Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E08: A Planes, Trains and Automobiles Day

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

22 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

A team would have had to be able to pass another going up the stairs, either by pushing past or from the leading team having to let them pass, otherwise the first team there could have just put their arms out to the side and leisurely walked up in no rush

As said upthread, if a following team could catch up before the 'plateau' there would be no problem going around a leading team. Just that was not apparent from the bottom of the stairs.

I believe it was in TAR 3? where a father/son team went for a Fast Forward but were still eliminated because they were so far behind, so I don't think it is ever wise to leisurely walk with no rush in a race.

23 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

Todd is seen as negative because he treats Ashlie like crap. From blaming her for missing the sign to his terrible attitude on the ski task. He really comes across as a dick.

We've seen so many people on this show who treat their partners like crap. Two of them right now: Anna Leigh and Morgan. Putting Todd in that category seems like a real stretch to me, but whatever.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 2

Todd gives me the ick.  I disliked their team from the start because of a vibe he gives off (almost like Nice Guy energy).  However, there was a taking head where he said Ashlie gets in her own head and can be self-defeating.  They have been together for years and (theoretically) know each other well enough to know what the other person needs when they're stressed.  What come across to us outsiders as Todd being dismissive of Ashlie could just be years of experience knowing when she does/does not need his support.  Or he could really be a massive jerk who talks down to his partner and doesn't validate her feelings on all things, not just the race.  Regardless, Ashlie glaring daggers at him during the skiing task gave me life. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 11/16/2023 at 11:32 AM, iMonrey said:

Urgh. Edited because @iMonrey’s quote (1st paragraph below) didn’t show up in the quote box *and* the incorrect video embedded.

Greg and John keep saying "It's what we do!" every time they celebrate finishing a task or winning a leg. I guess it's their catchphrase.

I don’t know if this is what Greg and John were referring to, but I immediately thought of this:

Edited by Babalu06
  • Love 1
On 11/16/2023 at 9:29 PM, chicagofan said:

You can go to the CBS website to watch recent episodes of CBS shows. In my experience shows are usually up for a couple of weeks. You will probably need to download the CBS app - you do not have to subscribe to Paramount+. Just know that there will be commercials.

For some reason it wasn't available right away but it showed up after a few days, thank you!

On 11/16/2023 at 9:22 AM, Browncoat said:

It was interesting to me that when Rob and Corey went up that interminable staircase (I get tired just thinking about 1100 steps!), Corey was behind Rob, giving him encouragement, and saying, "You can do it!  Are you okay?" and so on.  But when Steve and Anna Leigh went up, AL just ran off and left Steve behind, saying only things like, "Come on, Dad!" and "Hurry up, Dad!"  Hell, she even yelled at him to hurry up when he was on the zip line!

THIS!!!!!! Rob and Corey are such a delight - I wish all teams had this kind of joy at just being able to experience this incredible AMAZING journey!!! I am rooting for them so hard I worry every time they struggle. Maybe my favorite race team ever! Contrast them with Anna Leigh alternating between her woe is me/ we're done crying and whining to screeching at her dad to "Move your ass!" on his SECOND set of stairs in less than a few hours when she realized they weren't completely out of it. I hope she's embarrassed when she watches this back. Not a good look Anna Leigh....

This also applies to Robin and Chelsea - maybe the two most joyless unlikeable racers ever. They treat everything like an absolute chore and almost seem disappointed in still being in the race. They talk shit about other racers and refuse to offer even a shred of a clue to anyone when they know something but then hypocritically mooch onto anyone when they can. I really hope this bites them in the ass soon. But who knows - maybe they will find it a relief to see the eyebrow of doom.....

• Like 2

Is it me or are they choosing less annoying people?   There used to be a couple of teams that everyone hated but these  couples all seem nice  

Is it just me or did anyone else think they were at the bridge that started WW1?  I was wrong of course.