Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: All’s Fair in Love and Downpour

• Start Topic

Like a soggy shrimp on the Barbie, these comments are in order of the episode scenes broadcast…

So, wait, Aesha’s blaming the deck team for the broken glass when clearly that glass was broken earlier when the Interior crew were serving drinks/food?  Way to throw people under the bus… or boat… whatever.

As Bosun, Luke should just own the mistakes of the deck crew and sort them out later.  Making excuses just points to weak leadership.

Tzarina is rescued once again by Captain Jason and his cooking skills.  And on something even less than a George Foreman grill!  This is getting to be a bit redundant. 

On the one hand, Laura volunteers to help a lot, but on the other takes forever to get ready to do so.  She complains about her hair being messy, but there’s nothing wrong with it! 

Culver’s egg show brings up the question – what came first, the Neanderthal or the eggcentric “Entertainment Officer”?  Even Jason is buying into this.

Laura’s attitude to the opposite sex reminds me a bit of Gary (BDSY) and his attitude as well.  She seems to be out to get what she can get and darn the consequences.  At least she’s honest about it.

Culver’s mom is a chef.  Tzarina has commented on how hot she thinks Culver is.  Uh-oh.

How sad is it that Margot’s previous boyfriends didn’t even have morning coffee with her?  Are any of these people normal?

What is with Laura making everyone an hour late for dinner just because she’s sipping wine, cutting her hair, etc.?  Is it some power trip – “I can make you wait for me” kind of thing?

These people are more mixed up than a long island iced tea.  Harry likes Margot.  Margot is upset because Laura is paying attention to Luke.  Tzarina likes Culver.  Culver likes Culver.  Sheesh!

What will happen next week?  Will Tzarina get through a day without Jason cooking as well?  Will Laura take forever to get ready to do her job?  Will Adam challenge Luke to a safety duel?  Stay tuned, if you can stand the wait.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4

That chanting as they brought in the chocolate Easter Egg piñata did not seem to mesh with the Greek theme.  Am I missing something?  I found it very odd.  I would have hung up the egg inside its plastic bag and done the traditional piñata activity.  As the egg broke, all the chocolate pieces would have been captured in the plastic wrap.  (Also, why a piñata on Greek night?)

I think it's cute that Harry and Margot are bonding over morning coffee.  But, I think she has placed him in the friend zone.  Too bad, because player Luke is already making the moves on Laura (and vice versa.) I'm not a Laura fan, and I love that the producers are editing exactly how she wasted the crew's time on their night out.  This is the 2nd time I would  have left her ass and told her to take an Uber.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

Another dumb beach picnic.

Primary said he was ready to go.

For what, rain-soaked and wind-chilled steaks and lobster?  The crew had to hold up the canopy because it was so windy.

No sun so why the canopy?  They didn’t exactly need shade and here’s a hint, the canopy can’t keep out the wind.

But the producers had to film a beach picnic scene despite the coming squall.

Those guests dressed up to go on later tender ride, so they can ride a choppy raft.  You couldn’t even tell if they were in a nice scenic setting because the weather was shitty.

Oh but they have to go on the beach picnic!

Laura really thinks one of these guys will wife her, put a ring on it?  They really have a way to find people down for anything don’t they, especially when it involves putting it out there for TV?

On WWHL, Tzarina noted that Luke really pushes drinks on the crew when they go out.  Multiple shots to loosen people up.

Margot has some chaste kisses with Harry so no amount of shots will get him out of the friend zone.  But Aesha tells her to keep kissing him until her vagina responds.  Umm, I don’t think that’s the way it works?

Booze or kisses?  Or FBoy bravado, which is the best aphrodisiac?  In the BD universe it seems that booze and FBoy behavior are all it takes.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

Tzarina is rescued once again by Captain Jason and his cooking skills.  And on something even less than a George Foreman grill!  This is getting to be a bit redundant.

I'm not sure what was going on here. She was initially told she had an hour and a half to prepare lunch. The Captain moved it up to 40 minutes. I think she had wanted to prepare the steaks (?) a certain way and then wasn't able to. I didn't understand why the Captain said she could start cooking them on the boat. It seemed to be a marinating issue rather than a cooking issue.

10 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

That chanting as they brought in the chocolate Easter Egg piñata did not seem to mesh with the Greek theme.  Am I missing something?  I found it very odd.

