Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: A Weekend at Morrigan Manor / S05.E10: Exit Interview

• Start Topic

Back in June of last year , the show received a double renewal for Season 5 and Season 6 simultaneously. Now, that hypothetical Season 6 (which probably would've started filming around now I suppose) could always be rescinded for strike reasons I guess, but hopefully they'll honor the deal to make another season.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

How many seasons of The Office did they do?

They could milk this mockumentary format.

Strange though, you’d think documentary filmmakers would embed and shoot for a couple of months at most, not years.

Guillermo and some non vampires have obviously aged.

What is the documentary about a vampire’s nest in Staten Island going to be like?

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Phishbulb said:

Back in June of last year , the show received a double renewal for Season 5 and Season 6 simultaneously. Now, that hypothetical Season 6 (which probably would've started filming around now I suppose) could always be rescinded for strike reasons I guess, but hopefully they'll honor the deal to make another season.

I'm late on catching up with these two episodes, but thank you for confirming this. I thought I remembered it had been renewed for 2 seasons, but these series finale comments made me wonder if I was misremembering that it was renewed for 4&5 together, not 5&6. Hopefully FX/ Disney doesn't rescind their early renewal of Season 6 in light of the strikes. That would be awful, not to mention adding insult to injury. 

• Like 3
On 9/14/2023 at 1:55 PM, Phishbulb said:

Back in June of last year , the show received a double renewal for Season 5 and Season 6 simultaneously.

Ah, that's good to know.  So often, you can tell that season finales are written so that they could also be series finales, in case they don't come back.  It must be nice for the writers to be able to go "full cliff-hanger" if they want, though they didn't this time.

• Like 2

Apologies for any panicking I may have caused. I just figured that the season finale would be a good place to end things, because I can’t see any more moves that can be made. I’ll probably be happy to be wrong when S6 rolls around.

• Like 3

No panic here; I was just musing a bit on the fact that we got cliff-hangers for every prior season, but this one really didn't feel like one.  S1 ended with Guillermo discovering he has Van Helsing blood.  S2 ended with him actually slaying a theater full of vampires and declaring "I am Guillermo de la Cruz!"  S3 ended with the weird Baby Colin Robinson creature being "born" and S4 ended with Guillermo asking Derek to turn him.

Each of those made me think "Whoa!  Where will this go?"  But then it was pointed out that this one really felt more like a wrap-up of sorts, a not-bad place to end the series if it turned out that way.  There were even a handful of cameos (the Djinn, the Necromancer, Topher) and appearances by The Baron and The Sire.  So I find it interesting that the writers knew there was a S6 coming, and this time chose instead to not go the cliffhanger route.

I suppose there's Derek who's now a zombie rather than a somewhat lame vampire.

Edited by Orbert
  • Like 3
On 9/2/2023 at 12:46 PM, seacliffsal said:

I really enjoyed seeing the more menacing side of Nandor who was, indeed, a mighty warrior.

Was just gonna say this. The actor (I still don't know his name) was really good at conveying anger/rage/menace. I bet he enjoyed the opportunity to show those chops.

• Like 2