Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Welcome To The Foos Box

• Start Topic

“Welcome to the Foos Box" - Gemma and Dave are adjusting to Grover growing up and becoming a teenager, and Marty and Calvin are struggling with different management styles at work. Also, we meet one of Marty's new employees, Courtney, who might become something more, on the season six premiere of THE NEIGHBORHOOD, Monday, Feb. 12 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

Yeah that's pretty dumb. Apparently they made that storyline because the actor playing Marty had a daughter in real life and it inspired the showrunners.

• Like 1

Yeah, we did the friend/employee/slacker plot last year - and Marty fired that guy! I guess another perspective now. 

Cedrick talking snacks is always funny.

Not looking forward to the pregnancy storyline. 

• Like 2

Like Bob Hearts Abishola, is this the last season of The Neighborhood? That's the only reason I can see the pregnancy storyline working out. 

I did appreciate Gemma's little freak out about being Ma'amed. The first time, when you consider yourself still young, is kind of hard. 

• Like 1
On 2/13/2024 at 7:14 AM, EtheltoTillie said:

Accidental pregnancy plot?  For real? 

I actually booed. There's so much potential in the new business storyline and this is what they come up with? Marty already had the broken engagement; why go all soap opera on him?

• Like 2
23 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

Like Bob Hearts Abishola, is this the last season of The Neighborhood? That's the only reason I can see the pregnancy storyline working out. 

I did appreciate Gemma's little freak out about being Ma'amed. The first time, when you consider yourself still young, is kind of hard. 

Nothing's been said at this point and they haven't had to deal with radical cost cuts yet like Bob

On 2/13/2024 at 8:29 AM, Harvey said:

Yeah that's pretty dumb. Apparently they made that storyline because the actor playing Marty had a daughter in real life and it inspired the showrunners.

Ugh. Reminds me a little of when Claire Danes had a kid and decided her character on Homeland needed to be a mother, even though her character Carrie was the last person who should parent (she ended up giving custody to her sister). Marty at least will be a good dad (I assume he will be; while Gemma miscarried, I don’t think this show would go there with an abortion) but I just … don’t see the point. Even if she weren’t an employee, it’s too messy.

I’m on the older end of the millennial generation and I hate offices with games and shit (though free snacks are cool). I just want to do my job and go home, in a reasonable amount of time. I work primarily remotely so it’s not an issue, but to me, work/life balance means I have a life outside of work that I have enough time to pursue, not that I spend all my time at work playing air hockey.

• Like 7

I wasn't bothered by the pregnancy plot line.
Last season there was an arc about Marty being disappointed that his gf didn't want to have kids, right? 
And Tina and Calvin were at least as disappointed. 
Plus, it's not an already-main character played by an actor who is pregnant IRL.
This is an intentional pregnancy story arc, even if the story portrays an accidental pregnancy. 
It's a realistic part of life for characters of that age. 

They make a lot of jokes about Marty being a dweeb, but he has more of a social/romantic/sex life than his supposedly cool brother. I like that about the show. In real life, at least after high school, intelligent, respectful, employed dudes do pretty well, and Marty is not bad to look at, besides. His family treats him like a loser but he really isn't. I actually wish they'd stop doing jokes saying he is.

• Like 3
On 2/18/2024 at 3:15 PM, shapeshifter said:

I wasn't bothered by the pregnancy plot line.
Last season there was an arc about Marty being disappointed that his gf didn't want to have kids, right? 
And Tina and Calvin were at least as disappointed. 
Plus, it's not an already-main character played by an actor who is pregnant IRL.
This is an intentional pregnancy story arc, even if the story portrays an accidental pregnancy. 
It's a realistic part of life for characters of that age. 

I'm not bothered by it either. Marty was about to get married and admitted he wanted to be a dad. No parent is perfect but it's not like he's a kid. He's warm, attentive, family-oriented, and smart. 

On 2/18/2024 at 5:23 PM, possibilities said:

They make a lot of jokes about Marty being a dweeb, but he has more of a social/romantic/sex life than his supposedly cool brother. I like that about the show. In real life, at least after high school, intelligent, respectful, employed dudes do pretty well, and Marty is not bad to look at, besides. His family treats him like a loser but he really isn't. I actually wish they'd stop doing jokes saying he is.

It seems like Marty has had more serious relationships than his brother. And I can see why. There are tons of smart, quirky women who would love a guy like Marty. He's the kind of guy I'd introduce to my younger sister or niece. I don't dislike the older brother but Marty is obviously my favorite. He also has better chemistry with each of the parents. 

• Like 2