Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E18: I Could See The Writing On The Wall

DanaK
  • Start Topic

04/05/2023 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Dr. Grace Song launches her pilot program, giving the E.D. a technological facelift. As his health worsens, Archer clashes with Charles on a patient faking paralysis. Hannah helps a pregnant mother with a heart condition.

Sad about the mom dying after giving birth.

Weird case with that guy who wanted to be paralyzed and then refused surgery which then will likely make him paralyzed. But at the same time, surgery is risky so I can see Dr. Charles thinking he’s competent

Jack is going to try to make Chicago Med for-profit, which I thought it already was

• Like 1

I like that they featured Body Integrity Identity Disorder. It’s a fascinating illness. 

That’s so sad about Hannah’s back story. I’d like to hear more about how that and her anger at her mom influenced her addiction. 

I’ve watched enough medical shows over the years to know that it gets loud in hospitals all the damn time. Doctors raise their voices because they need to. “I NEED XYZ MILLIGRAMS OF HALDOL, STAT!” “SHE’S CRASHING!” “SECURITY!!!” “CODE BLUE CODE BLUE!!” “PAGE DOCTOR SO AND SO!” That dumb red light is gonna be on all the time. 🙄 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, DanaK said:

Sad about the mom dying after giving birth.

Weird case with that guy who wanted to be paralyzed and then refused surgery which then will likely make him paralyzed. But at the same time, surgery is risky so I can see Dr. Charles thinking he’s competent

Jack is going to try to make Chicago Med for-profit, which I thought it already was

It is a private non profit hospital as most of the first class hospitals in the US are. 

While they are not municipal hospitals, they don't have investors who would want the hospital to be run like any other private corporation and make a private. 

In NYC, for example Bellevue is a municipal hospital versus NYU-Langone which is a non profit. In Los Angeles, County US is a municipal hospital and Cedar Sinai is a private non-profit. 

I missed the part as to where the father of the boy and new baby was.  

I was impressed that Lilianna thought she was able to get a mortgage on a house in Chicago.  I would think the mortgage payment would be at least a couple of thousands a month.  How much would a person in maintenance make?  $49,000. Maybe?  

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I missed the part as to where the father of the boy and new baby was.  

I was impressed that Lilianna thought she was able to get a mortgage on a house in Chicago.  I would think the mortgage payment would be at least a couple of thousands a month.  How much would a person in maintenance make?  $49,000. Maybe?  

She hadn't really thought it through though. Dr Charles may have had personal motives to suggest she think more about it, but he was right to caution her to be careful as it was clear she hadn’t fully considered things, especially using most of or her entire savings for the down payment. She also needed to consider getting a real estate lawyer to handle the legal stuff

• Like 1

The acting, scripts, and storylines have become so bad on this show that I record it and watch with my finger on the fast forward button.  And then there are the awful wigs/hair styles.  Covid isn't an excuse anymore for not being able to employ a decent makeup department.

And please, somebody, just make it a true soap opera and have someone kill Maggie while she's saving him from a fire and meanwhile all the equipment is malfunctioning and the medical staff are locked in a room while suffering from ebola.

I don't get how Jack got so much power, what kind of contract did they write with him when they got the new operating room? Seems a bit far fetched that there are no city/state checks and balances in place.

2 hours ago, jabRI said:

I don't get how Jack got so much power, what kind of contract did they write with him when they got the new operating room? Seems a bit far fetched that there are no city/state checks and balances in place.

Didn't he buy the company that owned the hospital or something like that?