Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: This Is Not a Hot Girl Moment

• Start Topic

I'm sad about Gracie/Lily going home. I really, really liked them and was so excited to see them do well. Unfortunately, this was just not their leg, but I'm glad they went out with their heads held high. They were great racers, as well. They just got lost and cost them dearly.

Justin is just awful. He doesn't feel bad about almost quitting ANOTHER task AND tries to blame Jermaine for, I guess, being controlling and needing to take over the task. Well, no shit he had to do that, Justin. You were whining about not being able to do the task! You were two seconds away from quitting! I feel bad for Jermaine, who seems great, that he gets stuck with a whiny quitter who doesn't even feel remorse about it.

I'm glad to see Tyler/Kayleen do well. Kayleen has been beasting the tasks and it's fantastic to see her complete the tasks so quickly. And I'm glad to see Devon/Amanda jump up from the bottom to the middle of the pack.

Now that Gracie/Lily are gone, Ty/Kat are back at the top of my list. I loved Ty's banter with Derek and Jaspal. It did feel more friendly, which was fun.

I really, really liked that small scene at the start where the teams were having that bonfire. It was so great to see them just chat and bond as a group. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Hopefully now that Gracie/Lily are gone, Derek and Jaspal will calm down on their incensant "gotta beat our rivals" narrative they've been creating, because I don't think Ty and Kat play that game like G/L did.

I may be a lone dissenter, but I wasn't that sorry to see them leave. They were competent racers, but there was something about them that bugged me. Gracie's laugh was nails on a chalkboard too.

Kayleen calmly saying "I'm a commercial diver" was great. I was surprised at how many of the contestants had diving certifications.

Jermaine had me in stitches with his line about coming back for the solo edition of the race. He is a saint for how well he's put out with Justin's BS.

8 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

It's not showing up in my pvr for next week (Aug 8th).  did I miss something?  

I don’t have it for next week either, but it shows up the following week.  

I was said to see Gracie & Lily go; they were really growing on me in spite of one of them having a horrific donkey laugh. 

I always thought that when one team member had to do a task, and they picked the person, then that was that. There was no switching. Yet, Jermaine took over the diving task because Justin couldn’t/wouldn’t do it. I was surprised that that was allowed. Because Gracie/Lily was afraid of deep water (sorry, don’t know which one) but they didn’t switch even though it would have gone faster.

16 hours ago, Shermie said:

I was said to see Gracie & Lily go; they were really growing on me in spite of one of them having a horrific donkey laugh. 

I always thought that when one team member had to do a task, and they picked the person, then that was that. There was no switching. Yet, Jermaine took over the diving task because Justin couldn’t/wouldn’t do it. I was surprised that that was allowed. Because Gracie/Lily was afraid of deep water (sorry, don’t know which one) but they didn’t switch even though it would have gone faster.

Was the diving task a detour? In that case, they can switch if only one person needs to perform it. On a road block, there is no switching.