Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E05: Judi Dench, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jack Whitehall, Jay Blades

• Start Topic

Someone posted this episode on Youtube separated into parts but it appears to be mostly complete.

I agree, very good couch. I loved when Arnold Schwarzenegger said he always reads up on the guests beforehand. While I'm not a fan but I seem to become more fond of him in his old age.

• Like 4

I wish Graham hadn't focused so much on Arnold, but I guess that's probably inevitable.

Duran Duran sounded great. My terrible classic rock station played "Hungry Like the Wolf" for some reason, and it was such a great blast from the past.

• Like 1

I just love DJD. She is wonderful. I liked Ah-nold for a little bit but then I just wanted the convo to move to Dame Judi. Had to watch the discussion with Jay ? twice because I have no idea who he is or what he does. The final guy was cute, never heard of him either though. I wanted more Dame Judi, I guess.

• Like 1

Jay Blades and Jack Whitehall definitely got neglected, but Whitehall has been on the show often enough that I doubt it bothered him. At least both men were given time to promote what they were there to promote.

About The Repair Shop, according to Wiki: 

Each episode follows professional craftspeople from around the country who restore family heirlooms that have sentimental value for their owners. Heirlooms are found mostly through social media, and their owners are not charged for the restorations.

Viewers find out about the emotional family stories and events behind the pieces, before enjoying the sight of the technical skills and progress used to bring the pieces back to looking more cared for and in working order.

• Like 1