Type keyword(s) to search

Newsbending: The Avatar:TLA Media Thread

• Start Topic

While I'm not 100% sure how I found this (some sort of YouTube trawling looking into reaction videos of things, but I forget the exact chain that led me here), I recently completed watching The Watchers in the Bar (a group of friends/co-workers centered around a bar somewhere in Chicago, with all sorts of reaction video series...starting with Game of Thrones) 's reactions to both the original A:TLA and Korra.  Like practically everyone, they loved the series and universe, so they're looking forward to this live action as well.

They're prepared to watch the new series once it starts and release reaction episodes soon after, but they have reacted to both the official teaser and trailer.

(Small warning: they made a lot of jokes that could "ruin your childhood" when they reacted to the two series, and they will most likely continue to do so in future.  This group may not be for everyone.)

They also reference another YouTube reaction channel; The Normies.  They also covered both the original series and are very much looking forward to the new series

And while I'm on the subject of reactions: Michaela Jill Murphy, the voice actress for Toph, has a series of A:TLA reactions on her channel.  She's also reacted to the live action teaser (which appears to be her first reaction video)

and the trailer.

Yeah, my recommendations have been flooded with reactions to the trailer. Some of my favourites....

And I'm watching Michaela Murphy's Avatar: TLA reactions, too. I hope she does the live-action series after it comes out.

Sorry, that high-pitched sound you hear is probably me squeeing like a fangirl

More interviews than I can keep up with are coming out - Paul Sun-Hyung Lee sounds like a really cool guy, and the more I see of Ian Ousley, the more I'm convinced he's actually Sokka

• Like 3
(edited)

And here is Daniel Dae Kim telling the rest of the cast  the news: after a little bit of next level trolling!  Not sure if Ozai would be impressed or offended by him toying with their emotions like that!

Glad we are getting a proper conclusion.  And hopefully avoiding a Stranger Things situation with the younger cast.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)

Just coming here to post that! Ozai's evil clearly wore off on DDK 😄 And I think Ozai would be disappointed that he didn't manipulate them more and get them to concede their utter defeat.

Here's a fun one about their approach to bending

And about the creatures

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Like 4

Jabbar Raisani's forte for season 1 was directing/vfx. Assuming Christine Boylan is taking over the writing responsibilities of a showrunner, considering she was credited for the script of Ep 3... I don't love it.

• Useful 1

Not quite sure what to think of all this - I don't want to immediately jump on the doom and gloom bandwagon, but all these bts changes don't give me a great feeling, so... 🤷🏻‍♀️

Found an article with some additional not-promising tidbits but I have no idea if this site is remotely reliable or if this is all pure spec pulled out of thin air, so take with a barrel of salt: https://knightedgemedia.com/2024/04/christine-boylan-jabbar-raisani-showrunner-netflix-avatar-the-last-airbender-season-2-exclusive/

There’s a possibility that production will also move out of Vancouver, though not confirmed. We have also been notified that Netflix may give each subsequent season a lower episode count to increase the number of views each season receives. However, this is also not set in stone just yet.