It was odd, it was sort of like a caveman chant or something. Not Greek. I think they were mixing up Greek God with Angry Volcano God. The whole thing was stupid. The chocolate egg broke all over the deck, and one of the deckies was picking up pieces and putting them on the table, like the guests were still going to eat them.

10 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I'm not a Laura fan, and I love that the producers are editing exactly how she wasted the crew's time on their night out.  This is the 2nd time I would  have left her ass and told her to take an Uber.  

She is being extremely rude and inconsiderate, and yes they should have left her ass on the boat. I think this speaks to the fact that the entire crew is required to go on these outings and so the other seven are forced to sit and wait until she's ready to go. You have to figure at least one of them asked production if they could just go and leave her and were told "No."

• Like 7

Laura needs two hours to get ready for a crew night out, she looked like shit, is she medicated or something, her talking heads are in slow motion.  I noticed she was actually trimming her hair when she was getting ready, the headband thing was stupid looking, she looked like a sweaty mess at the restaurant, I really don't like her, she wants to make Aesha look bad only to make herself look better but it is not working.  Also, watching her kiss whoever was cringe, it did not look fun.

I hope Aesha manages Laura better and not let her get away with anything.  

The chocolate egg smashing was odd, did the guests eat any of it? Is a chocolate pinata a thing now? They requested it on a Greek themed night? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
32 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Laura needs two hours to get ready for a crew night out, she looked like shit, is she medicated or something, her talking heads are in slow motion.  I noticed she was actually trimming her hair when she was getting ready, the headband thing was stupid looking, she looked like a sweaty mess at the restaurant, I really don't like her, she wants to make Aesha look bad only to make herself look better but it is not working.  Also, watching her kiss whoever was cringe, it did not look fun. 

I'm wondering if Laura took even longer to get ready to make a point. She asked Aesha if she could get off work earlier so she would have more time to get ready.  When Aesha said, "no," Laura probably thought, I can make her change her mind for next time! However, the crew needs to speak up and hold her accountable for her tardiness. I know they were having their own little happy hour while waiting for her, but it was just rude.

Laura is smart, at least partially.  It seems like she should be making a play for the guests, rather than deckies, if she wants to land herself a rich husband.

• Like 4

Either the guests from Sydney are confused about Greek culture and pinatas or more likely the Bravo producers don't understand that pinatas have nothing to do with Greek culture.

Or that pinatas look like big Easter eggs.  In fact the Greeks celebrate their own Easter, under the Orthodox religion.  Not sure they have Easter bunnies and Easter eggs.

I guess Culver was suppose to be like a Greek god or something?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
41 minutes ago, aghst said:

Not sure they have Easter bunnies and Easter eggs.

We definitely have easter eggs, you know, boil and dye them red and after Resurrection we have egg fights 😄
You can also find Choco eggs and bunnies during Easter.
However chocolate eggs are not some special Greek thing.

27 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

As we all are...I am very jealous of you, I'd love to visit all of Greece, islands and all.  

Plz harry up, before our whole country gets burn down....

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 1
40 minutes ago, Zaffy said:

We definitely have easter eggs, you know, boil and dye them red and after Resurrection we have egg fights 😄

Just now, Baltimore Betty said:
40 minutes ago, Zaffy said:

I would hope on a plane tomorrow just for the food!

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Zaffy said:

So they air the show in Greece at the same time they air in the US?

There must be enough people who speak English there who wouldn't need to wait for the show to be translated, dubbed?

• Like 1

I'm about halfway through but I've decided to start my post.  OMG I hate effing Laura.  She takes such liberties.  Once again, she's 26 MINUTES late for her shift, but she's so entitled she doesn't even realize how much she's impacting others.  Margot needs to stop being nice to her, but that's the Wisconny/Minnesota way.

I love it when Aesha says "deck crew" and it sounds like she's saying "dick crew."  I laugh like a 10-year-old every time.  Regarding the dick crew, I don't like that bosun.  Did he make yet another mistake in this episode?  They don't always show who is responsible for what, but ultimately, Luke is responsible for everything.  Leaving broken glass on the deck is such a stupid mistake and that was on Adam.  Oh, and the bosun doesn't give a crap about safety?  That's a really good quality to have right there.  I'm not sure if I want him or Laura to be the person who gets fired.

