Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: No Pun Planned

• Start Topic

Congratulations @SunnyBeBe on your niece’s birth this week!
Yes to my middle son having them close. She will be one in November and the newest is expected in mid May. 
I love the name Palmer! My oldest son has three that are named with traditionally boy names from the 1800’s early 1900’s and start with the same letter and the middle one and his wife smooshed their names together to make their daughter’s name. Which ironically is a last name. 

Edited by stewedsquash
niece not granddaughter
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

Congratulations @SunnyBeBe on your granddaughter’s birth this week! I hope you were able to visit with less restrictive rules in place. I got covid from my husband in March 2021 on a Friday and my 18m old was born that following Tues. I had the original covid that was terrible so I was terrified of spreading it to a newborn and didn’t go see her until a month had passed. It took me three weeks to recover. Then when the 10m old was born I was able to go to visit at hospital because rules had changed. 
Yes to my middle son having them close. She will be one in November and the newest is expected in mid May. 
I love the name Palmer! My oldest son has three that are named with traditionally boy names from the 1800’s early 1900’s and start with the same letter and the middle one and his wife smooshed their named together to make their daughter’s name. Which ironically is a last name. 
I told them they would have to smoosh this baby’s name so it doesn’t feel left out, ha. I was playing around with their middle names and came up with Willden.😂 I had no clue they were expecting when I told them and they think I was snooping when I was keeping the baby,ha. But I had also had a dream about a baby 2 or so weeks ago and asked each of my three son’s which one was pregnant. My daughter in laws think I am a witch.

That’s funny, but it is very coincidental that you had that dream!  I have similar things happen with me and dreams.  It’s like synchronicity.  I’ve read we are picking up on other’s thoughts and feelings.  I’ve had dreams of things that really were happening on multiple occasions.  
I like the name too.  This one is actually my great niece, not grandchild, but still we are close.  Mother looks just like me and many think she’s mine. Lol. I haven’t visited yet.  They are a couple of counties away in the hospital, but I have plenty of pics and a video.  Big sister kisses phone with pic of baby and and says “Sissy!”  So cute.   We are told it’s those two.  Their family is complete.  Lol. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

How could she be so active if she has cancer?  

We often have media images of people with cancer who have lost their hair due to chemo, are very thin (wasting), and are bedbound.  There are some folks with cancer, especially end stage, who are in that state.  However, the vast majority of people with cancer are living their lives.  There is extra stress, medical appointments, and treatments. Depending on the type of cancer and the type of treatment, people may need to limit activities or they may be able to carry on with most normal activities. Many people also continue working, especially if they live in a country where medical insurance is linked to work and they have financial stress. Also, obviously, if they simply feel well enough to do so. 

I am about to reach my one year clear from bone cancer.  I worked throughout my treatment.  I didn't go out as often, but then again, there was a pandemic so no one noticed.  I now have breast cancer, and I am still working full time.  Mine does not respond well to chemo, so I am doing neoadjuvant therapy (meds) to start. If anyone on the show has cancer, it may or may not be obvious. That is how it is in life.  We all likely know people with cancer; we just might not know that they have cancer. 

• Hugs 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5

A LOT of people with cancer don't look any different than anyone else.  I go to a specialty hospital for treatment and most of the time you can't pick out the cancer patients from the ones in the other specialized departments.  In fact someone with other problems may look more frail.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I have cancer now and have had it several times before  and I never lose my hair or anything.  I just get tired and sometimes lose a little weight and sometimes gain a few pounds! A lot of people don’t even know I’m sick and I’ve been dealing with this 2 years now.  Everybody has different responses to the treatments and the disease.

• Hugs 5
  • Love 4

I was scrolling through youtube cooking videos looking for a particular chicken recipe I wanted to try today and briefly checked out one I thought might be it.  It wasn't (used garlic salt instead of fresh garlic), but I stayed on it long enough to hear smoked paparika.  No, it wasn't a video by Amy.  

Hi, I am very short due to Turner mosaic (but it's not the clasical dwarfism, my body is proportional).

I feel very annoyed and troubled by being stared at every single day of my life, so I wanted to ask you:

how do you deal with being stared at?

Hoping to get some tips..

On 11/12/2023 at 9:24 AM, Somebody said:

Two days later, I must add: I didn't even notice that this forum is about the TV show (awkward 😐), but anyway: I'm pretty sure that there are people who read here that are dealing with stares. 

Hi! Welcome aboard! I don’t really deal with a lot of stares, but whenever I have had somebody stare at me I just give them a big cheesy grin which usually snaps them out of their gawking.  I’m sure it’s probably a lot more frustrating if you deal with this a lot.  I’m sorry people can be rude sometimes.

• Like 1

Does anybody love their vehicle?  If so can you recommend a low maintenance sedan/hatchback/small suv. Looking for something that generally would last at least 15 years.  Don’t have a certain price point exactly but willing to pay for something that’s reliable and last.  Thank you😊

7 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Does anybody love their vehicle?  If so can you recommend a low maintenance sedan/hatchback/small suv. Looking for something that generally would last at least 15 years.  Don’t have a certain price point exactly but willing to pay for something that’s reliable and last.  Thank you😊

I just traded in my 2022 Mazda CX30 for a Toyota RAV4.  The Mazda was a seriously smooth ride, but it felt too small for me (and I'm in a snowy state so I wanted a bigger/higher car for the weather).  Highly recommend it though.  No issues at all. 

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

Not exactly small, but I have a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee with over 125,000 miles and it has never been in the shop. My husband does keep up with regular maintenance himself, though. My daughter has a 2017 mid-sized Cherokee that is also still in perfect shape. There are smaller Jeep suvs that might be worth looking into.

Mine has been such a great car that I am not planning to replace it until it literally cannot move. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Just MOO from owning many used cars, it's just getting lucky with what you buy used.

However,  I appreciate the info from everyone posting here on the vehicles they have had good luck with. Great information.