Type keyword(s) to search

Judge's Chambers: The Off-Topic Discussion Thread

The Kings, producer Tom Humphrey and Julianna were on The Writer's Room on Tuesday night (Sundance channel) and I was looking forward to some refreshing honesty. Most of it was bullshit and lies. I created the topic here, since there is a forum for that show on this site.

As a contact lens wearer, scenes like Cary's arrest and booking this past week always make me wonder:  what happens in that situation if you need to remove your lenses and you don't have your eyeglasses and contact lens case with you when you are hauled off?  :-) 

• Love 3

Fortunately things like this happening are exclusive to Cook County.  Can you imagine if this stuff were to be happening all across jurisdictions thoughout the US?  That'd be awful.

But again, save your fire....it is only Cook County where politics and other nasty stuff happen. Sleep easy the rest of country.

• Love 1

Re Chicago elections:  I just returned from voting in the mayoral run-off election -- the only other race on my ballot was for ward alderman, which was also a run-off.  I live in a pretty densely populated northside neighborhood, where many voters are within a short walk of the polling place.  At 6:50, when the polls had been open since 6 am, I was only the 7th person to cast a ballot in my precinct.  A canvasser outside said they expected a low turnout -- and this is for freakin' MAYOR!

• Love 2

Re Chicago elections:  I just returned from voting in the mayoral run-off election -- the only other race on my ballot was for ward alderman, which was also a run-off.  I live in a pretty densely populated northside neighborhood, where many voters are within a short walk of the polling place.  At 6:50, when the polls had been open since 6 am, I was only the 7th person to cast a ballot in my precinct.  A canvasser outside said they expected a low turnout -- and this is for freakin' MAYOR!

My polling place is in my building here in Chicago and there are 200 potential voters just in my building. Guess what, hardly anyone votes even though they don't have to leave the building to do so. I haven't voted yet but I'll chime in here about the number of voters who showed up as of noon today just to give everyone an idea how sad the situation is here.

ETA: I was number 29 when I went down to vote just now. (I'm a writer so I get to work out of my house.)

• Love 2