Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Tuklo

• Start Topic

I'm honestly trying to remember if there was I ever a time I saw Graham Greene of all people getting his flirt on.  His usual wise mentor-type characters never get to do that!  Between this, Reservation Dogs, and his episode of The Last of Us, I'm loving that he is able to show a lighter side of things lately.

You knew it was only a matter of time that a fight would break out at the skate rink because it's just tailored made for some ass-kicking (complete with some laser tagging as well!)  The fight sequence was fun: especially when Maya started using some of of the games as weapons!  But it was only a matter of time before Zane and his group overwhelmed her (certainly helped that Bonnie was in his clutches), but they get a last minute save from.... Fisk?!  Dun dun dunnn!

Just realized they doubled dipped here with some Agents of Shield folks.  Andrew Howard (Zane) played Luther Banks on that show and Vickie (RIP, you fool) was played by Thomas E. Sullivan a.k.a. Nathanial Mack from that show's final season.

Hope Maya and Bonnie reconcile at some point.  Alaqua Cox and Devery Jacobs did excellent work: the former really showed the character's guilt over cutting off contact, while latter almost look more child-like anytime Bonnie looked at Maya.  So much history and potential here.

Fisk just popping out of nowhere like some kind of serial killer from a slasher flick, heh,.  To be fair, while I'm sure he's a lovely guy in real life, I would probably be little concerned as well if I bummed into Vincent D'Onofrio in a dark ally!

• Like 5

How is there only one reply?! I am absolutely loving this series! I love the juxtaposition between her ancestors and the present. And grandpa (can’t remember his name) trying to put the moves on grandma? Loving it! He is one of my favorites. Love the fight scenes and how they put the roller rink to good use. Can’t wait to see what happens with Fisk.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Nacos for Rufus said:

How is there only one reply?

The Netflix style distribution model of dumping all the episodes at once really decimated discussions at sites like this one. Folks don't take the time to stop and discuss between episodes as TV become multi hour movies with breaks for credits instead of advertising.

And then there are fear of spoilers so in many cases we get chat on the first and last episodes.

• Like 2
(edited)

Gotta say, the brawl at the roller rink with Dragula reminded me of any number of fight scenes from The Umbrella Academy.

Edited by tkc
  • Like 1

To my surprise I am actually enjoying this series. I think it is the simple revenge for the dead father plot plus interesting characters and a new location for an MCU story. Especially compared to the overly complicated nonsense plots of the last two marvel shows the straightforward story with just good fights is a nice change.

• Like 5

I am still really liking the show, I am deliberately watching slowly to make it last longer. I knew that they would have a fight scene at the skate rink, no why do you have a set piece that fun without using it to fight! The fight scene was really good, I liked Maya taking advantage of her not being able to hear to confuse the others with loud music and using the games as weapons, even if she was inevitably overwhelmed by numbers.

I love the flashbacks to what I assume are Maya's ancestors and this was my favorite. Love that it was styled like an old silent movie, complete with "Bang!" cards. I also like the change in local from a big city to a smaller rural town, it gives the show a different vibe. 

Fisk just showing up out of nowhere on the porch like he's a slasher killer, I swear this guy!

• Like 3