prostitutes.

Edited by Scarlett45

There are some good actors in this but no characters to root for or like. I don’t mind Jackie’s addiction story but she is also a lazy and arrogant detective. She’s a new detective who strolls into the station when she feels like it and is rude to her co-workers. In real life she would be accountable for her time and doing paperwork, computer searches and other duties. Can’t stand the new undercover girl.

She looks too distinctive to blend in with a drug crowd and Ray should have reported her for doing anything sexual with a criminal. Undercover cops either pose as buyers, sellers or users; having sexual relations with a target is a sure way to get the case thrown out of court. 

Not sure I believe Renee’s story: she was dying to get away from Frankie and the life and now she lies to Ray and leaves her kids with strangers to work and deal drugs at the strip club? Are we supposed to believe nothing would get back to Ray on how she was spending her days? And of course Ray is the biggest jerk of all.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Well, I watched the finale and it's interesting that Ray is now beholden to Osito because he told Ray where to find Frankie and kill him.  I don't like Ray and Renee, but at least the kids are safe from Frankie.

As far as the other characters, I got nuthin'.

Jackie seems to be doing better now but, unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if she relapsed.  

I felt sorry for Frankie's kid because not only is his father dead, but he's old enough to see the news on tv that his dad was a notorious drug dealer.   

Frankie's crazy gf is lucky to be alive because at some point I thought he was going to kill her.  Oh well, at least she got some nice clothes before he got killed, lol. 

• Like 2

I went to find Episode 8/Season and Series finale this morning. I was so surprised to find out that episode 7 was it. Talk about not with a bang but a whimper. What a let down. It isn’t even the cliffhanger so popular in these days of episodic serials. It was more of a meh, we can’t be bothered to write the easy storylines to completion and give a few hints for the futures of our main characters. 

I’d like a hint whether Jackie will fight the good fight with her alcoholism. Will Ray and Renee be stuck with each other while becoming increasingly bitter and frustrated or will they work it out? Will Osito and Charmaine get things running smoothly? Just a few hints. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I wish the writers had delved more into Jackie's mental health issues...to me it appeared by her behaviors that she was bipolar. Highs,mania, hypo sexuality and hypo mania followed by melancolia. Substance abuse baked into her DNA makes everything worse...not better when she drinks/drugs.

Ray is a hot mess...I hope this show has another season. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1