Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E00: Meet the Queens

• Start Topic

Hope it's OK to post this now, promo video is out.

For me:

LOVE! - I hope this is the final 3.

• Heidi N Closet
  • Jimbo 
  • Mrs. Kasha Davis

NEUTRAL - I can tolerate them but wouldn't want to see them win over my faves.

• Alexis Michelle
  • Jaymes Mansfield
  • Jessica Wild
  • Kahanna Montrese
  • Lala Ri
  • Monica Beverly Hillz
  • Naysha Lopez

HATE!! - Let these girls be the first out please.

• Darienne Lake
  • Kandy Muse

• Like 5

I was all set to enjoy this season as the video commenced(Jessica Wild, Heidi & Jimbo are my loves & I like the other queens) but then Kanye Muse appeared. Sigh. I guess I can mute her like I did during her season.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, Starchild said:

Hope it's OK to post this now, promo video is out.

For me:

LOVE! - I hope this is the final 3.

• Heidi N Closet
  • Jimbo 
  • Mrs. Kasha Davis

NEUTRAL - I can tolerate them but wouldn't want to see them win over my faves.

• Alexis Michelle
  • Jaymes Mansfield
  • Jessica Wild
  • Kahanna Montrese
  • Lala Ri
  • Monica Beverly Hillz
  • Naysha Lopez

HATE!! - Let these girls be the first out please.

• Darienne Lake
  • Kandy Muse

Aw, I don't hate anyone, and certainly not in this cast. I'd love to see what Darienne has been up to in the decade since she's been on the show, and she looked great in her entrance look. As did, I might add, Alexis and Monica. And Jessica -- wow!

I loved/hated/was puzzled by Jimbo's entrance look, which is probably the correct response and the one that she was seeking. She's without a doubt one of the smartest people to have walked on to that set, and I sort of loved the way she's taking her "I'm on a cruise!" narrative after UKvsW right onto this show. Forget about Kandy -- that is pure chaos right there, and in the best way possible. I'm glad that Jaymes was in on the joke.

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, davidcalgary29 said:

Aw, I don't hate anyone

Well, not hate in the sense that I wish them any real harm.

But when I saw them last, they were unkind to other, vulnerable queens, and I just don't like watching that.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

If Kandy is the first out, it will be fine. Lots going for it. But if she's not, well, this will be a fitting followup to the disaster of a regular season that just ended (though it had a worthy F2.)

• Like 1

I love Darienne Lake and am glad she's back in the spotlight. And with Mrs. Kasha Davis! Who was just one of my favorite personalities. And Jimbo is, of course, the mostess. I feel like it's Jimbo's season to lose, but watch out for Darienne and Kandy Muse. They're both skilled performers, and Darienne was always very glam. Personally, watching Alexis Michelle be awkward with everyone is enough for the price of entry.

I hope LaLa Ri gets to lipsync a lot. I hope Heidi makes it to the end just because she's a delight. I hope Jessica Wild is the real wild card. And Kahanna, well, someone's gotta be the first....yes, even with Jaymes Mansfield in the mix. (Who does seem to have gotten better in front of the camera a bit if season 14 was any indication.) Nayasha Lopez, I'm also pretty neutral on, and wouldn't be sad to see her leave earlier than later.

The real mystery is how Monica Beverly Hillz will perform. It's been ages since she was on the show, and she was just coming out at that time. A Monica who's been living her truth for a decade should be a very different contender, and I'll never forget her Rhianna lipsync. I don't have paramount+, so I'll be following along in recaps, but fingers are crossed she's out of her head and on her game.

19 hours ago, Starchild said:

BTW has Jimbo had significant plastic surgery, or am I being tricked by the makeup?

I think it's just the paint. Jimbo's makeup has graduated from "busted" to "disturbing".  I love the fact that she's taken her glam glowup in a direction that is scarier than most dedicated horror queens could ever achieve.

• Like 1

Wow!  The glow ups are amazing!  

Entrance Looks:   Loved, loved, loved Kahanna's look, enjoyed Heidi's and Alexis Michelle's looks. Monica could be referencing Troop Beverly Hills.

Promo Looks:  Top Look for me was Jimbo- stunning!  I loved so many others:  Naysha, Darienne, LaLaRi, Kahanna, Alexis, Kandy, Jessica Wild and MKD.

I'm so excited that this is such a diverse group of queens. I think we will be thoroughly entertained this season!  Can't wait!

• Like 2