Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Chapter 3: Survivors

• Start Topic

Everything is manipulated at this retreat. Is this a self-serving get together so Andy can become a bigger deal? Is he auditioning some of these guests for future collaborations? The daily itinerary for this gathering is quite free and easy.

Recap of some reveals in this episode:

• Tomas brought tea for 3 persons to Bill’s room that night. Two visitors were with him just before he died. Rohan and Lee?
  • Other guests have some sort of connections to Bill. Oliver tweeted about him, calling him a failed programmer. Martin liked Bill’s tweet once. Bill and Lui Mei were on the same flight once. Lee attended Bill’s Artificial Insanity exhibition. Thanks Ray for the info.
  • Bill helped Rohan got sober 5 years ago. He struggled with alcoholism after losing hope in humanity and Bill gave him a new perspective. 
  • It was Rohan with that anti facial-reg mask outside Bill’s room. Out in the cold, Rohan sends a Morse-coded message that says “One down still a go”, implying that their plan is still on despite what happened to Bill.
  • Bill showed up at Lee’s doorstep after she was doxxed. They bonded over how technology scared them. Lee tells Darby that she only hooked up with Bill once, not to a completion. There was an Andy/Bill overlap.
  • A tour to Southern Summit reveals that Oliver has indeed been working with Andy on a special project called “swarm robotics”, designed for new climate extremes. Any other (unethical) robotics project being developed by these two?
  • Darby confronts Andy about not calling the police to investigate Bill’s death. Andy’s justification is that Bill’s heart rate spiked long before any visitors came to his room, confirming an OD. Andy tells Darby he’s aware that she hacked the doorbell cam footage.
  • Over the phone, Rohan tells Darby that he loves Bill and would never hurt him. Bill wanted to tell him something important on the night he died. When they met, Bill was too intoxicated to speak. Rohan got upset and left. Darby then hears Rohan falls to the ground. She hears screaming and rushes out to find Rohan’s dead body.

The VR (Virtual Reality) headset that Zoomer uses to play the Crown game must have meant something, right?

What if the killer/mastermind uses a MR (Mixed Reality) or XR (Extended Reality) environment to create the perfect crimes where physical and digital can interact. For example - hacking Rohan’s pacemaker to make his death looks like a heart attack.

Darby has been invited to the retreat to see whether she can solve these enhanced, forensically manipulated crimes with overlay of digital elements. 🤔

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 3

Darby doesn’t do a good job of hiding her suspicions on her face. It’s comical, she’s staring sternly directly at everyone. And no one seems To notice?

Zoomer told Bill his heart rate was fast at their first dinner. Bill said, really? I don’t feel that. And when he went to feed the kid, Andy says, “don’t!” So, obviously he was drugged at the dinner or it’s a fake out.  Weird he was fine when he and Darby were lying in the snow. 

Don’t have any guesses as to why he was killed, but I’d love to stay at that hotel.🤣 (other than the murdering.)

Enjoying all your guesses. 

• Like 1
On 11/26/2023 at 5:20 PM, Pi237 said:

Darby doesn’t do a good job of hiding her suspicions on her face. It’s comical, she’s staring sternly directly at everyone. And no one seems To notice?

Zoomer told Bill his heart rate was fast at their first dinner. Bill said, really? I don’t feel that. And when he went to feed the kid, Andy says, “don’t!” So, obviously he was drugged at the dinner or it’s a fake out.  Weird he was fine when he and Darby were lying in the snow. 

Don’t have any guesses as to why he was killed, but I’d love to stay at that hotel.🤣 (other than the murdering.)

Enjoying all your guesses. 

I bet Andy is involved.    They were dropping big hints with Zoomer.  Bill and zoomer’s mother were together in Florida seven years ago.  They had sex once but he Bill couldn’t hold it which was why neither idiot considered checking Zoomer’s genetics. You know Andy did though.  

Darby needs a poker face.    The constant twitchy tics, suspicious looks and the looks that a light bulb went off are comical, I agree.  Not to mention unnecessary and annoying.   

Forgot to add, doesn’t morphine slow your heart rate down?  

And there’s no way they are going out without masks and hats.   They don’t even try to fake it 

• Like 5
On 11/28/2023 at 7:02 AM, Bluesky said:

I bet Andy is involved.    They were dropping big hints with Zoomer.  Bill and zoomer’s mother were together in Florida seven years ago.  They had sex once but he Bill couldn’t hold it which was why neither idiot considered checking Zoomer’s genetics. You know Andy did though.  

Darby needs a poker face.    The constant twitchy tics, suspicious looks and the looks that a light bulb went off are comical, I agree.  Not to mention unnecessary and annoying.   

Forgot to add, doesn’t morphine slow your heart rate down?  

And there’s no way they are going out without masks and hats.   They don’t even try to fake it 

I wonder if Andy is just one big red herring. Unless they decided to present the big bad, right away. 

I like the main actress, but it always bugs me when someone runs around accusing everyone. 

I also loved the music at the end of the episode. It was beautiful, and reminded me of when I started the OA, seven years ago. 

• Like 1
On 11/30/2023 at 2:32 AM, Anela said:

I wonder if Andy is just one big red herring. Unless they decided to present the big bad, right away. 

I like the main actress, but it always bugs me when someone runs around accusing everyone. 

I also loved the music at the end of the episode. It was beautiful, and reminded me of when I started the OA, seven years ago. 

I know, it seems too obvious for it to be Andy.  But who else would have the power and resources to do it?  Andy claims he sees everything.  Maybe his wife?  Maybe Bill found out it was his kid 

• Like 1

First: the episode description is funny since Darby in no way appears to be "the perfect guest".

Second: other than the hike to see the robots' work, there doesn't seem to be much point to this gathering. Everything else seems to be more social than educational or business oriented. So, what result does Andy hope to have?

Third: Does Darby even have a "poker face"? I can't see how successful she could be at sleuthing (or even social manipulation) when everything she thinks is apparent in her expression. Maybe she's a better online hacker than an in-person detective.

• Like 5
On 11/21/2023 at 11:05 AM, catsitter said:

I wonder how those robots and the structures that they build would stand up to the earthquakes and volcanic eruptions?

Well they are like the ants. Some army ants form a bridge and others cross the bridge. So the structures aren't permanent. The robots make them, use them, then dismantle them.