Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Battle of the Saved

• Start Topic

Medusa's firsst performance was good but mostly because I heard the background vocals. LOL. Couldn't really hear her as much. She does put a lot of emotion into her performances. Before the show, I just had a feeling that she would win tonight since the judges love her.

Lou Diamond Phillips was so fun to see. He's so funny and he was just great after he was revealed too. Love that he sang La Bamba.  He just seemed really into it after some big names just seem to stand there and then not stay for the rest.

Don't know the football player but he had a pleasant voice and he was very gracious on his reveal too.

• Like 7

I can't stand the Medusa and I think she was the worst of the three.  I used to think she was Fergie, but Fergie isn't this bad.  This woman's voice isn't great, and she tries to cover it up by screaming/shouting singing.  It's annoying.  That long note she held just to show she could?  Irritating.  Jumping around and shaking all of her snakes like she drank too much caffeine?  Stupid.

I wish Lou Diamond Phillips had advanced, I think he was the best of the three.

Kudos to Keenan Allen.  I love seeing non-singers do well on this show and I felt bad for him when he said he didn't want to go home.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

I didn't really care for any of them last night to be honest; but I think a large part of it came down to song choices; none of them seemed to get a good song. 

And doing the showdown with Fallout Boy's song was a disservice to the singers and to Fallout Boy. That group's got such a distinctive sound and rhythm built into their music that trying to do it in different styles like the showdown is meant to do, leaves them as a muddled mess like we saw. 

I stopped watching the show midway through this season but still come here to see what I missed.  Which is usually nothing.  I think the show has run its course.  Seeing Dick Van Dyke this season was a treasure, but I don't know who most of the D-list people are.  And I call BS on the judges being able to pinpoint these random people on just a couple of vague clues.  That said, I thought Medusa in her previous showings was crap.  But she was designated as the darling so she'll end up in the final, if not the final victor.  Yes, I gave up.

• Like 1
On 4/28/2023 at 3:45 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I love Medusa lol. She's my favorite of those left. At least, I think she is. I don't really remember the others except the sushi or whatever, who are clearly Pentatonix but they don't sound very good here for some reason.

I didn't think Pentatonix was good in their first performance but were good when they showed the finalists and extra clues. The other two are Macaw and UFO.

Medusa was good here although as I previously mentioned, I mostly heard the background singers.  I didn't like her in the episode with Debbie Gibbons. She was really off key in that episode.

The problem is that singers are sometimes forced to sing outside their wheelhouse especially in the battles where they have to sing the same song. It makes sense because if Lou Diamond Phillips sang La Bamba while he was masked, all the judges and most audience members would know it was clearly him.

• Like 1