Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E14: ANW Women’s Championship

• Start Topic

Twelve elite female competitors battle across two daunting courses, and the top four advance to race head to head on the Power Tower; the winner takes home $50,000.

Now . . . will any of us watch? I only found out about this special a day or two ago.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

Now . . . will any of us watch? I only found out about this special a day or two ago.

I'm watching...I only knew about it because I saw it in the TV listings, though.

I had to laugh at Megan Rowe's characterization of a game of disc golf as a "mini" cardio session, while watching video of them running across a field to get the disc and do it again. Meanwhile right now all I can handle is a 20 minute walk around my neighborhood.

Hey, did you know Katie Bone is a type-1 diabetic and wears an insulin pump on her arm? I'm not sure if they mentioned it every single time she was on screen.

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Katie Bone . . . damn. Only woman to clear Stage Two, and she’s only 16. She could falter on Power Tower and still come out ahead.

I'm surprised at the vets who went out so early.

The commentary while "Addy" and "Abby" were going against each other had me so confused. They're even wearing the same color shorts.

Edited by ams1001

Katie Bone was really impressive!  I think her years of rock climbing gave her an edge.  I was very happy for her.  

Are Jesse and Chris really planning to get married?  They've been engaged for something like 5 years by now.  

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, mlp said:

Katie Bone was really impressive!  I think her years of rock climbing gave her an edge.  I was very happy for her.  

She really is. (Just to be clear, my earlier snarky comment was directed at Matt & Akbar, not her.)

16 minutes ago, mlp said:

Here's hoping she becomes great enough for Matt & Akbar not to bring up her type-one diabetes over and over. I will say that it's even more impressive she manages to compete at that level while living with that.

58 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I'm surprised at the vets who went out so early.

Indeed. I fear Jessie Graff may have gone past her peak. I liked her ninja home, though. I wonder if she still lives with Sammo Hog.

Wait, so the format this year is "Ninja vs. Ninja"? Are we getting a new spin on Team Ninja Warrior?

• Like 3
4 hours ago, mlp said:

Are Jesse and Chris really planning to get married?  They've been engaged for something like 5 years by now.  

I was also really impressed by Katie! Like everyone else, I wish Matt and Akbar didn’t mention her T1D every 15 seconds. Yes, her competing with the illness is incredible but how many times do we need to be reminded? 

Agreed on Jesse and Chris’s 5 year engagement. Has it been 5 years or does it just feel like 5? Maybe Jesses waiting to get that pool she wants. Did she ever get the pool? 

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Frisky Wig said:

Agreed on Jesse and Chris’s 5 year engagement. Has it been 5 years or does it just feel like 5? Maybe Jesses waiting to get that pool she wants. Did she ever get the pool? 

She has a post on her instagram page that says:

“When are you guys getting married?”
Well maybe next year! we will probably just be engaged forever... we might just go sign papers at town hall...we might have a huge wedding in the east coast.. we might just have a small one with immediate family and take photos and dinner....these are the answers you may get depending on the day. Soooo we have no freaking idea.
But what I do know, I love this guy a lot and we don’t have to get married to be this happy ❤️

That was from October of 2020...she's got more recent pictures of them together and they still look ridiculously happy.

• Like 2
On 5/29/2023 at 9:54 PM, Lantern7 said:

Here's hoping she becomes great enough for Matt & Akbar not to bring up her type-one diabetes over and over. I will say that it's even more impressive she manages to compete at that level while living with that.

Indeed. I fear Jessie Graff may have gone past her peak. I liked her ninja home, though. I wonder if she still lives with Sammo Hog.

Wait, so the format this year is "Ninja vs. Ninja"? Are we getting a new spin on Team Ninja Warrior?

I'm so sorry that Jessie Graff didn't go any further and suspect that injuries are catching up with her.  Also, was wondering where Megan Martin was until they showed her.  

I think this is the continuation of the Ninja Kids takeover.  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, MsVixen said:

I'm so sorry that Jessie Graff didn't go any further and suspect that injuries are catching up with her.  Also, was wondering where Megan Martin was until they showed her.  

Megan was co-hosting a climbing competition show filmed in Spain that streamed on HBO Max earlier this year. Must have been in production when this episode was filmed.

• Useful 1

I will say about Jessie that she has competed in the original Japanese version of American Ninja Warrior, Sasuke, most recently in the tournament that aired in December 2022. There, she

Spoiler

cleared the first stage, one of 24 of the 100 contestants to do so, only three of them women.

Sasuke at this point is not as difficult as ANW, and the field of 100 isn't a strict meritocracy, but I still consider that a pretty good accomplishment for Jessie, showing that she's still a capable Ninja. She's 3 for 3 in clearing the first stage in Japan, even having gone as far as the third stage once. Sasukepedia link.

• Like 1