Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: In the Cradle of Vexilon

• Start Topic

Ringworld! I was hoping for puppeteers. Also, no, really, they love their computer overlord! I also love a targeted attack weasel. Glad he gets the run of the anomaly deck.

I thought they really found a good balance between following the junior Lieutenants and their issues adjusting to the new roles, with the climate change plot, and Freeman wanting to do this thing she had trained for in college and needing a save. The million year operating system that somehow worked like microsoft was pretty funny.The whole show was based on character, everyone had room to manuever,  but it covered a lot of issues.

• Like 3

We have a computer that has Boimler's personality on a bad day and of course Freeman decides instead of having an engineer fix it she has to do it.  And of course she Judgment Days the computer.   Stupid operating systems update.   

A new Boimler for every season. This season is "Boss Boimler." This is gonna be fun.

"have you completed you confidence boosting ritual?"

"You never forget your first death."

The gang as access the the anomaly storage room.   No good can come of this.   

I want to hear more about the blindfolded saber fights too.    

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

This may have been his second one. In the season 2 finale, when he went to Cetacean Ops to press the release valve underwater to free up the last hull panel on the ship, he wasn't breathing after the whales brought him to the surface. After Tendi successfully performs CPR on him and he wakes up, he mentions that he saw a koala. 

T'Lyn is a fantastic addition to the show. 

• Like 5
8 hours ago, DrScottie said:

T'Lyn is a fantastic addition to the show. 

It's interesting that she coached Bromlier in how to contuct himself as a commander when he now outranks her. 

I love that these characters can learn and grow while still being themselves.

• Like 4
15 hours ago, DrScottie said:

This may have been his second one. In the season 2 finale, when he went to Cetacean Ops to press the release valve underwater to free up the last hull panel on the ship, he wasn't breathing after the whales brought him to the surface. After Tendi successfully performs CPR on him and he wakes up, he mentions that he saw a koala. 

Third death if you count his transporter twin(?)

• Like 4

I’m loving T’Lyn. She’s great with all our Lower Deckers.

I laughed so hard at this.

This was subtle, but I also liked when Freeman rolled up her sleeves to get to work, imitating her own daughter.

That was so cute and gave me all the feels.

Third death if you count his transporter twin(?)

I’ve been wondering about Boimler’s twin. What’s the last we saw of him?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, wanderingstar said:

I’ve been wondering about Boimler’s twin. What’s the last we saw of him?

Nothing since he was resurrected on that Defiant class ship by Section 31 at the end of Crisis Point II. He along with Section 31, Badgey, or Peanut Hamper could be involved that ship that took out the Romulan and Klingon ships earlier this season.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

KInd of a meh episode, overall. Did like that T'Lyn helped Boimler out. She's fitting in surprisingly well for a new character. Was this the first time we heard Taylor and Big Murf's names?

Didn't Boimler die in Paradoxus as well? I can't recall the exchange, but he woke up in Sickbay, thought he'd been dreaming and T'Ana made some offhand remark about being dead.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, DrScottie said:

He along with Section 31, Badgey, or Peanut Hamper could be involved that ship that took out the Romulan and Klingon ships earlier this season.  

I was wondering why that ship didn't make an appearance this episode.

As of which death this has been for Boilmer.  The show is going all in with The Black Mountain and the Koala which LD has only eluded to before.   So I would call this Boilmers first real death.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

As of which death this has been fir Boilmer.  The show is going all in with The Black Mountain and the Koala which I LD as only slides to before.   So I would call this Boilmers first real death.  

He told Tendi he saw a koala after she did  CPR to revive him after he drowned. I think that would count if the Universal Koala is the harbinger of true death.

And that was a sentence I never thought I'd write.

3 hours ago, Cattoy said:

He told Tendi he saw a koala after she did  CPR to revive him after he drowned. I think that would count if the Universal Koala is the harbinger of true death.

And that was a sentence I never thought I'd write.

I loved that the captions said "speaking koala". 

• LOL 1
On 9/18/2023 at 1:45 PM, Affogato said:

I loved that the captions said "speaking koala". 

Someone on Youtube played that clip backwards. Universal Koala said, "It's not your time, Bradward Boimler."

• Like 1
  • LOL 1