Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Colonial Interference

• Start Topic

9eab3fda-dbd8-4206-bfe5-1146e9579f3c?bas
Someone from his past reaches out to Clive. Tyler tries to push things with Alison. Emily and Josh’s relationship is challenged as she continues to search for answers. Emily and Sunita clash over her growing obsession.

Premiere Date: May 10, 2023    Hulu  

Emily is really starting to make some very poor choices. I am not sure why her nice friend had to get fired because of her obsession, but that really sucks for her. 

Josh seems smart. I am not sure what he realized about Clive at the restaurant at the end, but he knows something is wrong.

I think that other college girl at the resort is the one that killed Allison. If there is not a twist, I feel like this is all pointless.

• Like 5

I guess that Sunita was responsible for the project that Emily had been assigned by Sunita to complete, so the higher up boss fired both of them for being a failure as a team.  😭

Interesting theory that the other college girl killed Alison, but why, except for the reason being that age-old thing called jealousy?

Edwin really started being a little creep in this episode.

It's funny that Clive never saw Emily lurking about at the Colonial Interference exhibit!

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

I guess that Sunita was responsible for the project that Emily had been assigned by Sunita to complete, so the higher up boss fired both of them for being a failure as a team.  😭

Interesting theory that the other college girl killed Alison, but why, except for the reason being that age-old thing called jealousy?

Edwin really started being a little creep in this episode.

It's funny that Clive never saw Emily lurking about at the Colonial Interference exhibit!

The motive for other college girl being the killer would be jealousy, yes. Plus she seems a little unstable and her mother referred to some kind of past troubles.  I am not sure what Edwin's motive would be either, other than if Alison turned down sex? He's a bit of a creep, but I haven't gotten killer vibes.

I really thought Clive was going to see Emily multiple times at that exhibit. She is very bad at being sneaky.

• Thanks 1
(edited)

OK, let’s recap on all the clues and red herrings that have been thrown at us so far:

• Alison did a terrible job in hiding her double flings. Tyler got aggressive with her, she rejected him and wanted to be just friends. Edwin was watching from afar.
  • Edwin was planning to hook-up with Alison on the last night of her vacation.
  • Tyler’s father asking emotional Tyler whether he lied to the cops as planned.
  • Olivia crying, said she has made a terrible mistake.
  • Creepy Ethan refused to join the search party, couldn’t care less about it.
  • Edwin started packing, ready to leave the island.
  • Gogo running in the dark, away from the search party.
  • Adult Tyler told Emily that Edwin was deceitful & manipulative and Gogo will do whatever Edwin asked him to do.

I’d be so pissed if the show decides not to reveal who the killer is and leave it up to our own interpretation.

Pregnant Dana wearing Alison’s shorts, expressively seducing Ethan, that’s next level of creepiness. They’re two peas in a pod. 😣

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Olivia crying, said she has made a terrible mistake.

She actually said 'we,' while talking to Wes (I think that's the name of the guy who isn't Tyler) so maybe she asked Wes to kill Alison.

Was the actor playing teen Tyler also playing adult Tyler? It didn't look like it but they have the same actor playing both Clives so I wasn't sure.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

She actually said 'we,' while talking to Wes (I think that's the name of the guy who isn't Tyler) so maybe she asked Wes to kill Alison.

Yes, it’s Wes.

Olivia seemed to have a girl crush on Alison.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Was the actor playing teen Tyler also playing adult Tyler? It didn't look like it but they have the same actor playing both Clives so I wasn't sure.

Teen Tyler was played by Caleb Lowell.

Charlie Bodin played adult Tyler.

• Useful 2
10 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I’d be so pissed if the show decides not to reveal who the killer is and leave it up to our own interpretation.

I haven't watched it yet, because I'm afraid that's where this is going. That it will be more about Emily's healing, along with Gogo, in the present, than about finding her killer. 

They have this long list of suspects, I do hope they come up with who really raped and killed her.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I will be very pissed as well. I hate when writers pull bullshit like that and don't write an end. If you are going to write something and put it out there for people to see, have the guts to finish your story.

• Like 3

First things first - why is everyone in that resort obsessed with Alison . I don’t particularly find the actress pretty but even so , EVERY single guy wants her so badly ? Come on . 

How long is this vacation ? I thought I heard 1 week but seems like at least 3 weeks . 

Did I miss why that creepy guy is so obsessed with Alison and will only have sex with his pregnant wife if she dresses up like her ? What in the actual hell ? 

Emily reminds me so much of the lead actress from the show “Maid”,  Margaret Qualley. 

• Like 6