Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Lowak

• Start Topic

So Maya, maybe with some Buffy like once in a generation enhancement is running a solo guerilla campaign against Fisk's organization. With many presuming him dead who is the deputy running it, Vanessa?

Damn, they really are doing what they can to get all of the Reservation Dogs cast members here!  We got both Jana Schmieding (Bev) and Dallas Goldtooth (The Spirit Guide) popping up in minor roles here.  I wonder who might show up next?!

Maya is definitely falling into the classic trap of prioritizing her need for revenge over everything else and even though she claims that it is all "part of her plan", it sees clear as day that it is likely going to backfire and blowback on her community.  No way the Fisk organization is just going to let an explosive delivery not go unanswered.  And that's not even including the fact that Fisk himself isn't actually gone.  Should have double-tapped, Maya!

Liked seeing more of Chula and Skully, and getting some more Tantoo Cardinal and Graham Greene awesomeness.  Interestingly, the characters didn't say much about each other, so I wonder if they are no longer together?  Maybe the tragedy twenty years ago was too much for them.

Bonnie already finds out about Maya, because that's what happens when you team up with someone who willingly calls himself Biscuits....

I'm guessing all of these flashbacks are going to be Maya's various ancestors and will likely play a part when she gets her ultimate power: whatever that may be.

• Like 2

Speaking of flashbacks, one of Maya’s ancestors looks so familiar to me, and I can’t remember if she was on Rez Dogs or something else. I can’t upload a picture here because it’s too big and I can’t resize it on mobile, but she’s not the one from the cave and not the one who played the lacrosse-type game - she has what looks like a tattoo on the lower part of her face. @thuganomics85 would you have any idea who it is? It’s bothering me 😄 Thanks!

IMG_3136.thumb.jpeg.4ad04316b8db241e3a3c1b9bfb1cbb08.jpeg

Oh, I managed to make it small enough! 

Ha, I figured it out. She played the young widow in The Mandalorian first-season ep “Sanctuary” - Mando asked her to look after Grogu, and she wanted him to stay as well (and drink spatchka - okay, it was Cara Dune who suggested that 😄).

• Useful 3

Maya must be running mostly on revenge at this point or else I am not sure what her end game is besides wanting to bust up the Kingpins operation out of revenge. I guess this is inevitable when the only help you can find is a guy called biscuit. 

The train heist was cool but of course Maya's cover is already blown and not only does everyone know that she is up to something, but now her family knows she's sneaking around not calling her cousin. We don't really have the whole story yet and I know that Maya has chosen a life of crime and all that, but her aunt (grandma?) can take a few seats on being so upset at Maya for coming to town and hoping she just takes off. She was the one who apparently had zero sympathy for little Maya, who lost her leg and her mom (who she watched die) in one day and then insisted that her dad leave town, splitting Maya from her home and family, including her cousin who she was really close with. She was all worried about her families safety except for Maya's apparently. 

I am still really liking the show, I am still wondering how we are going to mix Maya's possible past lives with what's happening in present times. 

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Capricasix said:

Ha, I figured it out. She played the young widow in The Mandalorian first-season ep “Sanctuary” - Mando asked her to look after Grogu, and she wanted him to stay as well (and drink spatchka - okay, it was Cara Dune who suggested that 😄).

Here she is!

spacer.png

• Like 1

I'm still trying to get the family relations straight.

Maya's dad married Maya's mom, and the mother of Maya's mom ('grandma') didn't like the dad's family because they were mixed up with Fisk?

who are Bonnie's and Biscuit's parents and are they brother/sister or just cousins (because i don't remember Biscuit from Ep 1)?

Is Graham Green Maya's grandad, who is or is not still with grandma?

I kindof agree that grandma can take a seat over judging Maya, who went with the only family she had in NYC, including new "uncle Fisk" (at least at the time).  Its not like grandma tried to keep Maya and tell the dad to leave alone.  grandma didn't seem to care about Maya at all.