Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Done Patrol

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Random, not necessarily coherent, thoughts:

I think I would like an Immortimas special where Cyborg and Rouge team up. I know this is not going to happen and I won't look for it next year, just saying. I suspect Rouge may die in her bold attack on the ant farm, but I don't want that to happen. Even if she reunites with Malcolm and Rita in the afterlife, for martinis and pifflepaffle.  I think that Cyborg, and Rouge particularly, could have used just a little more time on screen. K's story was well built and satisfying. I'm still not sure what Keeg and Larry did or what happens to them next. Also, where is that star they created, because if it happened in the solar system I would think it would be hazardous.

The items the Patrol brought to Rita's body's immolation were not things that made Rita particularly pleased. Mirror, martini...What would have shown her that she was seen as a person? Maybe the pointer and board she used as a leader of the group?

Who owns the mansion? Dorothy? Will it be maintained? It is full of dangerous things, like spaceships and (I assume) odd potions and chemicals and devices and boxes? Are the sex ghosts up for being caretakers?

(I think I could also use the story of how Bunburry became a bun, but that may be somewhere in the comics. Was he related to Tim?)

I rewatched the show before this season, which I really needed to do. Season 4 in total did an amazing job of drawing things into perspective, and sometimes changing the perspective of the show. I think I have a different idea of Niles Caulder than I did after the first three seasons.

The crystal hanging in the car, which Rory uses all his life, and which reflects all of the moments that happen in the car, was brilliant. I wonder if Cliff could have helped Rory avoid some of the pitfalls, and I think it is possible, but life is like that...

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 3

great conclusion even tho' I would have liked to have seen the series continue on but this is a satisfying ending.  One thing that did stick with me was that I was wondering how Cliff's daughter was going to get that robot body out of the car.  It would have been nice to see where Willowby was at this point since they managed to survive Immortus and the end of the world.  

And who knew that musical theater would save the world?  

• Like 1

I found this to be a pretty depressing ending.

I feel like they really dropped the ball on the Larry/Rita friendship the last couple seasons. Ever since they tossed Rita into the past and gave her a new life, it's like her relationship with Rouge was the most important thing on the show to her character and I just don't care. I also don't care about her and Malcolm who we barely knew.

I wanted to see more of the foursome together and the two best friend pairings within that. We got plenty of Cliff and Jane at least, but I feel like Rita's character was thrown under the bus and I don't know why.

• Like 4

How the f🤬 does the death of a foul mouthed, f🤬ed up Robotman rip my heart out and make me a blubbering mess more than anything else in this ending?🤣😭😭😭 It was depressingly brilliant, I don't know if I loved it or hated it, which is probably Appropriate Patrol😏 I do know this; my planned series rewatch is going to be much delayed having witnessed this conclusion. It's far too fresh and raw.

Edited by Daltrey
  • Like 3
On 11/11/2023 at 5:18 PM, Linderhill said:

great conclusion even tho' I would have liked to have seen the series continue on but this is a satisfying ending.  One thing that did stick with me was that I was wondering how Cliff's daughter was going to get that robot body out of the car.  It would have been nice to see where Willowby was at this point since they managed to survive Immortus and the end of the world.  

And who knew that musical theater would save the world?  

I’m sure there was a body shop that could handle it.

I’m guessing there were rivets and seams.