Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E19: Fire Drill

• Start Topic

Jamie partners with the FDNY to find the arsonist responsible for a massive fire at an NYPD evidence storage facility. Also, Danny and Baez feel the ripples of the storage facility fire when all the evidence against a cartel leader Danny brought to justice is destroyed; Anthony asks Erin to let him lead on a murder case when his friend is killed; and Eddie asks Frank to put her on modified duty following her divisive arrest of an anti-cop protestor at a rally, on BLUE BLOODS, Friday, May 5 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+

I picked out the arsonist at his first appearance. And Jamie is a better detective than Danny. Didn't punch anyone, didn't throw anyone in a car trunk, just kept methodically asking questions, going through the evidence. Boring. ;-)

And Eddie was right that she needed to avoid the appearance of conflict of interest. But it was all downhill after that. CCRB is somewhat toothless, and her union lawyer would have been all over the fake lawsuit. They didn't need Grandpa Teeth to come to the rescue.

I do like how much Eddie has grown to love and trust Frank.

• Like 6

I hope that’s the end of the drug lord. I’m used to enjoying Carlos Gomez in good guy roles, where he’s handsome, witty, charming and a good friend. Can’t really buy him as the big bad, ordering hits left and right.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, kwnyc said:

I picked out the arsonist at his first appearance. And Jamie is a better detective than Danny. Didn't punch anyone, didn't throw anyone in a car trunk, just kept methodically asking questions, going through the evidence. Boring. ;-)

And Eddie was right that she needed to avoid the appearance of conflict of interest. But it was all downhill after that. CCRB is somewhat toothless, and her union lawyer would have been all over the fake lawsuit. They didn't need Grandpa Teeth to come to the rescue.

I do like how much Eddie has grown to love and trust Frank.

I think Eddie’s case would have been a Corp Counsel case, as the City was sued.  The plaintiff would have had to file a notice of claim before suing. They would have had the plaintiff in for a 50(h) questioning. But they would likely not have started out surveiling her so quickly. Nor would they have set her up by letting the air out of her tires. 

• Like 1

Re: Anthony and his witness. What a load of crap! Any seasoned investigator shows up with a 6-pack photo array and enough sweet talk to get he witness to make an I.D. There are virtually no such things as in-person lineups anymore. It's not the 1920s!

Danny and his jailhouse informant--good ghods. Have everything ready and put him into federal protective custody the instant he agrees. Next stop the witness protection plan.

CBS procedurals are so predictable now. Unless the character is a main cast member, the perp will always be the older/experienced caucasian male. Bank on it.

• Like 4
On 5/6/2023 at 12:44 PM, kwnyc said:

CCRB is somewhat toothless, and her union lawyer would have been all over the fake lawsuit.

Yeah, I mean, what in the what? "I'd have to follow the CCRB decision." Come on, dude. 

Plus, of course, the unnecessary "Everyone knows CCRB is anti-cop!" line. 

• Like 2