Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: 2000s Night

• Start Topic

Michael Rapaport guest starred on Friends as Phoebe's cop boyfriend.  He's been in a lot of movies and TV shows.  I know him best from "Boston Public" and the incredible cult classic "Deep Blue Sea".

Terrible singer.  If that had been Joel McHale I would have been greatly disappointed.  One time when Joel was a guest panellist, he showed up with a mask of Robin's face and sang "Blurred Lines".  He is a much better singer than Rapaport.

The Cow was incredible.  Perfect song choice for him.  Gazelle was great as well.  

• Like 4

I miss how they used to do a chyron at the bottom when someone was unmasked, explaining what various clues were supposed to have meant . The Friends thing made sense in the end, but a lot of the other stuff was either red-herring overload or I have no effing clue what they were trying to imply. And since nobody guessed right, it's not like the judges preemptively explained much.

• Like 5

Maybe Gazelle is Hilary Duff; she starred in the classic (?) "Cadet Kelly", which would fit with that army clue. I can't recall her ever playing a villain in anything before though. 

Edit: Oh, now I'm remembering someone else guessed Mandy Moore, who was a villain sort of in The Princess Diaries. Gazelle does seem to have more of a Mandy Moore-type build (very tall) 

Edit Edit: I'm now also remembering all that stuff about people not wanting to hire her because of her "unique look", which doesn't fit with Duff or Moore. I took a look at who web sites are guessing and it's an actress I've never heard of, so it's probably her. 

Edited by Phishbulb
11 hours ago, theatremouse said:

I miss how they used to do a chyron at the bottom when someone was unmasked, explaining what various clues were supposed to have meant . The Friends thing made sense in the end, but a lot of the other stuff was either red-herring overload or I have no effing clue what they were trying to imply. And since nobody guessed right, it's not like the judges preemptively explained much.

Agreed, they used to explain some of the bigger clues, or the panellists would ask questions about the clues.  I think the issue is that there's not enough time.  Sometimes we only get less than 10 seconds of them singing unmasked and the announcer usually talks over them.  

They should put something up on the Fox website the next day explaining all the clues if they don't have time to do so during the broadcast.  Part of the gist of this show is that we are supposed to guess who the person is.  The panellists are "guessing" for our benefit and explaining what the clues mean to them.  And then there's practically zero payoff for the clues.  I shouldn't have to resort to google to find the answers to the clues.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

The explanations I was referring to were text on the screen during the 10 seconds singing unmasked. I get why they don't do it if the judges had guessed the person at some point earlier, even if it weren't their final guess, because then they would have discussed their thinking outloud. But when the judges are all completely wrong, it's sort of annoying we don't get the blurbs anymore.