Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Season 10 Kickoff

• Start Topic

Honestly not sure if it's an actual episode or just a preview, but my TV guide lists it as "Episode 1", so....

The Season 10 premiere delivers a special celebrity performance and reveal -- one of the biggest unmaskings in the show's history; alumni Michelle Williams, Rumer Willis, Joey Fatone, Bow Wow, Victor Oladipo and Barry Zito pair up for duets.

Good thing this came on early on the West coast otherwise I'd have been annoyed I missed another program since it was pretty much a preview/recap of previous seasons with the duets and the one-off reveal of a celeb who just wanted to do it for the heck of it.

Was I the only one who didn't care for Nicole's rendition of Purple Rain?    It was an odd choice for that segment anyway since it made it come off like some sad goodbye rather than the kickoff to a new season of some lighthearted reality show. 

• Like 5

Disclaimer - I'm old and out of touch. But, while Demi Lovato is certainly talented, how is this the biggest unmasking ever? Other than that, it was fun I suppose. I have no idea what Jenny was wearing, but other than that...

• Like 5

The folks on this show uses "Biggest, greatest, ever" loosely and every single episode.   It loses its effect for me after awhile since every single elimination is the "biggest" reveal ever and every performance is the greatest one ever and is the one to beat.   LOL

Edited by Meedis
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
10 hours ago, Ananayel said:

Disclaimer - I'm old and out of touch. But, while Demi Lovato is certainly talented, how is this the biggest unmasking ever? Other than that, it was fun I suppose. I have no idea what Jenny was wearing, but other than that...

Probably because she's at or near the peak of her singing career, where most of the other contestants either are on the downward slope, or are known mainly for a different field entirely. Or, let's face it, both.

• Applause 1

While I understand that there are many people who don't like Ken (to me, he's like Will Farrell or Carrot Top - you love or you hate,) but I adore him. If we're getting rid of someone, I would suggest Jenny. And replace her with Niecy Nash. I'm "meh" on Rita Ora.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 9/12/2023 at 1:14 PM, Ananayel said:

Seriously. This show had Gladys Freaking Knight on Season 1. Gladys Knight, THE LEGEND who somehow placed third in the competition behind T Pain (who?) and Donny Osmond. I wasn't watching back then, but how does that even happen? In what universe is that possible?

• Like 2