OK then, Laura just took credit for the Mykonos tablescape, when she had NOTHING to do with it because, once again, she was late.  WOW, she's impressed with herself.  Forgot that she put some kind of green plants into a drinks glass and called it Greek.  Great Work, Jan!

Was that ooh ooh aah aah chant a bit suspect?  What was it supposed to be?  A Greek thing or an Aboriginal Australian thing?  Really stupid.

Awww.  I was the girl with an older and a younger brother.  My auntie told me I was the rose between two thorns.  Made me feel so special.

Finished the episode.  Definitely want Laura to get the boot.  Way to represent Latvia, ya slag.  She's got concrete balls, though, asking Aesha for special permission to take more time to get ready than anyone else, ever (drink, vape, hair cutting, drug taking(?), whatever else she was doing).  While she was making out with Luke, she didn't look drunk to me.  She looked high.  The hate is strong for this one.

• Like 9
43 minutes ago, aghst said:

So they air the show in Greece at the same time they air in the US?

I do not think anyone shows it here, I mean old seasons of the original are in Netflix..
A friend has subscription in a platform that shows BD so I watch the new episodes there. Sometimes with subtitles, although I usually mostly listen  than watch. I guess sometimes I do miss some things :D

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Oosala said:

I love it when Aesha says "deck crew" and it sounds like she's saying "dick crew." 

It's the Kiwi accent.  Aesha is from New Zealand.  Their "e's" to our ear tend to come out as "i's".  Ironically, their "i's" we tend to hear as "u's".  When they say "Fish and Chips" we hear "Fush and Chups".  I spent a few years in New Zealand and was able to observe them, like Gorillas in the Mist.  Or should I say, "Gorellas in the Must".  😊

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

Wasn't it Luke that suggested the stupid chanting? So dumb.  They should have just had Culver bring out the egg. Should have had the girls and maybe guys also dress in togas.

Laura is still dressing like she is on her way to the secretarial pool in the 1960s.  And not like she's going to party.  She sure pushed herself on Luke. But then, he could say no.  He is a fuck boy.  I forget who said that in what episode, but I was thinking the same thing,

• Like 3
18 hours ago, aghst said:

Margot has some chaste kisses with Harry so no amount of shots will get him out of the friend zone.  But Aesha tells her to keep kissing him until her vagina responds.  Umm, I don’t think that’s the way it works?

Paying for an expensive dinner + kisses = yes, that's exactly the way it works! 😄

• LOL 1
17 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Laura needs two hours to get ready for a crew night out, she looked like shit, is she medicated or something, her talking heads are in slow motion.

She absolutely looked like shit considering that was 2 hours of getting ready.  And she did look like a girl in the secretarial pool in the 60s with her weird headband and her short go-go dress.

And I agree, she did not look drunk but very high at dinner.  And she threw herself at the bosun whats-his-name, who I think is trying to be Gray 2.0.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Production and crew aren't even trying to pretend this is a luxury environment that requires attention to detail, hard work, etc. Ironically, the supposedly scintillating drama of drunks and hooking up makes for boring TV. I'm FFing through most of it.

One thing that interests me is that Aesha will probably not make the same mistake as the chief stew on BD Sailing Yacht - canoodling with two crew and having them plus captain treat her like crap while she drunkenly cries and rages in frustration. She walked right into production's trap. Aesha's learned to be smarter than that.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

One thing that interests me is that Aesha will probably not make the same mistake as the chief stew on BD Sailing Yacht - canoodling with two crew and having them plus captain treat her like crap while she drunkenly cries and rages in frustration.

No but she's encouraging Margot to do just that. 

6 hours ago, gaPeach said:

And I agree, she did not look drunk but very high at dinner.

Thank you for validating this.  We both know what high looks like!  Ahem.  It was the '60s!

• LOL 2
15 hours ago, WhiskeyVictor said:
On 8/1/2023 at 1:31 AM, aghst said:

Paying for an expensive dinner + kisses = yes, that's exactly the way it works! 😄

Don't forget the alcohol!  The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.  😉

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Oosala said:

Thank you for validating this.  We both know what high looks like!  Ahem.  It was the '60s

Oh, I only know this from the "After School Specials" in the 70s!  😉

• LOL 5
  • Love 1