Type keyword(s) to search

AGT Fantasy League: All Episode Thread

• Start Topic

Simon Cowell, Heidi Klum, Howie Mandel and Terry Crews welcome back Judge Mel B for an all-new twist on "AGT"! The judges face off for the first time ever as they draft dream teams of returning fan-favorite contestants - but in the end, only one judge and one act will come out on top.

Premieres Monday, January 1. 

What a way to start off the New Year with a warning!  So I'll have to walk on eggshells when I post.

.  Kodi Lee finally sounded good.  Ordinarily he would be just another singer. 

.  This version of AGT seems like the outcome has been decided.

.  That dance group from India didn't impress me like before.

.  I still don't like Mel B as a judge!

.  Mel B didn't understand the sand artist's performance?  Was she not paying any attention?

.  I didn't like the fingers dude.  His shadow figures looked kind of goofy.

.  That magician was the best act of the night.  

More of the same. I watched it with one eye. The only act I liked was Hans, who I find ridiculously terrible, but entertaining. 

The sand act was good, but it wasn't filmed well. Her head was in the way for a lot of it. 

Something about the shadow person drumming on Howie's head made me giggle. 

• Like 1

I'm kind of bored with this version of AGT already.  All the fuss about almost every act and the ones that had a sob story (I hope I can say - sob) have gone through.

One thing that got under my skin was Mel B's comments about that dude singing with a mask.  She said, and I'm paraphrasing, "That's what this shows about, breaking down barriers" or something to that  like that.  Nooooo, this show should be about talent, and talent only!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

That Pack Drum act was chaotic, so much going on I really could not tell if they were really good or just a huge stage presence.

The country singing trio had amazing harmony, the song was good but I would have liked to hear how they handle a song they did not write.

I saw the 15 year old mind reading act, the guys that danced in heels, the Mongolian singer, (who was good but Garth Brooks already did that song, he needs his own sound), and I had to change the channel, it was enough.

Heidi Klum is nice person but a mentor, meh.

I am not rooting for anyone.

• Like 1

Darci should never have been advanced.  She's not turrible as a singer, but she in no way, is special as one.  It was surprising to see Simon affect such a bored, frustrated , look as she performed.  This is Fantasy League - nobody should see that stage unless they are certifiably excellent.  Then he lies about how he rspects/admires artists who ignore advice.  This may be the most ironic thing I have ever heard on television.

I am convinced that Hurricane did not go through because there just was not enough time to create another vignette.   Fabulous act, this is.  Nice to see a genuine Simon as he held the pooch.  Of course, it was self-serving in brandishing his image.

The magician was masterful.  But, Mel B was correct - it was impossible to discern the "story."  The ending should have gad a much bigger impact (reversing airborne petals into the "original" rose).  I hope he makes it in the biz.

Chapel Hart were good.  Fun song.  With the right producer, they can carve out a solid career.

The stunt where several Unbeatables are launched straight up to act as "steps" for another cast member to "climb" is beyond tremendous.  They have been the best act of this "Fantasy" deal.

I fully realize the "voting" is contrived as can be.  However, most all the acts are pretty good and worth seeing.  

• Like 3
(edited)

Let me see... V. Unbeatable and Hurricane were as good as I've ever seen them. They actually "stepped up" a dog act. 

I liked the magician. Kseniya was good, but went on too long and if I didn't see the beginning about trying for another baby, I wouldn't have got it. 

Most of the other acts were the same as they ever were. I really don't see how Shadow Ace keeps moving on. It's something I could actually do. 

Sheldon and Darci were bad. Darci went from an interesting ventriloquist act to an average country singer. 

Edited by Mr. Sparkle
  • Like 2

I didn't get into this ep as I did last week.  For whatever reason, my thoughts were more about AGT manipulations (especially placement of the acts in this ep) and how the jidges reactions were ridiculously boilerplate than usual.  I don't recall an ep where every single criticism, however minor as most of them were, were couched in positive terms without fail. 

I thought Unbeatables delivered yet again, but how was that more spectacular than the epic routine we saw last week?  Puhlease.  I was happily stunned that each jidge spoke only in glowing terms.  No shade whatsoever.  Given that they won a season, I don't see them getting the nod this time.

The blind singer absolutely destroyed (horribly) Queen's anthem.  It was criminal.  I tried like crazy to escape that reality.  Yet, each time I opened my eyes, catastrophe is what I see (saw).  He is arguably the most overrated and fortunate contestant in AGT histoire. 

Mel B pissed me off when she proclaimed that the drum line group never set a wrong foot.  When I was watching them, all I saw were missteps and chaotic (not good) choreography.  I love that genre and they gave good effort.  However, they are not elite.  Any number of HBCU drum lines would own them in competition. 

