Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E07: Bunny Eyez; Fidget Game; REKKIE; Yum Crumbs

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

A new group of hopeful entrepreneurs appear in front of the Sharks to pitch tilt-able and flippable reading glasses, an exciting educational game for kids, a pair of high-tech ski goggles and a line of delicious dessert toppings.

Season 15, episode 7, 17 November

Sharks-Mark, Daymond, Kevin, Barbara, Lor

Bunny Eyez-a variety of readers that flip and tilt.  They want $200k for 10%.   First wearable tiltable, flipable readers.   You can flip the temples down separately, or turn the ear pieces vertical.  $5 million lifetime sales, since 2018.   $600k first year.  Big bump from celebrity endorsements at the beginning.  Inventory issues in 2020, and with other personal issues.  Margins are huge   Mostly on Amazon and direct to consumer, no debts.  They want distribution help, to get in the big box stores.     They are in discussions with the biggest company in the optic world.  Kevin is out, Mark is out, Barbara is out because she doesn't want retail.   Lori thinks licensing is the way to go, and is out. 

Daymond is interested, and suggests using grand- influencers, $200k for 20% and $2 per pair until he gets his investment back, and then royalty goes down.   

Daymond makes the deal, he'll be a great partner for them.  

(I love the pink suit Daymond is wearing)

The Fidget Game-teaches kids to read. She's a former teacher, and wants to gamify reading.   A teacher in a box for beginning readers.  $500k for 10%. Brandi Dugal is a former teacher turned entrepreneur.   She credits Barbara with helping her form her company, after hearing Barbara's Tik Tok story of how she started her company after being dumped by a boyfriend, like Brandi was surprised by her husband's demand for a divorce.   $3.2  Million in sales in six months since she started the company.  Barbara, Daymond and Kevin are all dyslexics.   85% on Amazon, 15% on her website.   Fidget Game is the #1 reading game.    She has a teacher council of advisors.   Margins are great, she's very profitable.  She'll profit over $1 million this year.    She wants a shark for product expansion, and to gamify into other languages, ESL, and other subjects.   Barbara makes an offer $500k for 20%, counter at 15%

Barbara makes the deal $500k for 15%.

Rekkie-Smart Ski goggles to stay connected on the slopes. $300k for 10% equity.  Skiers can stay connected.   Smart snow goggles, projecting directly on the lenses hand free, not VR goggles.  It has a dashboard, compass, and doesn't block your vision.  You track your companions with an app that works with or without cell service.      Launched last year, $175k in one ski season, margins are decent.     No competitors in action sports.   Patent pending on the display.   No outside investors.   Two brothers have their own businesses, earning $8 to $10 million a year.   Barbara is out.   Lori is out, not a ski person. Mark $300k for 15%.   Kevin $300k for 10%, 20% royalty.  

Mark makes the deal for 12.5%, $300k.   

Yum Crumbs-flavored crumb toppings for desserts and baked goods.  $100k for 10%.   In 26 varieties.   A replacement for sprinkles.   The seller, Delson is so much fun!.   Berry Blue, Strawberry cheesecake, Chocolate Eclair, Banana Split, and many others.   A combination of cookie consistency and flavorings.   Wawa is a huge customer.  $1.7 million lifetime sales over 3 years.   They started with cake shops, and branched out.   He has his own manufacturing facility, and needs larger capacity.   Margins are excellent.   They sell 4,000 pounds to Wawa every month.  Lori is out.  Mark is out, he knows nothing about commercial food facilities.  Barbara and Daymond 100k for 25%, Kevin offers  15% for $100k. (I hope I got that right, the offers were coming so fast).    An offer for 12.5% and 100K from Kevin.   

Deal 20% with Barbara and Daymond.     Delson is crying, he just lost his mom.     I hope he's a super big success.   Daymond shows what a big heart he has.   

Update: Boarderie, deal with Lori for cheese and charcuteries boards delived to customers.   They have done $15 million in sales in the 10 months since the show aired.  

Iconic Moment: Hug Sleep-Robert in the Hug Sleep falling out of bed is hysterical. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, silversage said:

Not impressed with the first three groups. Getting ready to turn it off but the Yum Crumbs impressed me until I found the ingredients list online. 

When he said it was sugar free and dairy free, I wanted to know what was in it. After reading your comment, I guess I'm better off not knowing.

• Like 2

I just looked up the ingredients in a few packages. They are NOT sugar free—sugar was the first ingredient listed. They are dairy free. There’s a lot of preservatives, but that’s what to expect from this product. The only way to make it preservative free is if a bakery was making the crumbs every day or two. 

I would order, but I live in Canada, and shipping products here is often pretty expensive for smaller companies. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, hula-la said:

I just looked up the ingredients in a few packages. They are NOT sugar free—sugar was the first ingredient listed.

I could have sworn he said sugar free on the show. I'm not invested enough in it to rewatch it to figure out what I missed.

1 hour ago, eel2178 said:

I could have sworn he said sugar free on the show. I'm not invested enough in it to rewatch it to figure out what I missed.

He said they're low sugar, non dairy. 

I was just watching it so thought I would pay attention.

Edited by Shrek
  • Like 1
On 11/19/2023 at 6:36 PM, hula-la said:

I just looked up the ingredients in a few packages. They are NOT sugar free—sugar was the first ingredient listed. They are dairy free. There’s a lot of preservatives, but that’s what to expect from this product. The only way to make it preservative free is if a bakery was making the crumbs every day or two. 

I would order, but I live in Canada, and shipping products here is often pretty expensive for smaller companies. 

I looked at their FAQ which says that Canadian orders will be handled by: www.cakecosmetix.ca

So, they only have 5 varieties and they are all $17 per bag.  I calculated shipping and it was about $15 - 2 day Expedited parcel with Canada Post.  That's pretty steep - there were no other shipping options other than pick up at their one location.

So yeah, too steep for my blood.

• Like 1