Type keyword(s) to search

Benedict Cumberbatch: Not Your Father's Sherlock

I love that her dress had pockets. 

Thursday is the next big day (after of course the Wednesday Ellen appearance) - that's when Oscar noms are announced.  They are announcing all the nominations live - best actor will be announced at 5:38 a.m. PT. 

• Love 1

I love that her dress had pockets. 

I think she must have inseam pockets put into a lot of her dresses, because she always seems to have them, and it's so hard to find dresses made with them. So sensible! I love it, too. 

• Love 1

Awesome! I'm all alone at the office so I might be able to watch Ellen live and not have to wait until I get home tonight.

I'm watching it now, very cute so far. (And Benedict is a very good sport.)

Edited by rereader2

He was nominated for an Oscar!!!!

Yep! For Best Actor in a Leading Role. The Imitation Game picked up 8 nominations in all, including Best Film and Best Director. Good haul!

(I think Michael Keaton will win, but it's a well-deserved "welcome to the A-list" nod. And anything can happen!)

• Love 1

I also think Michael will win but fingers crossed!

And, double good BC news - the final episode of Cabin Pressure is now (finally!) on sale on US ITunes!  (it might be on sale in the UK too but it is such a pain to switch countries, I didn't check).

Edited by M. Darcy

There's a Fresh Air interview with Benedict on the NPR website--it's a full half hour and I haven't had time to listen to it yet, but going by the bits they quote below, it should be pretty good. (He does seem to do better in long format interviews.)

ETA: I had a chance to listen, and it is very good. (And we find out how he discovered he needs glasses...no, they aren't fakes. :))

Edited by rereader2
  • Love 1

Rolling Stone has an article/interview with Benedict: Benedict Cumberbatch on Cracking 'Imitation Game''s Code.

[i'm ignoring the hysterical articles on the "colored" comment. If you watched the Tavis Smiley interview (which you can see here, it seems pretty obvious Benedict was going for "people of color", tried to combine it with "actor", and it came out wrong. Smiley didn't even blink, and he's not shy about these things.]

• Love 1

I'm assuming he was also at the Oscar nominees lunch but did have time yet to search through all the faces to find him.

I don't believe that he was there.  He is apparently still filming the Sherlock Christmas Special.

• Love 1

Noice! They even got a Toby-stand-in to pose with him.

According to Hollywood Life, Benedict dropped out of "Lost City of Z" because of Doctor Strange.

Neil Gaiman tweeted to let people know that the BBC4's production of "Neverwhere" (in which Benedict was the Angel Islington) was Audible's Deal of the Day...but that was yesterday. It was really good, though, and if I listened to audio books I'd buy it.

Edited by rereader2
  • Love 1

Bendandsnap Splishnsplash will be a presenter at the Academy Awards.

Perhaps he'll photobomb himself!

(It's another "welcome to the crowd" gesture, which is very nice to see. :))

Edited by rereader2
  • Love 1

There's a whole bunch of stuff from the BAFTAs, of course (even though Benedict didn't win). I particularly like this red carpet interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jgMldMkzPo

Clearly, he's not backing away from the racial inequality issue--also seen in most of the other photos/interviews (print and video)/whatevers from the event. Here's a short selection:

People magazine

Daily Mail

Variety

Mirror

Telegraph

(Sophie has wonderful taste in clothes!)

• Love 1

They probably figured they were there anyway for the Oscars (I'm just guessing that they will stay for the entire week).   I did see something on twitter for how to watch it online - I'll go look for it. 

• Love 1

Wedding in the UK on Saturday, LA on Monday--he appeared on Jimmy Kimmel (People has video from the start of it, anyway), and then he did that TimesTalk together with Keira Knightley. I didn't see the live stream, but it seems to be online now here (you have to wait 18 or 19 minutes, I think, before it starts, so you could try just skipping ahead); if it's not working there, they may have it later here, as they seem to be collecting all their Oscar-related interviews there, and it does say "more coming soon"! 

ETA: The full Kimmel appearance is on Daily Motion.

Edited by rereader2
  • Love 1