Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Picture Says a Thousand Words

jenrising
  • Start Topic

Detective Russo:  "Please don't do any more cowboy shit!"

Reacher: "Sure, buddy!"  

(Proceeds to do the most cowboy shit possible.)

This should all end with Russo and Finley meeting up for drinks and bonding over how working with Reacher aged them ten years.

I realized in the flashback that Swan was being played by Shannon Kook (Jordan from The 100), so I figured he would be more significant than the other victims, so Swan being part of the organization after them (including a picture right beside Robert Patrick) isn't too surprising.  The question is if he is really dead because he got too close to whatever sinister stuff they were doing and tried to get word to his unit, or is he actually part of the scheme and this all a big cover-up?

The Reacher/Dixon/Neagley/O'Donnell gang is making for a fun dynamic, which makes me suspect/worry that at least one of them isn't making it out of this alive.  Well, obviously Reacher is safe, but I can see one of the three dying in front of him to make it even more personal.

• Like 3

The detective is worry about the team going rogue after they bombed a house in Queens and went death squad on the B team. And then the cowboy shit comes.

New Age looks like a place that would have 24/7 guards around. I understand the writer is British, they had Reacher use the British "torch", instead of the American flashlight  to look at Swan. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Raja said:

I understand the writer is British, they had Reacher use the British "torch", instead of the American flashlight to look at Swan. 

That's because Lee Child is a hack (if they took it from the source material).

Never got past half of the first book, but the show is entertaining.

It would seem to me based on genre conventions:

1. At least one of the special investigators is a double-agent or is in some way working for the bad guys

2. At least one of the special investigators is going to be killed by the end of the season.

3. Reacher can't die or be arrested despite his multiple homicides, obviously

4. Neagley can't die or be arrested

My money has been on O'Donnell being dirty and dying in a redemption arc. 

I would find it interesting if Dixon was dirty, but I don't see that happening.

But with the introduction of Swan as a New Age employee who was posing next to the bad guy in a company photo, it's possible/probable that he is responsible for whatever is going on.

Have they bothered to say anything about the black guy marksman?

Is it just me, or shouldn't they have figured out Robert Patrick's character has something to do with this without the cowboy shit? I mean they are looking for something that happened over the course of seven months and is connected to $65 million. You have to suspect people at the top are involved, and that's where Robert Patrick is (presumably)

• Like 4

I think Swan figured out something bad was going on and brought his army buddies in on it.  But they were all discovered.  I can’t see anyone owning a dog they care about letting it die. Even if swan was away he’d have someone get his dog.  Swan is dead.  

4 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

He died, unrelated to curren activities, I believe they said car accident. It was in episode 1 when Reacher/Neagley were catching up. They mentioned a wedding and funeral both of which Reacher missed because he was wondering.

• Useful 4
2 hours ago, Hanahope said:

I think Swan figured out something bad was going on and brought his army buddies in on it.  But they were all discovered.  I can’t see anyone owning a dog they care about letting it die. Even if swan was away he’d have someone get his dog.  Swan is dead.  

It's funny because in real life, I would tend to agree with you. People care about their pets as much as flesh-and-blood children.

But in Hollywood, somebody who is hypothetically OK with his buddies getting killed to facilitate some sort of major drug/terrorism transaction might be cold-blooded enough to let their dog dehydrate to death as part of a scheme to make people think he was dead. 

I hope the show surprises me and has no traitors, but I wouldn't put any money on it. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

That's because Lee Child is a hack (if they took it from the source material).

Never got past half of the first book, but the show is entertaining.

I've seen it before from other British "hack" authors, having characters use expressions that Americans don't use.   Having Reacher "retire" from the army at 36 would have meant medical retirement from the US armed forces but possible under just years served in British service would be another example.

Being a show I don't put it all on the author. I guess none of the actors or directors have done enough genre films/TV to notice we don't say torch for lights and had they hired no script doctors to fix such things from the source materials.

• Like 1

I like how they have incorporated more of Reacher's crew from the army.  Most of the books are Reacher solo, making an ally or two from where-ever he happens to be.  i wonder if they will try to use this group more in subsequent seasons even if they were not originally in a particular book

1 hour ago, Hanahope said:

I like how they have incorporated more of Reacher's crew from the army.  Most of the books are Reacher solo, making an ally or two from where-ever he happens to be.  i wonder if they will try to use this group more in subsequent seasons even if they were not originally in a particular book

That will take away from the lone drifter theme. Assuming Neagley survives that reoccurring over TV seasons  role seems destined to be her sole domain.

(edited)
On 12/16/2023 at 12:25 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

It would seem to me based on genre conventions:

1. At least one of the special investigators is a double-agent or is in some way working for the bad guys

2. At least one of the special investigators is going to be killed by the end of the season.

3. Reacher can't die or be arrested despite his multiple homicides, obviously

4. Neagley can't die or be arrested

My money has been on O'Donnell being dirty and dying in a redemption arc. 

I would find it interesting if Dixon was dirty, but I don't see that happening.

But with the introduction of Swan as a New Age employee who was posing next to the bad guy in a company photo, it's possible/probable that he is responsible for whatever is going on.

Is it just me, or shouldn't they have figured out Robert Patrick's character has something to do with this without the cowboy shit? I mean they are looking for something that happened over the course of seven months and is connected to $65 million. You have to suspect people at the top are involved, and that's where Robert Patrick is (presumably)

I'm a little late to the party.   I'm actually wondering if Neagley will be the Mole.   They conveniently didn't show her fight scenes when they went to the "safe house" (can't remember which bad guy's house it was).   She was the one that was able to "reach" out to Reacher.    I feel like her being the Mole would be the most shocking and totally rock Reacher's world.

ETA: She also mentioned needing money to help her sick father which could be the motivation to betray her team if the right amount of money was offered.

Edited by Meedis