Type keyword(s) to search

Hijack - General Discussion

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Call me a monster but I was ok with the pilot being killed since this whole thing was his fault in the first place. If he hadn’t opened the cockpit at the threat of his mistress being shot (and literally beat his copilot in the face with a metal pitcher to do it), they could have ended this whole thing at minute one. So, sorry dude. Be better. 

• Like 7

Just binged this one in a few days. It was entertaining but pretty ridiculous. So the whole plot was to get some criminal mastermind out of prison and to make a gazillion dollars/pounds by shorting the airline's stock? So their conspiracy involved multiple people who didn't know about each other, including a couple of doofus goons who didn't realize they had guns with blanks (or did they insist on it, as it appeared they were not really that hardened? I couldn't tell.) And then in the end, the head honcho criminal whose release from prison was the original motive, ends up getting shot in the head by one of his co-conspirators because he wouldn't get off the computer and wanted to keep making more money? Did I get that right? 

Also, I don't believe that the woman who ended up landing the plane would get off scott free. I'm sure those in charge would just say they told her whatever she wanted to hear in order to get her to land the plane. Maybe they drop the charges related to barricading herself in the cockpit but no way she can get off for murdering the pilot. 

And at the end, I kept waiting for the twist that Idris Elba was one of the conspirators who had been put on the plane as a possible insurance that the whole thing wouldn't go too far south. Was there ever an explanation for why he was in Dubai and now heading to see his ex wife when she clearly had moved on? 

Just finished this show and while it was entertaining, I really wish the writing had been tighter. Getting into the cockpit was so stupid. I do not see a pilot actually choosing to let his plane get hijacked because of his mistress. If it had been his child, I could maybe see it, but after 9/11, just no freaking way. Also, because of 9/11, enough passengers would fight back to make it not even matter whether or not the pilot would let hijackers into the cockpit. I think that's what the creator meant when he said hijackings don't happen, because they just don't anymore. If the passengers think their death is imminent, it becomes 200 people fighting for their lives against maybe a handful of hijackers. 

And I could kind of hand wave them letting the plane get to England, but the second they let that plane go over London, they lost me for good. There is no way in hell any government is letting a hijacked plane in the airspace of their biggest city. They seriously could've kept the show entertaining with just a few changes to make it slightly more plausible, even though I still don't think a plane would get hijacked. 

(edited)

I just finished this, and I was confused, too. I thought they referred to him as a suspect, when the doors closed, and then that guy saying if he was going down, so was John (? I’ve already forgotten his name). Sam.  

I do like that the ex-wife’s new boyfriend, was a good guy, and saved their son.  

Edited by Anela