The "physical" acts pretty much nailed all of their stunts.  This genre just doesn't do it for me.  No worries, though, if any of them other than the single-legged dancer win.  I admire that guy greatly.  He deserves a ton of praise for his overcoming his handicap.  But, he is up against Cirque-level talent.  It just doesn't measure up.  I'd be very happy if he goes on and crushes a professional dance career.  He just might.

The overall "Team" gimmick has been annoying as can be.  I get that it was one more needed "story" element they could hammer in a super-contrived format.  If only I felt some genuine competitive spirit among the panel.  Oh, well.

I'm gonna take a flyer on the Gospel choir to win.  They were just fine in performance.  As the Easter season starts tomorrow, it would be a nice touch of symmetry.  My vote goes to Unbeatables, though.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

The blind singer absolutely destroyed (horribly) Queen's anthem.  It was criminal.  I tried like crazy to escape that reality.  Yet, each time I opened my eyes, catastrophe is what I see (saw).  He is arguably the most overrated and fortunate contestant in AGT histoire. 

Let me look and see if I can agree more. Nope. Full on agree. Took everything unique about that song and made it an AOR ballad. The truth is if Cody wasn't blind and autistic, we wouldn't be talking about him. 

26 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

No worries, though, if any of them other than the single-legged dancer win.  I admire that guy greatly.  He deserves a ton of praise for his overcoming his handicap.  But, he is up against Cirque-level talent.  It just doesn't measure up. 

Same thing with this guy, although he is extremely likeable. I really don't care for dance performances, so that doesn't help him in my eyes. 

My last snark of the day (maybe) is for Aidan Bryant. Handsome young man, so they gave him the make-up of a 40-year housewife. 

Both Aidan and V Unbeatable have already won, so I hope someone else wins this round. Truth is, I really don't care. 

• Like 2
(edited)

The woman that hung by her hair looked upset or shaken after. She mentioned she lost so much hair for that performance. What a price to pay just to try to win.

Edited by silversage
  • Like 2
19 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Thank you!  And he didn't even start the song from the beginning, (Mama, I just killed a man...)

Yeah, I've been pretty much saying the same thing about Kodi Lee and have been blasted in other forums.

• Like 3

I was surprised at the winner of AGT: Fantasy League...they were good, but I would not have picked them to win.  My personal pick was the Pack DrumLine...their routine with Sheila E was very cool!

• Like 2

I tuned in late enough to miss most of the performances and catch the results. I was glad Kodi and V Unbeatable didn't win. I would've picked Sofie Dossi because she had the most interesting act IMO. 

Ramdhani Brothers seem like nice guys and I'm happy for them, but I don't see where that act goes other than one guy is on the other guys head and they walk around. 

9 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

My personal pick was the Pack DrumLine...their routine with Sheila E was very cool!

Agreed, that was a good performance, mostly due to Sheila E. 

• Like 1
(edited)

I think the producers got who they wanted to win all along.  They voted on an act that no one expected to win.  If I was a producer of this show I wouldn't have picked the brothers.  V-Unbeatable were by far the most entertaining act of this show.  I'm glad Kodi Lee didn't win, but I wondered if he knew if he had not won but was eliminated?  He was jumping up and down like he thought he won.  The arial acts I got bored with.  The drumline group were good but maybe for a halftime show at a sporting event.  Sheila E. made them better than they were though.  The choir?  Ummm, nope!

So, I would've voted for V-Unbeatable to win.

Oh, don't think for a moment that the audience actually voted.  The producers or other TPTB of the show voted and probably had the winner picked long before we sat on our comfortable couches to watch the first episode.

Not looking forward to the main AGT show but I'll probably watch.

Edited by rr2911
  • Like 2

Finally saw the final ep.

Loved the Mel B "tribute."  Other than Paula Abdul, Mel is the one who has most enjoyed and been most effective skewering Simon.  She's also been the heavy more than all, except Simon.  Simon's shot at the Spice Girls "standing there and not singing" was as funny as anything I've heard from him in decades.

It was stunning that the talent costuming did not change for any and all the segments.  I've never seen that before.  

Chapel Hart went out well, with their money song.  I do hope they get to do something with Dolly.  Nice to see Sheila E. again.  Kodi's excitement upon learning he lost was unfortunate.  Bless his heart.

Whatever misgivings I have about AGT writ large, I am always impressed by the performance production values and editing.  Superb.

Despite the contrivance of this iteration, a worthy winner was chosen.  That ain't nothing.

• Like 1