Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E19: Dead Memories

• Start Topic

Synopsis:

When wrongly accused former suspect Gene Farrow (J.P. Manoux) enters the Crime Lab covered in blood, wielding a cleaver and looking for Allie Rajan, the CSI team investigates his peculiar story about a macabre party with a fatal ending.

Airdate: May 4, 2023

CSI Vegas S02 E19 - Pic 1.jpg

CSI Vegas S02 E19 - Pic 2.jpg

CSI Vegas S02 E19 - Pic 3.jpg

CSI Vegas S02 E19 - Pic 4.jpg

CSI Vegas S02 E19 - Pic 5.jpg

CSI Vegas S02 E19 - Pic 6.jpg

CSI Vegas S02 E19 - Pic 7.jpg

• Like 1

I am with Beau from the beginning - team It’s Gene. That guy is creepy AF.

I don’t understand why the writers need to squeeze in Josh’s personal drama into this episode. First, his bro, then his mom? Gosh, we don’t care.

The writers are well aware that this is Greg’s last episode, why not give that airtime to Greg instead. His soft introduction has missed the mark and his overall return is quite underwhelming. There’s not enough Greg Sanders. Am gonna miss his banter with Penny.

For more drama, Max is going to promote Josh while he’s struggling with personal issues. Great… just great! 🙄 

• Like 4

Yes, don't understand the sprinkling in of veteran cast members and not fully integrating them into the stories.

I figure Josh is definitely getting the promo and while I like Lolita Davidovich, I'm not interested in any more Josh drama.  Between his current girlfriend, moonie Allie and now his screwed up mother who of course we'll see again because what now, she's doing drugs...  That's all Josh overkill.

As for Gene, there's a reason folks always say that criminals aren't all that bright.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The cop couldn't tell a live person from a mannequin/doll?????? Did he not notice an open window & close/lock it so that it would make it more difficult for her to escape? Granted, he didn't realize she was there, but still... Even if he couldn't close it (must leave the scene as is?), he didn't even look out it to see if she was on the fire escape or currently running away from the scene! For that matter, the CSIs didn't bother looking either, just "I guess she escaped"! And, if the window was closed when he was looking ("all clear"), wouldn't the now open window be a clue that (a) she must have been in there & so he didn't do his job properly and (b) perhaps she's still close by and can be caught?

As to the CSIs looking at the photos of "aunt at party", couldn't they tell she was dead (or at the very least unconscious)? I could!

I, for one, when Max was told "run the lab & don't do fieldwork. Get an assistant", thought (a) can this shrink tell the same thing to Olivia Benson over on SVU and (b) the assistant was going to end up being Greg. But no (unfortunately on both counts).

• Like 3

That creeped me out when the lady got away with being a doll. Weren't the police even shown a picture of the suspect?

Gene put himself through a lot of trouble and pain to try to pull that off. Just bury her in the cellar and call it a day.

• LOL 2

Yeah, what a waste of Eric Szmanda. Whenever I see him in the opening credits of reruns of the original CSI I call him Greg Hojem Sanders courtesy of Donna, the genealogy lady. Plus it's fun to say.

And I'm really getting to dislike Serena. I don't think she's a good fit with Josh and I'm getting a nasty vibe from her. I felt that when she was interrogating Gene and even though she was right about him I still didn't like her attitude. It reminded me a little of how Jim Brass sometimes was, but I liked him

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, chicagofan said:

Yeah, what a waste of Eric Szmanda. Whenever I see him in the opening credits of reruns of the original CSI I call him Greg Hojem Sanders courtesy of Donna, the genealogy lady. Plus it's fun to say.

And I'm really getting to dislike Serena. I don't think she's a good fit with Josh and I'm getting a nasty vibe from her. I felt that when she was interrogating Gene and even though she was right about him I still didn't like her attitude. It reminded me a little of how Jim Brass sometimes was, but I liked him

I'm the exact opposite. I really like Serena and think she's good with Josh. I just can't warm up to Allie. She's okay with Max but the less I see of her the better. I'm sure you'll be happier in the long run than I will, though🤣.

• Like 3

I'm of the opinion that Josh should remain single and both Allie and Serena could do better. And I like Josh. I just hate watching in-office relationships on this show.

I liked the mystery of the week, but it was a little cliché that weirdo Gene turned out to be a killer. I wanted him to be a weirdo who was innocent so Allie and Serena could see they shouldn't judge a book by its cover. 

I'm glad Beau is still in the field and Chris Park was back.

What a waste of Greg Sanders. I've wanted them to bring Nick back, but after watching the terrible storylines they've given the OGs, I'm changing my mind. 

• Like 4

Speaking of wasting OG characters like Greg, Catherine has seemingly disappeared the back half of this season. Granted the writing for her in the first half of the season wasn’t great. She still appears in the credits so presumably she’s getting paid so good for her I guess .

• Like 2

My favourite characters are Beau and Penny. I think they both have the vibe of the original cast. I don't mind Josh and Chris, but Allie and Serena I just haven't vibed with for some reason. I do wish they'd use Catherine and Greg more.

Yes, and they just found cash - $5000 IIRC, but no gems. Gene was torturing and ultimately killed his aunt? in an attempt to find where the gems his uncle? supposedly had were. But she wouldn't or couldn't (due to memory problems) tell him. Killing her was an "accident".