Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Dr. Michael Abani

• Start Topic

Dembe reflects on his complicated past when he receives a concerning call from an old connection; an ambitious congressman begins to question the task force's operations.

Airdate: May 13 / 23

(edited)

Red needs 5 minutes to frame this congressman as a traitor / thief / pervert... threat neutralized... 

ETA: Especially anyone from Billions or  Netflix DareDevil

Edited by paigow
  • LOL 3

Cooper totally said "soft and cuddly" because Agnes was still in earshot and he doesn't think she's ready to hear "are you fucking kidding me?!?!" yet (although since she's Lizzie's kid she must have heard that a few times by now). I kind of love that the FBI is looking all over creation for Reddington and he's at Cooper's friggin' house eating ice cream and watching movies.

I'm not really sure how a black budget secret FBI task force works but I'm pretty sure it's not on the basis of "what have you done for me lately?" I feel like they would get a set amount of money every year. It might make more sense for them to be in financial trouble because they are spending too much trying to teach Ressler how to hit a target or putting ads on milk cartons for missing animals or something like that and they've blown the budget halfway through a fiscal year and they're asking for more. But black budgets are black. Congressman So-and-So would not have paperwork that describes a secret thing in just vague enough terms to get the ball rolling on some loud public questions. That would defeat the entire purpose. How it is listed on the paperwork? EXPENSIVE SECRET FBI SHIT (valid through Q2 only), DON'T ASK ANY QUESTIONS?

Speaking of budgets, there didn't really seem to be one for this episode. We had a lot of scenes suggesting a lot of globe hopping except it was mostly people talking indoors. For all the talk of the doctor's imminent execution, we never saw the people who were holding him except for their brief appearance at the beginning.

And speaking of brief appearances, hey Siya, go away for a while, we don't need you for this one. Like, at all. Thanks! Maybe they pay her by the minute and since they are trying to save on money...

Chalk up another suspect collaring fail for Ressler, who is driving a big FBI SUV with the lights on and everything and somehow still manages to arrive behind Reddington who really shouldn't have had much of an idea of what was going on and who probably got there in a goddamned Uber.

Then again, I feel like this whole thing was manipulated by Reddington perhaps to put Dembe back on Team Red. It is weird that "Dr. Michael Abani" is a Blacklister. He was a patsy for the real villain so why put him on the list at all? Because then it wouldn't have been a shocking reveal when the only other character who could be the bad guy turned out to be the bad guy!

• Like 2

That was a really dull episode.

How Dr. Michael Abani got a Blacklist number (No. 198) I have no idea -- seriously, his crime was someone else used his name to open a bank account that was used for weapons payments.  That's pretty weak even by Blacklist standards -- and that list includes the Kings of the Highway.

Looks like the only reason for this episode was to give Dembe a backstory -- and I have to say it was a pretty tame backstory at that.

I hope this Congressman sub-plot isn't some setup for a clip show episode while Harold testifies in front of a sub-committee.  So many episodes seem to be filler this season, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Cooper's home security is just the worst -- he's not out the door for 5 seconds and Reddington comes in the other side of the house.
You would think he would have set the home alarm system since he was leaving a mildly sick child home alone.

Still no sign of mention of the dogs, Robert Vesco's cat, or Sierra the cat.

• Like 2

Didn't we already have some sort of Dembe back story?  Oh well, more filler eps in your final season isn't great.

And yes, no congressman should know about some supposedly off the books black site but whatever show.

They are spending an awful lot of time having Red visit Agnes.

• Like 2

So, did Dembe's former squeeze call Red before she went to confront her boyfriend's business partner? Because otherwise...who rescued her when Rapweasel attacked her? Ressler got there after it was over. And if she was rescued by one of Red's teams...how long has she known Red? Was it before or after she met Dembe? So many questions that I know will never be answered.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, NeenerNeener said:

And if she was rescued by one of Red's teams...how long has she known Red?

Red must have owned the bar in Marseille.. she was paid to spy on Dembe... unfortunately, she was the precursor to Tom Keen... Red makes brilliant plans with only one weakness... Love... 

• LOL 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, edhopper said:

Isn't Cooper married?

Yes. She used to get some screen time, but is now part of the Maris Crane Society.

Edited by paigow
  • LOL 6
On 5/15/2023 at 1:04 PM, milkyaqua said:

And yes, no congressman should know about some supposedly off the books black site but whatever show.

When the government bookkeeper is the great-great-grandson of the guy that worked for Capone, these things happen

• LOL 1
On 5/15/2023 at 5:14 PM, Neiman said:

I really like Dembe and appreciate that they wanted him to have some screen time...

Saved By The Red: College Years 

• LOL 1