Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: The 40k Felon

• Start Topic

Melissa and Donna's tug of war heats up; Joynomi drops 40K on her felon; Asonta finally resurfaces.

Original air date 2023.09.29

Asonta extricates himself from his auntie/girlfriend's thighs and comes back into the daylight.  Raneka's wig will be flying. 

We meet Joynomi who has been with her felon for many years but has never met him. True love is best at a distance and when supported by a spare $40K. 

• Like 1
On 9/23/2023 at 9:38 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

We meet Joynomi who has been with her felon for many years but has never met him. True love is best at a distance and when supported by a spare $40K. 

Selling your grandmother's priceless heirlooms for gas money seems like a new low to me, but perhaps I haven't been paying enough attention to this show?  I am skeptical of the $40k claim.  Not that a medical professional couldn't have that kind of spare cash, but moreso that I don't think Nomnom is making very good decisions about money.

• Like 1

So hilarious that Asonta's auntie/gf was able to figure out that their crappy motel in Shit-stain County doesn't have a designated butler/concierge who calls to make sure they're receiving five-star service and living in the luxury to which they've become accustomed. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 8
6 minutes ago, StevieRocks said:

So hilarious that Asonta's auntie/gf was able to figure out that their crappy motel in Shit-stain County doesn't have a designated butler/concierge who calls to make sure they're receiving five-star service and living in the luxury to which they've become accustomed. 

That just didn't smell right.  Whenever I stay at a modest hotel for work, there's a phone by the bedside.  Every once in a while, they'll call if you ask for towels or coffee or something at the desk and they're out.   I can see a cheaper motel skipping that feature, but I can't see them calling your cell phone rather than just banging on your door.  Besides, I don't recall having to ever *give* my cell phone number to register a hotel room.

I'm not necessarily saying it didn't happen - that PI looked good at social engineering, which, go figure, that's part of the job.  I am saying that the setup was pretty stupid.

• Like 1

Okay maybe I missed something but wasn’t like $1100 of the $3000 from Auntie and wouldn’t Raneka be stealing if she took the whole $3000 for herself?  And I wonder if over $1000 would be a felony.  I think it is for shoplifting.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I’ve said this before but Louie’s mom really is an asshole. I was taught to respect my elders, but she would not speak to me the way she speaks to Melissa. 

On 9/29/2023 at 11:14 PM, anoninrva said:

Selling your grandmother's priceless heirlooms for gas money seems like a new low to me, but perhaps I haven't been paying enough attention to this show?  I am skeptical of the $40k claim.  Not that a medical professional couldn't have that kind of spare cash, but moreso that I don't think Nomnom is making very good decisions about money.

Or parenting. I hate when these people drag their kids into their fuckery. Her son is adorable; her making some dude he’s never met his new dad is not.

I was thinking “Mikey is really hard-looking,” and then they said he’d had two strokes and I felt bad. I do think it’s very sweet that he learned to sign.

”Well, that was awesome!” DEAD. That PI might be one of my favorite secondary characters.

• Like 7
  • Hugs 1
16 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Okay maybe I missed something but wasn’t like $1100 of the $3000 from Auntie and wouldn’t Raneka be stealing if she took the whole $3000 for herself?  And I wonder if over $1000 would be a felony.  I think it is for shoplifting.

Legally, I don't think so. Some of the money was from Auntie but she gave it to Raneka and there wasn't any sort of written contract about what it was for. Ethically, yeah, if Raneka got the money back she probably should return Auntie's portion to her, but I can see where Raneka doesn't feel much obligation to Auntie at this point...

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Legally, I don't think so. Some of the money was from Auntie but she gave it to Raneka and there wasn't any sort of written contract about what it was for. Ethically, yeah, if Raneka got the money back she probably should return Auntie's portion to her, but I can see where Raneka doesn't feel much obligation to Auntie at this point...

I don’t think the meeting of the minds was a gift to Raneka to spend as she pleases.  It was for the sole purpose of bailing out Asonta.  If the money is not used for that purpose it must be returned. 

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

I don’t think the meeting of the minds was a gift to Raneka to spend as she pleases.  It was for the sole purpose of bailing out Asonta.  If the money is not used for that purpose it must be returned. 

I doubt she’ll retain counsel to sue Raneka over the eleven hundy, but yes the right thing to do would be to return it to her to use towards Citrus Asonta’s second bonding-out.

Solid investment for sure.

53 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Perhaps will see Aunt-tay and Raneka on one of the court shows.  Bad wig, loser boyfriend that women threw money at, children caught in the mix, hoopty with a missing window - they'll fit right in. 

Green hair is an underrepresented population. 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Perhaps will see Aunt-tay and Raneka on one of the court shows.  Bad wig, loser boyfriend that women threw money at, children caught in the mix, hoopty with a missing window - they'll fit right in. 

Yeah I was thinking on those daytime court shows they always say you aren’t entitled to self help so Raneka can’t just offset the money against what she spent to relocate etc.  Plus she spent money on Asonta not Auntie.

23 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I doubt she’ll retain counsel to sue Raneka over the eleven hundy, but yes the right thing to do would be to return it to her to use towards Citrus Asonta’s second bonding-out.

Solid investment for sure.

Green hair is an underrepresented population. 

I was wondering if Raneka and Kerok’s mother had the same hairdresser.  

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I'm wondering if Auntie may also be a felon, or in debt or something, and have some legal reason to not be on the paperwork.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah I was thinking on those daytime court shows they always say you aren’t entitled to self help so Raneka can’t just offset the money against what she spent to relocate etc.  Plus she spent money on Asonta not Auntie.

Kerok’s mother is going through chemo (she said in a previous episode that the chemo is causing discoloration in her skin, which is why she covers her face), so I cut her some slack. I really really REALLY hate Raneka’s wig though.

Edited by Empress1
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Kerok’s mother is going through chemo (she said in a previous episode that the chemo is causing discoloration in her skin, which is why she covers her face), so I cut her some slack. I really really REALLY hate Raneka’s wig though.

Yeah but you can get wigs that are not neon.

• LOL 1
17 hours ago, Drogo said:

Or his funeral…

Too soon?

• Wink 1
  • Fire 1
20 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

It’s hard to get an appointment with Roy G. Biv.

16 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah but you can get wigs that are not neon.

Peasant.. 

• LOL 2