Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Jules

• Start Topic

Lucy forces Jules to go to Settlement House where she enlists Craig’s help in a haphazard interrogation. Kira receives an unexpected visit from a family member. Billionaire Paul Darros raises alarm with his team in his search for Lucy.

Premiered today on Australian streaming service STAN.

They didn't waste too much time bringing Felix in. Weird the way they were saying "your mother" "my mother". I thought pairing them at the bar was a good way to deliver a little exposition. There's got to be a connection to the baby picture and Lucas. 

As much as I like Ritter's "I do NOT need this right now" face, you'd think she would have showed the scar sooner. I would have also tried the other arm for the qr code or whatever that is. There's no way she doesn't have some kind of embedded identification. 

Another 'future touch' - driverless Uber. I'm skeptical in general, but not that far fetched. 'Quakerism' is an interesting detail to bring up. And the Pats are still around!

I'm glad they're picking up on Charlie shooting someone, and it's fair the bf wants answers at this point. I don't know why she didn't show him the qr code either. No need to drag it out. Same with the office building confirming they're the same. 

• Like 1
On 7/1/2024 at 5:59 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

As much as I like Ritter's "I do NOT need this right now" face, you'd think she would have showed the scar sooner. I would have also tried the other arm for the qr code or whatever that is. There's no way she doesn't have some kind of embedded identification. 

Another 'future touch' - driverless Uber. I'm skeptical in general, but not that far fetched.

I kept wondering why the heck Lucy didn’t show her the scar when she first grabbed her.

The driverless Uber looked suspiciously like an Ioniq 5.

The “you’re in my office” glitch seemed for a moment like it made Jules wonder if Lucy was telling the truth.

Felix may look older but he hasn’t changed a bit. And still my favorite character.

• Like 1

I think I have to remember that Lucy isn't Jessica Jones. I can give her some slack that seeing her younger self was triggering, if we're to (correctly) assume she's carrying around massive loads of trauma, and she almost got killed. She should have showed the scar sooner, but she did end up showing her. 

8 minutes ago, CarpeFelis said:

The “you’re in my office” glitch seemed for a moment like it made Jules wonder if Lucy was telling the truth.

I think Jules was actually listening to her all along, but on the other hand, she was terrified and looking to escape. Even in the bathroom, Jules was thinking about why she didn't remember anything. I'm not sure she was buying the story about falling off the bike either. 

I mean, you can't have Jules right off the bat believe Lucy, but if they're the same person, you have to think Jules has the same concerns.

I think we need to know more about what went on in that 2 year time jump. Lucy is clearly informing her actions on this, but we're not in on what happened. 

I've just started watching the original series for the first time.   I am now 7 episodes in and realizing I just don't like it.   I don't like/can't relate to Sarah Manning, Helena is played like a caricature of Sarah doing a bad Ukrainian accent, Alison isn't very interesting -- and I really really don't like Paul.   Art is a prick.  Felix is just annoying.

The only appealing character so far is Cosima, of course the more she gets involved with Max Headroom the less I want to watch.

I guess what I would like to know is, does this show get any better?  Because I'm about ready to cut my losses and walk away.

On 7/3/2024 at 9:48 PM, millennium said:

I guess what I would like to know is, does this show get any better?  Because I'm about ready to cut my losses and walk away.

I think for most people that loved the series (me included) the first couple of seasons are the best and then things went, well, in a different direction.  So if you're not liking it now it's unlikely you're going to like it later. IMHO

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, I Want My MBTV said:

I think for most people that loved the series (me included) the first couple of seasons are the best and then things went, well, in a different direction.  So if you're not liking it now it's unlikely you're going to like it later. IMHO

Thanks.  My biggest problem is I don't like the actors/characters.   I haven't been back to it since I posed my question above.

(edited)

Yeah, OB has a complex plot (some might say convoluted) spanning multiple seasons, but at its heart it's a show about the clone sisters. Paul is the worst and Art was a drag at the beginning, but if you're not liking or are annoyed by the clones as played by Tatiana, or even Felix, then this is most likely a series you can pass on with no regrets, lol.

Edited by kassandra8286