Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast In Other Roles: Beyond the Boardwalk

Given the caliber of the Boardwalk Empire cast, it's no surprise that they have done/will do other things, such as Steve Buscemi, who has not only acted in other things such as The Sopranos, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Fargo, Ghost World, Armageddon and Monsters, Inc., he's directed feature films like Trees Lounge and several episodes of The Sopranos, including "Pine Barrens," the classic episode with Paulie and Bobby lost in the woods in the dead of winter chasing

the incredible disappearing Russian

Then there's Michael Kenneth Williams, aka Albert "Chalky" White, who has done guest roles in numerous TV shows such as L&O: SVU and Community, he's done feature films such as Snitch, the Robocop reboot and  the 2012 Oscar-winner for Best Picture 12 Years A Slave.  And then there's Omar Little, the openly gay stick-up man who IMO was one of the greatest characters on TV of all time on The Wire, one of the greatest TV shows of all time.

Whether they are lead or supporting actors, discuss all BE Cast Members in other roles, past, present and future here.

I recognized Paul Calderon (the Cuban earcutter) as pied piper Jojo Rios from "Legion," a 2003 episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent. He co-starred with Steve Buscemi in King of New York (1990), CrissCross (1992), and Pulp Fiction (1994). 

OMG - if you guys haven't caught Steve Buschemi in 30 Rock, you must.  He is so funny, but maybe watch it after this show ends, because he is such a different character.  

And it gets much funnier, I just don't want to totally ruin Nucky for everyone

Good old Eli Thompson's already got an out: Shea Whigham is going to be on that new Agent Carter series on ABC.  Between this and Charlie Cox getting the lead on Netflix's Daredevil, I kind of want to see all the Boardwalk Empire guys show up in various Marvel productions (although, I wonder if Michael Shannon isn't allowed to be in a Marvel film, since he was Zod in Man of Steel.)

On a recent re-watch of the whole series I noticed that the dude who played Waxey Gordon (Nick Sandow) also plays Joe Caputo in Orange is the New Black. That made me smile.

Also, I'm excited to see Richard Harrow (John Huston) play Charles II in an upcoming mini-series about the fire of London in 1666, airing in the UK. I always have to do a double take when I see him with a whole face.