Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Ghost in the Machine

• Start Topic

First 2 episodes. Some general thoughts:

They continue to have very loud yelly conversations. Of course with the threats and insults. Who had threats in their drinking game? Talk to you tomorrow (or the next day)!

They love to throw absolutely everything at the screen. Earthquake? Sure. How about a tornado? Okay. Maybe a flood? uhhh. Sure, why not!

News personnel going off rogue to do whatever they want, missing crucial assignments. No problem. Hey we didn't fire them last season. Not going to happen this season. Lets punish them. That will go over well.

Relationships; I cannot believe the cringe involved in these relationships. They cannot get it right. Yikes.

Thanks Julianna, you still have absolutely no chemistry with anyone.

I swear, I am enjoying this. I have no idea why?

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

That's the photo of Stella and Paul Marks, the tech mogul.

"But these tech guys, they are different beast. I'm just saying. I'm from that world. Paul Marks, he's tricky. So if you're going to war, make sure you're not fighting it on two fronts."

- Stella to Cory

DE3AA8C8-8163-4B33-82DF-11FE7C76B8FA.jpeg

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 2

A vicious cyber-attack, a $50 million ransom to be paid within 48 hours, a threat to leak private data and to unveil some of the darkest secrets. UBA team can never rest huh. 🙄

Alex deserves to be punished for her little stunt. After 2 decades in UBA, she still doesn’t know the real Cybil??!

The plot re Bradley’s intimate video leak, it feels repetitive because of what Cory did last season - he outed her to protect both Hannah and his reputations.

Will Laura Peterson be getting a different storyline other than being Bradley’s ex?

Mia is sleeping in the office now? Weird. The guy she’s FaceTiming with, he must be her source in Ukraine. 🤨

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

The plot re Bradley’s intimate video leak, it feels repetitive because of what Cory did last season - he outed her to protect both Hannah and his reputations.

The whole thing is confusing to me.  Is Bradley out now?  And are they suggesting she had sex with Cory in 2021?  Gross.  

On 9/13/2023 at 10:47 PM, juno said:

News personnel going off rogue to do whatever they want, missing crucial assignments. No problem. Hey we didn't fire them last season. Not going to happen this season. Lets punish them. That will go over well.

That was pure Morning Show.  Of course Alex and Bradley blow off their actual assignments to do whatever the heck they want.  I did laugh that Alex's punishment is that she has to do more Morning Shows.  

And I still have anxiety whenever I see the cast or crew of TMS at late night events.  You people need to be up at 3:30 in the morning!  You have to be in bed essentially by sunset, or you will be wrecks at work!     

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 9/15/2023 at 9:45 AM, txhorns79 said:

The whole thing is confusing to me.  Is Bradley out now?  And are they suggesting she had sex with Cory in 2021?  Gross.    

Bradley is out since S02•E06. Hal told her that their mom’s freaking out and really embarrassed about the news.

I didn’t get any impression about Cory/Bradley hookup.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Bradley is out since S02•E06. Hal told her that their mom’s freaking out and really embarrassed about the news.

Thank you!  It's been so long since the show was on that I've basically forgotten the last season except for Alex's stream of consciousness Covid crazy making near death on UBA+. 

• Wink 1

Why is Bradley so freaked out over getting the ransom paid? What is Cory covering up for her? That she slept with a woman?  Isn’t that out there?   I can’t remember what happened last season, and I do not have the stamina to rewatch season two again.

Laura  is still annoying. Cory is still an A class asshole. Stella still can’t act. Bradley is still sanctimonious.  Alex is still a self important egomaniac.  I still actively hate the primary and secondary characters. But I am still watching because I still love Jon Hamm.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Laura  is still annoying. Cory is still an A class asshole. Stella still can’t act. Bradley is still sanctimonious.  Alex is still a self important egomaniac.  I still actively hate the primary and secondary characters. But I am still watching because I still love Jon Hamm.

I actively binged season two over a weekend (I had lost interest early on) when I found out that Jon Hamm was going to be back on my tv.  And I'm glad to know I am not the only one who finds the Stella character odd...it's like the actress is angrily reading her lines from a cue card (ironic).

But now, I do need to find out what the heck is going on between Bradley and Cory, who is indeed an asshole but I love how Billy Crudup chews the scenery with such glee.

• Like 3

I find it interesting that Alex wanting a seat at the table after 20 years as seen as "too much". If Alex was a man would they be seen as wanting "too much"? I love that she unapologetically has an ego, an aura of self-importance and knows her self-worth but those are seen as negative traits in a woman. If Alex was a man would they be seen in the same negative light? 

Happy Chip moved on, and they took the proper steps to file their relationship with HR. Alex's rection to discovering their relationship was expected given everything with Mitch.

There should 100% be consequences for Alex and Bradley, but some things are too important to keep quiet and I'm glad Alex brought Luna's story to air. F that Sheriff trying to silence the press. Move the protesters if they were there without proper permits but do not mess with the press. From my favorite show "You force the press into the cold, and all you will get is lies and innuendo! And nothing, nothing is worse for a free society than a press that is-that is in service to the-to the military and the politicians, nothing!" Emmett Bregman. (Stargate SG:1 S.7E18)

I shared this in my thoughts on episode 1 but I think Bradley and Cory either hooked up or dated.

So Stella and Paul were a thing at some point. Does Paul know Stella works at UBA?

Néstor Carbonell does not age.

• Like 2