Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: First Ladies

Frances Cleveland becomes the youngest first lady ever, Edith Wilson runs the country after Woodrow Wilson's stroke, and Dolley Madison saves several artifacts from destruction.

Guest stars: Courteney Cox as Edith Wilson, Casey Wilson as Dolley Madison, Bobby Moynihan as Grover Cleveland, and Alia Shawkat as Frances Cleveland.

Narrators: Jenny Johnson, Jen Kirkman, Molly McAleer

Pretty good episode, not laugh out loud funny but interesting. Was Derek in a gay bar on tonight's show because a couple of those guys were out there.

Anyway, my least favorite was the Edith Wilson story. The narrator was about the drunkest person I've ever seen on this show and it made the segment ineffective. It was a waste of Courtney Cox. Kudos to her for attempting the lip synch of that very drunk story telling.

Edited by HelenBaby
  • Love 2

I loved this episode, thought it was one of their best. All three stories are good ones, though probably not that obscure (I learned about Edith Wilson's awesomeness from the "Backstairs at the White House" miniseries), and the narrators were certainly drunk enough to make for lots of entertaining lip-synching.

• Love 2

I thought this was probably the best of this season.  All three ladies, Alia, Courtney and Casey, knocked it out of the park, and the narrators were just as awesome.  

Please Comedy Central, renew Drunk History for ever and order more episodes per season.  Also, require that a narrator's pet is in at least one story per episode. 

• Love 4

I enjoyed this ep, too. I didn't know the story about Francis Cleveland. Pretty awesome. I knew about Edith Wilson, and I guess I've heard the story about Dolly Madison. That was probably my least favorite simply because the story itself, imo, wasn't that interesting.

However, everyone did a great job. 

I didn't know the story about Francis Cleveland. Pretty awesome.

I didn't know about Francis Cleveland either.

When "Dolly Madison" said, "No we are not going to roll up the portrait of George Washington. It's not a Jimi Hendrix poster", I was on the floor. 

• Love 4

I just didn't like the first narrator. Way way way too many like, basically, like like like. There was like basically no dialogue for like the actors to use, basically.

The stories were good though.

• Love 1

Can someone help me? I'd like to see this episode because of Paget Brewster, but the schedule is wonky. IMDB says it comes on at 2:15 this afternoon, but the CC website says it was supposed to be on at 11:15. Police Academy is on instead, and while they're both remarkably useful they're hardly interchangeable. I are confused.

Can someone help me?

It's streaming on the website (or the app) if your TV provider participates in such things.

Paget also narrated in the Baltimore episode (S02E04) and last season's Detroit episode (S01E06); both are on the site and the first season is also on Amazon Prime.

• Love 1

Floved when the British were attacking the White House in the Dolly Madison segment, and Derek took out his smart phone and started taking pictures of the soldiers. I agree that the second narrator was beyond shitfaced, but how great was it when she fell over at the end, got back up and said, "when do you start filming?"

• Love 1

If anyone's interested, Derek Waters was interviewed on Sklarbro Country a couple weeks ago (on iTunes or Earwolf.com).  Origin story of Drunk History is discussed, as well as Derek's almost fangirl worship of Eddie Vedder.  He's very funny,in a kind of goofy shy way,  and has some great inside stories of hanging out with SNL cast members, after parties, etc. 

He also mentioned Seasons 1 and 2 are out on dvd together, around end of year.  

• Love 1